Pcos is the abbreviation of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which is a disease find in women’s body. This is one type of condition in which the level of sex hormones of a woman goes out of balance and often leads towards the growth of ovarian cysts. This illness has to be controlled properly to save you from various serious health issues, which may occur of Pecos in your body. Apart from the medicated treatments, you should also follow a precise diet chart strictly and apply some home remedies as well, to treat and get cured of Pcos! In this wise endeavor, we are suggesting you here a few effective remedies along with a perfect diet plan, which will aid you proficiently to control and cure Pcos in a certified way, check them out-
1. Best Diet Tips for Pcos:
- In the attempt of controlling hormone disorder, which leads Pcos, green and leafy vegetables are one best thing to include. As they are rich in several nutrients like vitamin K, C, E, and most efficiently vitamin B along with calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, etc. needed minerals.
- Berry fruits are another recommendable item here in the management of Pcos naturally. Berry types of fruits are enriched with fiber content along with other required nutrients, thus they could help us magnificently to combat hormonal disorder as well as Pcos.
- Women, who are afraid of having berry fruits because of the high sugar content, should take fruits which have lower GI and high in nutrients, like fruits with lots of seeds or nuts! Kiwi, apples, cherries, pears, plums, grapes, orange, coconut, etc. are some of those kinds.
- Colorful vegetables are one more thing you could incorporate to manage or treat hormone disorder innately. Remember that brightly colored veggies are high with antioxidant properties which play a beneficial role in controlling or managing Pcos swiftly. As Pcos is basically an oxidative illness thus, this richness of antioxidant helps us tremendously to fight Pcos naturally.
- Healthy fat or fatty acids are one mentionable component here in Pcos diet, which could lend a hand to include the needed nutrients in our body and cut out the toxins from our body cells. This type of healthy fatty content also helps to normalize the hormone balance and increase the fertility surprisingly. Nuts, seeds, beans, oily fish, olive oil, avocado, etc. are some natural source of that kind of fats.
- Organic or grass-fed meat is one highly valuable item to include in your diet chart. This type of pasture-fed lean meat is less in hormones but high in standard meat content, because they often fed grain and thus, work efficiently for hormone balance and combat Pcos, which no normal poultry item could do!
- Health supplements or multivitamin supplements are another helpful item here which boost our body to fight against the symptoms of Pcos and normalize the hormone balance. Doctors often prescribe those items in your daily diet which are rich in several nutrients; inevitably health supplements with those particular vitamin properties would definitely help us in this curing process of Pcos! Try to take supplements daily for the betterment of your hormonal emission.
nutritionist – diet ideas for pcos.
2. Vitamins for Pcos:
Vitamins are highly essential in the combat of Pcos thus; women with Pcos are not only prescribed for the intake of fruits or veggies which are rich in vitamins but, they are recommended with a few certain doses of multivitamin supplements. Though most types of vitamins are required for controlling Pcos, yet vitamin B plays the most effective role in this endeavor. Insulin level is the key component for the sugar level in your blood and it has been studied that the hormone balance also affects by this level. As vitamin B is directly responsible for the sugar metabolism, consequently, it manages the escalation or reduction of insulin as well as hormone balance.
Vitamin A, D, K, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, B complex, etc. are some other needed nutrients here, which also aid you professionally in the curing process of Pcos naturally.
Role of vitamins on pcos – Ming-wei Lin .
3. Acupuncture for Pcos:
Acupuncture could provide us a desiring relief in this endeavor or treat Pcos effortlessly. Although curing Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome could be possible with several medications, yet they come with some bad side effects for the utmost times, and acupuncture could bring a relief exactly at this point! It has been observed that during the treatment of Pcos women have many symptoms like malaise, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea along with a quality of infertility and acupuncture could help here not only reducing those symptoms but, as well as escalating the fertility in them!
How it Helps
In this process, needles are placed down the acupuncture meridians linked to the reproduction tract. In this way, it will stimulate the organs, normalize hormone, promote the blood flow as well as regularize the reproductive system, and solve the Pcos issues one by one. Remember that to treat Pcos; acupuncture is needed to apply to the abdominal muscles and back of the knee points, which are associated with ovaries directly. Try to get the treatment for 16 weeks for the complete cure of this illness.
Acupuncture treatment for pcos – pacific college.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar for Pcos:
Apple cider vinegar is a boon to control hormone disorder, as it restricts the production of insulin which drives you towards a fewer testosterone syndrome and controls the Pcos problem manually. Let’s see how to use it-
- Take two full tbsp of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar first.
- Now, add it in a glass of water and stir well with a spoon.
- After that, drink this solution in the morning before taking any meals.
- Keep this habit in your daily routine, until you get a desiring result.
5. Essential Oils for Pcos:
Essential oil help to control the insulin level in our blood and balance the hormone naturally, along with reduction the stress and decrease the cortisol that is widespread in Pcos affected women. These oils also help for regularizing the menstrual cycle and improve the fertility amazingly. Lets’ see how to use it for managing Pcos-
- Take jojoba oil, grapes oil, both in 1 ounces quantity.
- Now, add rosemary, lavender, thyme, sage, and cedar essential oil into that mix all in 4 drops quantity.
- Then, blend them all finely and apply on your abdominal over the clean scalp in every morning and night.
6. Best Exercise for Pcos:
Exercise has a magical effect on such polycystic ovarian syndrome and thus, it is considered as one of the most excellent treatment to deal with it! Exercise aid to normalize the hormone disorder and increase the fertility of a woman’s body.
Cardio and aerobic exercises are highly effective methods here, which will help to reduce the extra weight that you have gained for Pcos and normalize the insulin to control the hormone disorder perfectly. Strength training and interval training are the best choices in such cases.
