Men’s body needs extra care and concern after the age of 50, as they start having lower metabolism with increasing the risk of cardiovascular disease. No matter you are losing weight, gaining weight or just stay as usual time, but you need to follow a precise diet chart strictly, which will narrate you that what kind of nutrition is necessary for you and what not, at this stage of your life! Today, we will instruct you about a perfect diet chart for over 50 men, which will surely lead you towards a healthy future, let’s check it out-
Best Diet for Men after 50:
Although, a diet chart must be made of the proper information of the person about his age, height, and weight, as different shaped people need different types of diet plans yet, we are referring you a common type of diet chart which luckily suits with the foremost 50 aged people swiftly! Take a look-
- Emphasize on green vegetables and fruits while making your daily diet chart.
- Always choose fat-free or low-fat items when you are including some dairy product in your chart.
- Whole grain items are very effective to keep you healthy, after crossing the age limit of 50.
- Beans, seeds, and nuts are other beneficial items to eat at this stage.
- Low-fat fish and poultry are recommendable in an average amount in the daily routine after 50.
- Soups with the goodness of some seasonal veggies would be a good choice in this stage of life.
- Salads are one more mentionable item here in which you need to include as many different colors as you can by counting various types of fruits and vegetable in one salad.
- Some raw juice of fruits or vegetable could be recommendable here, but just make sure that you avoid those fruits, which come with high sugar content like mango or watermelon!
- Yogurt is a wonderful thing to insert in your daily diet chart, but choose Greek or only fat-less yogurt in this matter.
For those, who need clear instruction for a precise diet chart, try to intake 1-2 cups of fruits, 2-4 cups of vegetables (especially the green once), 5-10 ounces of grains, 3 cups of fat-free dairy products, 5-8 tbsp of oil, and 5-7 ounces of normal protein food as per day nutrients after the age of 50, if you want to go through your 50s healthy and prosperously!
Best Nutrition & Food:
Before making any tight decision about your daily diet chart, after hitting the age of 50, you must know that your body needs what kind of nutrients and minerals with a precise amount! So, let’s check it out-
Rich Protein Foods for Men:
Your body needs a very precise amount of protein, once you have reached the stage of 50. Thus, you need to take protein rich foods consciously, as protein can help you to look young and feel rejuvenate at this stage! According to the research, one gram protein per kilogram of your body weight is enough for daily intake, because the protein ingestion should always depend on of your body weight. As per a recent journal of the Institute of Medicine, men over 50 must eat 56 grams of protein each day through their normal foods.
Egg, lean fish, beans, tofu, skinless poultry, mercury-less seafood, egg white, soy products, legumes, seitan, low-fat dairy products, nuts, seeds and lean meat are some healthy high-protein items, which could benefit yours tremendously in this endeavor.
Fiber Needs for Men:
Fiber is highly essential at this stage of life for men, as it smoothens the digestion of a person, aids to lower the blood pressure, controls the sugar level in your blood, and solves some sensitive problems like constipation. Fiber is so crucial that some people start to take a fiber supplement daily, after hitting the age of 50! But, always remember that natural sources of fiber are much better to take than the artificial supplement. Thus, we will recommend you to include more fiber-rich food in your diet after reaching 50.
Beans, peas, lentils, fruits, vegetables with their husk, whole fruits, raw fruit juice, wholegrain bread and cereals, and plenty of mineral water are the keys of the richness of fiber in your body.
Iron Rich Foods:
Iron is another essential mineral for men after the age of 50. Iron also helps for a better digestion system and a healthy stomach. You can take some iron supplements as well instead of eating iron-rich food, but you must consult your doctor first in such cases. However, it is a beneficial mineral for aged men, yet you must be conscious of the amount of the daily intake of iron. Because excessive of iron on men’s body could harm you hugely as the additional iron stores in some of your organs like pancreases, heart, or liver and over times, it could turn into several disorders like cancer, heart diseases, diabetes, etc.
Cereal, cornflakes, white beans, lentils, cooked spinach, banana, celery, meats, pork, lean poultry, seafood, dried fruits, pasta, peas, etc. are some of those foods which are considered as the natural source of iron component.
Calcium Rich Foods:
Calcium is the most needed mineral of our body, and we can’t even stand properly with the lack of calcium, as the 99% of the bone structure depends on this single mineral! Out tooth health, calcium in the blood stream, bone health, and muscles developments depend on this single pedestal as well. A little bit of calcium lack could lead you towards to blood clotting, hormone secretion, optimal nerve transmission. It also helps to balance the pH of your body in a professional way, which no other nutrient could do! Thus, it is vital to include an enough amount of calcium in your daily diet, especially after the stage of 50.
Raw or whole milk, kale, sardines, yogurt, broccoli, watercress, Bok Choy, okra, almonds, etc. are some foods which are high in calcium value.
