1. Benefits of Garlic For hair loss and growth
- Garlic is one of the most versatile condiments you can find in your kitchen as it has numerous health benefits for our body. If you are suffering from hair loss or have already lost a large amount of hair, then it’s really advisable for you to have some garlic daily.
- Garlic has lots of vitamins and minerals that they help our body gain a substantial amount of hair effectively. It contains Sulfur, Copper, Zinc, Iron in salts and Vitamin B and Vitamin C in excess, and all of these are vital for proper functioning of the body and the development of strong hair, many times hair losses are due to deficiency of Sulfur which is rectified by having garlic .
- Copper is believed to delay graying of hair and so makes you appear young for a long period of time. You should start having garlic daily and soon you would find substantial gain in the volume of hair .
2. Garlic Aids in Weight Loss
Garlic can help you lose that extra pound which you always wanted to have. If you are obese or overweight then you can surely have it without thinking twice.
Garlic works like a miracle when it comes to reducing weight. There is a compound called Allicin in Garlic which possesses anti-bacterial properties and scales down the excess fat and unhealthy cholesterol from the body.
The only thing you have to get addicted to is the pungent smell that Garlic has and rest other benefits will follow when you would consume it.
3. Wonders of Garlic for Skin
Garlic has very positive effects on the skin and makes it smooth and free from skin related disorders. We know that Garlic possess anti-fungal, anti-septic and anti-bacterial properties, which work in conjunction to make skin free from disorders and thus making it appear natural.
It also contains a lot of anti-oxidants that combats against the harmful free radicals which can cause permanent damage to the skin, thus having garlic can prevent you from various skin problems while making your skin smooth and glowing.
4. Reduces Unhealthy Cholesterol
Garlic is very effective in preventing heart related disease and disorder, there have been many scientific studies done on garlic and its potent effect to ward off cardiovascular diseases have been verified.
It works in such a way that garlic reduces the unhealthy type of cholesterol and maintains high blood pressure, thus preventing the risk of any heart problems. Garlic has also shown to reduce platelet aggregation and so makes our heart healthy.
5. Garlic for gas (Bloating and belching)
Garlic can help with various digestion related problems if consumed responsibly otherwise it may have a reverse effect like that of the gas and heartburn.
The various compounds present in the Garlic are very active and can cause burning sensation in the stomach if consumed in large dosage.
6. Garlic Reduces the Fatigue During Pregnancy
Garlic is very effective against various health problems that occur during pregnancy that includes raised blood pressure and blood circulation problem. But you should first consult your doctor before starting having garlic.
It can treat vaginal infections due to fungal activity as it possesses anti-fungal properties and also kills bacteria owing to its anti-bacterial properties. Garlic has also shown to reduce fatigue that happens during pregnancy.
7. Garlic Boosts Immune System to Fight Cough
Garlic is fully packed with vitamins and minerals which work in making our immune system stronger and more effective against various kinds of infections and diseases.
It has shown to cure common cold effectively and helps to get rid of the cough associated with it immediately.
If you suffer from frequent cough problems, then you can surely have Garlic and the cough related problem would be long gone.
8. Acidity Treatment with Garlic
Garlic has a compound called Allicin, which help combat acidity problem, the way it works is that it reduces the acid content of the body and thus balancing the pH level of the blood.
One thing to note is that one should not consume too much garlic (Don’t overdose garlic ) as then it would have the reverse effect on the body and thus deteriorate the acidity condition even more.
9. Garlic Prevents Breast Cancer in Women
Garlic has few benefits exclusive to women. Many times women suffer from vaginal infections like Candida Albicans, which is a type of yeast infection, Garlic can help to cure such yeast infection as it has strong Anti-Fungal properties.
Certain types of cancer associated with women like that of breast and colon cancer can be prevented by having Garlic regularly. Garlic can also be used as a one of the home remedies to get rid of uti.
10. Also Reduces Chances of Cancer in Men
Garlic is beneficial for both the genders, but there are few things associated with Men that it helps profoundly like treating cardiovascular problems and preventing prostate cancer.
Garlic is full of anti-oxidants thus help us to fight against free radicals and so keeps our heart healthy, it also brings down the levels of unhealthy cholesterol.
Garlic also has anti-cancer properties , thus protecting men from various types of cancer like prostate and colon. In various scientific investigations, it was found out that people who added Garlic(2) in their diet had a lower risk of getting prostate cancer than those who did not include it in their diet.
Garlic also boosts the immune system of the body and thus protects from getting various types of diseases (1).
11. Garlic for acne cure
If you suffer from acne then it’s advisable that you use Garlic as it has shown to treat various skin related disorders effectively.
Garlic contains a compound named Allicin that decomposes into a compound called Sulfenic Acid that is a potent anti-oxidant and thus prevents the harmful free radicals causing damage to the skin in the form of acne.
The anti-fungal and anti-septic property of Garlic clears out the skin pores from unwanted materials, thus healing acne naturally, while also making sure that it doesn’t occur again.
12. Natural Immunization Dose for Babies
Garlic is able to enhances the flavor of mother’s milk (Mothers are advised to consume garlic for increased lactation), thus making babies to have milk through breastfeeding for longer duration and which makes them strong and healthy as we all know mother’s milk is the best health tonic for the babies(4).
Apart from this Garlic boosts the immune system of babies thus protecting them against various infections, packed with a huge amount of vitamins and minerals. Garlic helps in proper growth and development of the body(3).
Also check for diaper rash home remedies for babies.
13. Garlic for dandruff treatment
Garlic is very useful in removing dandruff from the hairs and can be used topically or by consuming it. Many believe that dandruff is caused due to excessive growth of fungus in the scalp of hair.
Garlic contains Allacin which has very potent anti-fungal properties that removes dandruff from the roots of hair by eliminating all the fungal activity in your scalp.
How to grow garlic : step by step ideas to plant grow harvest and store garlic .
How to roast garlic in oven and in pan
These roasted garlic can be served after it reaches room temperature and even you can store it for 10 – 14 days. You can consume this garlic spread on bread or mash and have it with salads or directly in garlic soups.
- Remove papers off from garlic
- Preheat oven 350F
- Trim the bottom part of garlic
- Add some olive oil
- Warp in aluminum foil
- Bake it oven around 30+ mins and check.
- visit thekitchn for details.
How to roast garlic in pan:
- Add trimmed Garlic to pan
- Add tablespoon of olive oil spreaded over cloves
- cook in a low flame
- occasionally stir until it outer peels gets cooked with brown color
- Once its ready cool it down and you can pinch to get you garlic clove.
- at illcookyouwash find it detailed
14. How to get rid of Garlic breath
Even though garlic has numerous health benefits the pungent smell from garlic is really offensive. When we eat garlic then we suffer from bad breath due to the smell of Garlic.
You can easily come over by eating raw apples or having a glass of lemon juice or drinking a cup of green tea. Follow any of the three steps to get rid of garlic breath.
Take Home Message: Garlic Health Benefits