Asthma is a disgusting illness in which our airways turn narrow for any sudden reason like allergy, cold air or emotional stress. At that time you will get several bad symptoms related to breathing, like wheezing, chest tightness, coughing, etc. It is difficult to cure this disease completely of your body, yet a few healthy procedures could aid you a little here. After some experiments, many new age health experts start believing that a good diet plan could knock up the risk of developing asthma from our system!
Only those, who are suffering from asthma know the scaring feeling of breathing problem, thus though science claims that the relation of foods and asthma is inconclusive, yet there is no drawback part to give it a try, isn’t it! Hence, let’s check out some suggestions on foods, exercise and home remedies, which could give you temporary relief from this crisis, apart from the precise medications. Take a look-
1. Best Foods for Asthma:
Although this illness has been bothered the entire world since last three decades, and doctors are continuously trying to find some new hope for treating asthma as much effortlessly as they can, yet, there is a little cloud left at the portion of research, which could suggest us what kinds of foods are better to treat asthma normally! However, depending on the experiments, we can say that some healthy foods have shown their minor effects on treating asthma and lend a hand to the curing process. Let’s check them out-
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acid could give you a positive effect on the reason of asthma. Hence try to include some items in your daily diet which are enriched with this nutrient, like salmon, tuna, sardines, etc. fishes. Vegetarian people could try some plant source of omega-3 fatty acid, such as flaxseeds, seeds, beans, etc.
- Eat bounty of fresh fruits and vegetables which are rich in various good nutrients, as we don’t know clearly that which vegetable or fruit might have a positive result on asthma, thus increase the intake of varieties of veggies and fruits could help you here superbly!
- Caffeine beverages are one helpful method for asthma, as it has been observed that asthma infected people could get some temporary relief by such items. Coffee, tea or some of these types of beverages could provide a few bronchodilator effects to your airways, which bring you relief for one or two hours during the suffocating feeling of asthma.
- Magnesium rich foods are a bit helpful here which make you feel better for a long while and help to diminish the possibilities of the attack of asthma. Spinach is a natural source of magnesium and could bring your positive effect in such endeavor. Pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, chard, etc. some more items which are the natural source of magnesium.
- Vitamin D rich foods also leave a good effect on the symptoms of asthma, especially on the shortness of breath problem. Milk, egg white, organ juice, etc. are some of those kinds.
- Beta-carotene rich foods are another beneficial item for asthma. Research has proven that people, who take a large amount beta carotene through vitamin A, have less asthma problem comparatively! Broccoli, carrots, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, etc. are some of those kinds.
- Last but definitely the best one is the apples which could help you spectacularly to lower the risk of asthma and improve the function of your lung. Hence, you could say here that ‘an apple a day keeps definitely asthma away!
2. Exercise for Asthma:
- Cardio exercise is the best way to treating or curing asthma in a natural way and among them, swimming is the probably the most effective one! Swimming aids to build some muscles in your torso which use for breathing. Fitness experts also claim that this exercise also triggers your lungs to lots of temperate or humid air that heal the asthma symptoms swiftly.
- Walking is another effective exercise for asthma which could provide you a long lasting or permanent solution to the chest tightness or short breathing problem. Try to walk in open area for at least half an hour daily, and you will see a positive result soon.
- Gymnastics are another recommendable process here for curing asthma naturally. These types of exercises give a boost to your lung function and thus, solve any kind of breathing problem normally. However, most of the gymnastics are suitable for asthma patients yet, you must consult an expert before trying any gymnastic trick to yourself!
3. Yoga and Breathing Exercise for Asthma:
Yoga is even better to get remedied from asthmatic tendency as it works in a much smoother way than exercise, and basically, you don’t need to give very much of physical effort to do such workouts! There are several effective asana or yoga postures are available in our hands, which are proficiently effective on breathing problems, but we are referring top 3 of them, let’s take a look-
- Uttanasana is a posture in which you need to stand forward first, then bend your torso towards the floor and grab the back of your both knees with your hands. Hold this position for a few minutes and get back to the standing position. This yoga helps you magnificently in various ways and gives positive effects on your lungs as well as kidney, liver, and spleen.
- Anulom-Vilom is one highly effective asana for curing asthmatic issues r any breathing-related problem. In this posture, you need to sit down first on your hips and put the legs in cross-way over each other. Now, hold the left nostril using right-hand finger and breathe through the right Keep your head on the left side this time, after breathing for 5-10 seconds, switch the position and breathe similarly.
- Shavasana is the easiest and effortless way to treat your asthma and get cured of its symptoms gradually. In this asana, all you need is just lie down on a mat, look straight upside towards the ceiling and relax your body as much as you can by keeping all the body parts open. This asana gives a boost to our blood circulation system and improves our nerve health manually.
4. Essential Oils for Asthma:
Essential oils help to the treat asthma sensitively than any other methods, thus many heath experts advise to use this object to get provisional relief from the symptoms of asthma. Apart from the medications and inhalers, a few essential oils prevent the attack of asthma effectively and give you a much smoother breathing tendency than ever! Let’s check out top 3 essential oils, which are professionally skilled for lowering the symptoms of asthma-
- Peppermint oil is one of the best essential oils which are rich in antihistamine properties than help tremendously to get relieved from asthma attack instantly. Combine 2 drops of peppermint oil with 2 drops of lemon oil and 15-20 drops of carrier oil and massage the mixture on your chest twice a day.
- Lavender oil is another effective essential oil for the asthmatic tendency which provides a long-lasting relief in the attack of asthma because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Add 20 drops of lavender oil into a bowl with hot water and inhale the steam through your mouth. Apply this process twice or thrice a day and you will be able to fight the asthmatic attack proficiently.