After reaching the age of 50, you must validate the nutrition level of your daily food and should intake an adequate amount of vitamins, minerals, and other required nutrients through your diet chart. Let’s check out what are the best choice of foods for your if you recently cross the age of 50-
Mushrooms, tart cherries, egg whites, berries, kefir, avocado, beans, apples, oats, nuts, yogurt, any leafy greens, fruits which are low in sugar content, etc. some kinds of good choices in this endeavor for healthy living.
Healthy Eating after 50:
If you are looking for a healthy food plan for your daily consumption, then, let’s check out our below mentioned chart which will surely instruct you about a perfect plate for your daily eating, after reaching the age of 50-
- Take 3 ounces of lean meat or lean poultry and make sure that the skin is properly separate from the item.
- Eat at least 2 whole fruits with their skin and don’t forget to wash the husk very clearly before eating them.
- Always include 1 cup of salad greens in your main meal, and double the amount of intake, if you are going to eat the veggies in cooked form, instead of raw form.
- Always eat the dairy products at the first part of the day, as for taking it in as much fatless form as you can!
- If you are a cereal lover then, try to merge your calcium-rich product like milk or yogurt with cereals and eat it in the morning if possible.
- Avoid any kind of white starch during the night, and take something light or less spicy food before bed. This will help you for an uncomplicated digestive system and a less interrupted sleep.
- Drink plenty of water and liquid beverages in more amount than the previous
- Taking soups is a very good habit in this stage, thus include different types of soups in your daily diet plan.
Per Day How much Calcium a man Needs, after 50?
Once a man crossed the age of 50, he should increase the intake level of daily calcium from 1000 mg to 1200 mg for the more strength of the body structure.
Best Diet Tips for Men over 50:
Besides a flawless diet chart, a man needs to look out some more tips for a healthy future, after crossing the age of 50. Here are some mentionable tips for you among them-
- Eat low-sodium food in more amounts and cut back the quantity of salt from your daily foods.
- Drink bounty of mineral water in a day, despite you don’t feel thirsty! One common problem often occurs at this stage in men is that the lack of thirst, while the body need more liquid content than the previous time! Thus, we will recommend you to drink a plenty of water in spite of the lack interest in drinking.
- You can escalate the liquid food items in your diet to overcome this problem more swiftly.
- Skip oily food as much as you can, and replace the snacks time with some tasty & healthy soups.
- Trim off any additional fat from your food before cooking it.
- Always choose a low-fat dairy product for dressing your salad recipes, otherwise, the goodness of salad end in an unhealthy item after all the efforts.
- Use only those sorts of oil which are unsaturated, monounsaturated or polyunsaturated vegetable oil for cooking.
- Try to roast or broil or bake or boil your food instead of frying them, after hitting the age of 50.
- Cook and eat only fresh food and avoid any type of preserved and freeze food item from your daily lives.
- Include an adequate amount of veggies in your each main meal and take frequent sips of drink during the whole eating.
- Seafood is prohibited for over 50 men, but only those, which are rich with mercury element. Fishes, which are rich in omega-3 and another healthy nutrient, could be eaten in some amount per weekly basis.
Foods, which should avoid after 50:
Eating healthy foods is not enough for a fit living off a man, after 50, you must remove some foods completely from your eating list to stay healthy.
Red meat, fatty fish, bakery and dairy products with artificial sweetener, high-sodium food, high-protein food, over oily dishes, spicy preparations, beverage with high sugar content, carbonated drinks, alcohol, cooked or half-cooked proteins, wheat grains, starch, poultry with outer skin, fatty seafood, restaurant-based caffeine, chocolate, freezing dairy products, additional fat saturated foods, street foods, dry fruits, artificially made milk like powder or condensed milk, etc. are some of those items which could bring your bad health effect, if you still keep them on your list, after crossing the age of 50, especially for the men.
Some Best Multivitamin Supplements for Men over 50:
Men need multivitamins more vigorously as they start aging after 50. This time, the ability to drag nutrients from food of their body goes down gradually, thus multivitamins become essential for them. Nowadays, you can find several multivitamin supplements in almost every medical store out there, which could be found in various forms like pills, capsules, gummies, injections or liquid substances. These multivitamins contain different types of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in raw content.
Vitamin D, vitamin B-12, folic acid, antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin E, carotene, lycopene, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin K, vitamin D2, iodine, molybdenum, iron, etc. are some of those specific nutrients, which your body needs more significantly after reaching the age of 50.
Alive Once Daily Men’s 50+ Multi Ultra Potency Tablets, Centrum Silver Multivitamin Supplement Men 50+, Garden of Life Vitamin Code 50, Nature Made Multi for Him 50+, New Chapter Every Man II Multivitamin, are some mentionable items in this regards, which all are available in any medical store near you as well as any online site.