How exercises help in pcos – pcos in women who exercise regularly.
7. Yoga for Pcos:
Ancient process which has been treating and preventing the Pcos problem since years. Yoga would regulate the endocrine glands which could help for balancing hormones and maintain a healthy ovary or uterus condition.
- Several asanas are beneficial for Pcos, but meditation is probably the best one among them, as you don’t need to give any physical effort for that and it helps to reduce the stress from your body as well as control of Pcos.
- Bhadrasana is another effective yoga for Pcos which is also known as yoga pose. It aids to get relief from menstrual discomfort along with the maintaining a normal hormone level.
- If you are looking for the best remedy through yoga then, Surya Namaskar is the best process for you. It is also known as Sun Salutation which distresses our entire body and detoxifies the whole system naturally.
Also learn about kapalabhathi pranayama which can help pcos – Reshma.
Tutorial video on yoga poses for pcos
8. Spearmint Tea for Pcos:
Spearmint tea can also help you here superbly due to the richness of anti-androgenic properties of this component. Studies have claimed that this tea could diminish the total testosterone levels and escalate the luteinizing hormone along with increasing the follicle-stimulating hormone stages.
- At first, simmer one cup of water in a pan and then, add one tbsp of dried spearmint leaves into that water.
- Let the whole thing boil for at least 5-10 minutes.
- After that, strain the leaves from the tea and drink it like normal tea.
- Take this solution twice a day and you will cure the Pcos problem soon.
How spearmint tea helps in pcos – NCBI.
How to make spearmint tea – wikihow.
9. Coconut oil for Pcos:
Coconut oil is another commendable component here which lends a hand to control blood sugar level, improve the secretion of insulin and thus indirectly diminish the possibilities of Pcos. Let’s see how to use it for the treatment of Pcos-
- To get the benefit of coconut oil in Pcos, try to include it in your daily diet.
- Use coconut oil instead of other oils to prepare your food.
- Or you can use extra virgin coconut oil in your breakfast meal every day.
- Apply organic coconut oil for the dressing of your salads and get the goodness of this product more vigorously.
10. Cinnamon for Pcos:
Cinnamon is a wonderful element to improve and regularize the menstrual cyclicity in women who are suffering from Pcos. Studies have proven that cinnamon supplement work for the improvement of women’s fertility and sterility along with reducing the insulin level naturally. Take a look at how to take it-
How to use
- Mix one tbsp of cinnamon powder in a glass of hot water and stir well.
- Now, drink this cinnamon water daily continuously for a few months.
- Or you can even add this spice to your meals or daily diets to get the raw benefits of cinnamon.
- The cinnamon supplement would be another option here, which could help your amazingly in the reduction of Pcos symptoms, but don’t forget to consult your doctor before taking supplements.
12. Best Foods for Pcos:
Apart from the dieting foods, there are also some items left, which could help you in the process of managing Pcos problem those are regarded as the best foods for balancing hormone level in women’s body. They are as follow-
- Low carbohydrate foods like cereals, lentils, legumes, etc.
- Foods those are low in GI or Glycemic Index, like wheat pasta, whole grain bran, cherries, plums, dried apricot, fruits with seeds, etc.
- Food which is rich in vitamin B & D
- Foods which are natural source of protein but low in fat, like any lean poultry and meats
- Seasonal vegetables and leafy greens
- Foods which are rich in fiber.
poly-cystic ovarian syndrome lifestyle and diet changes – mayo.
Bigger breakfast may help pcos – stanford.
How diet plays role in pcos – role of diet in pcos.
Lentils recipe: herbed lentils with spinach and tomatoes – cooking channel.
13. Foods to Avoid in Pcos:
As we always say that including beneficial foods are not enough, until you eliminate some foods which could ruin your entire process of reducing Pcos symptoms naturally! Here also, you need to avoid some foods to get a better hormonal syndrome with other healthy benefits. Check out them apparently below-
- Foods with high GI is one must-avoidable item for balancing hormone syndrome, and dry fruits, white rice, white pasta, soda, candy, flavored foods, etc. are some of those kinds.
- Dairy products are also a very dangerous item for those who are suffering from Pcos, as they could increase the testosterone level and make the Pcos symptoms worse than ever!
- Soy products are also harmful to hormonal balance, so stay away from such items, if you are trying to conceive in your near future!
- Unhealthy fats are strictly prohibited for a better fertility system, thus avoid as many fat-consisted items like red meat, sausages, oily fish, bacon, beef, etc. types of items as much as you can!
- Caffeine is one more mentionable item here to shun from your daily diet, as it could escalate the estradiol levels and affect women’s fertility hugely!
14. Juicing for Pcos:
Having juice of raw vegetables and fruits is probably the tastiest and healthy way to treat the hormonal disorder as well as Pcos problem! Raw juice of vegetables and fruits are enriched with various beneficial nutrients like antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, chlorophyll, etc. thus, they are skilled for balancing our blood sugar level along with hormonal issues.
Juicing is actually a very easy process, especially in this technologically advanced era! Let’s check out how to make some valuable juices which are effective to control Pcos problem with all its symptoms-
- Spinach juice is a very effective one indeed, in which, you need to wash each and every leaf of spinach at the initial stage. Now cut them off into small pieces and blend in your food processor. Finally, strain the raw juice through a strainer and drink directly.
- Cucumber juice is another effective one here, in which you need to peel off the husk of your cucumber first, and then, follow the step as above.
- Berry juice is one more effective item here, which as tasty too! Just make sure that you have taken out every single seed of your berry, before placing it in your food processor.
- Green apple juice is a great thing too, for dealing the hormonal disorder naturally!
About eating balanced diet , protein, fats and juices for pcos – health online pdf.
Spinach juice recipe at food diva.