- Tea tree oil is good essential oil either for treating asthmatic symptom skillfully. The richness of expectorant properties eliminates the mucus from your airways and keeps the lung function uninterrupted for an extended period.
5. Diet Plan for Asthma:
As a good feeding habit could help you spectacularly thus, the utmost asthma patients are prescribed to follow a precise diet plan that contains an adequate amount of essential nutrients. Let’s check out one kind of such diet plans, which could help you remarkably with asthmatic tendency-
- Start your day with vitamin D rich foods like milk or eggs or orange juice.
- An apple is a good companion with this type of food, which give you energy and help you in our asthmatic attack as well.
- Beta-carotene rich foods are good as midday meal like leafy greens, carrot-based salads, sweet potato, etc.
- For an evening snack, try something which is rich in magnesium and potassium content like, seeds, grilled salmon, dark chocolate, seeds or nuts.
- Vitamin A rich foods are easy to digest thus, choose some kind of that thing for your night meal. A spinach sandwich or a grilled broccoli with salads and yogurt would be a nice choice for you in such cases.
6. Foods to Avoid in Asthma:
Like some foods act helpful to the asthma attack, there are some foods either, which act very harmful for the tendency of asthma and increase its symptoms to the worst. Thus, you should eliminate those foods from your eating list as soon as possible, when suffering from any of asthmatic symptoms.
High sulfites foods like wine, dried fruits, foods which contain artificial ingredients like market-based drinks, bakery items, cabbages, onions, oily fried foods, foods with chemical preservatives like readymade foods, processed foods, shellfish, and wheat, etc. are those types of foods which may trigger the symptoms of asthma and make it worse than ever!
7. Juice for Asthma:
Juices are literally blessing for those who are suffering from asthma long, tired of living on inhaler! The rich of vitamin C or beta carotene of foremost juices lend a hand to increase the lung capacity prevent any breathing disorder naturally, thus these healthy juices act effectively on the attack of asthma.
Carrot juice, celery juice, fennel juice, kale juice, spinach juice, cilantro juice, wheatgrass juice, beetroot juice, radish juice, radish juice, tomato juice, capsicum juice, pineapple juice, pomegranate juice, strawberry juice, etc. are some those items which could help you in this endeavor outstandingly.
8. Vitamins for Asthma:
Supplying essential nutrients is a clever way to treat and cure the asthmatic tendency gradually. Thus, doctors always insist on including some healthy vitamin base foods in our diet chart, if we are suffering from asthma disease. Vitamin C, D, and E are three most crucial vitamins in the treatment of asthma. You can even take some vitamin supplement as well if you can include too much of natural sources of these vitamins. It has been seeing that low levels of necessitating vitamins could increase the symptoms of asthma to the fullest, thus incorporate them in any possible way to your daily routine, if you want to keep your lungs away from the attack of asthma!
9. Home Remedies for Asthma:
According to the research, the existence of several good properties in ginger helps to build up smooth muscle cells in your lungs and makes the airway tract smoother, thus this root spice work as beta-agonist and could resolve any breathing issues professionally.
You can take ginger to treat asthma in various ways, through soup, juice, tea or salads, depends on your taste, but remember that raw form of this root spice always works in an improved way. For the better outcome, try to take it regularly in the same process.
Garlic is rich in anti-inflammatory properties which help this root spice to provide relief in such inflammatory disease asthma. You can get the goodness of garlic for the curing process of asthma in several ways, but here we are narrating you the easiest one among them-
- Firstly, take 7-8 cloves from one mature garlic and peel them off.
- Now, crush the cloves finely and place them in a small heat resistance pot.
- After that, pour in ¼ cup of unsweetened organic milk and simmer well for 5 minutes.
- Finally, turn the heat off, strain the milk from the mixture and drink it while cool down properly like normal tea.
Turmeric is another beneficial product here to treat asthma naturally. This product also enriched with anti-inflammatory properties which help to clear the mucus from your lungs and unblock the airways normally. Let’s see how to utilize this as a remedy for asthma-
- Though you can take turmeric in several forms as an asthma curer, yet taking it in powder condition would give you more benefits than ever.
- Try to take ¼ tbsp of turmeric powder and eat it with one cup of lukewarm water 4 times a day.
- You will see a remarkable effect on your asthma symptoms with 14-15 days!
Magnesium is a crucial nutrient for the treatment of asthma, which is mostly effective to moderate the symptoms of asthma in kids. The bronchodilation and anti-inflammatory properties have made this item essential for the treatment of asthma. So, try to escalate the intake of magnesium content in your daily food for the betterment of your asthmatic tendency.
5. Using Humidifier:
A humidifier is a contemporary object that humidifies the tract of your airways and eases the breathing process which may have blocked for the symptoms of asthma. Though it is a doctor prescribed process to help in the breathing process for the who have suffocation problem, yet one should always consult with his or her doctor, before applying humidifier on themselves!
6. First Aid for Asthma:
First aid generally indicates a box in which you could carry some essential goods for treating some minor injuries or healthy issues. A first aid box always should contain some cotton, a hand sanitizer, some bandages, hydrocortisone cream, tweezers, pain relievers, solution for cleaning wounds, antibiotic cream, etc.
In the process of treating asthma, a first aid kit must carry one more thing to function during the attack of asthma, and that is an inhaler. In the procedure of first aid in an asthma attack, you need do a few more things too; like sit uprightly, loosen the tight clothing, etc. to prevent the attack from going worse condition. Hence, we refer first aid for asthma; it indicates that taking care at the primary stage of an asthma attack with initial asthmatic tools.