1. Drink Chamomile Tea for Deep Sleep Without Sound
Sipping chamomile tea before going to sleep could seriously help with the snoring problem. Chamomile tea is rich in anti-inflammatory agents that relaxes the muscles and nerves, thus stops the snoring from occurring.
If you suffer from muscular aches too, then this tea would ease out the pain associated with muscular ache too.
- You can use chamomile tea by dipping a chamomile tea bag in hot water for a few minutes, after which strain the tea and add one teaspoon of honey.
- After preparing the tea, drink it before going to bed.
2. Use a Humidifier to Open Up the Passage
Many a times snoring occurs due to congestion in the lungs and throat or presence of excess amounts of dry air in the atmosphere; you can rectify this situation by using a humidifier.
On top of using a humidifier you can add certain oils, like eucalyptus or peppermint to the humidifier so as to clear the nasal passage and throat, thus curing the snoring problem.
- All you need to do is add a few drops of eucalyptus or peppermint oils into the humidifier and use it for around 30 minutes before going to bed.
- You can use the oil as per your requirements, but make sure that you start by adding only a little amount of oil initially as the smell could be a little overwhelming.
3. Take tea – Nettle’s Anti-histamine Property
If you snore only in particular seasons of a year, then it may be due to seasonal allergies that might irritate your nasal passage and letting you snore. This type of snoring is temporary in nature and could be easily cured by having Nettle.
Nettle has anti-histamine as well as anti-inflammatory properties, thus curing the snoring problem permanently.
- You can utilize Nettle by boiling some dried nettle leaves and steeping it for a few minutes.
- Drink the prepared tea before going to sleep and you would find your family members worshipping you in the morning.
4. Do workout, Snoring Treatment with Treadmill
If you are an obese or overweight, then your weight may be causing the snoring problem. When there is extra fat inside the body then, you might have extra tissues in your throat, which starts obstructing the flow of air and thus causing snoring.
- There are various ways you can lose weight, but it’s advisable to go for natural ways to lose weight.
- Running or doing exercises are better, as the chemical tablets that are available for weight loss in the market, have loads of side effects and may not even work.
5. Consume Cardamom Tea – Nice Expectorant to Free You From Snoring
Cardamom has decongestant and expectorant properties, thus it’s very effective against clearing up the blocked nasal passages, thereby providing space for air to move freely. As the air moves unobstructed, snoring stops.
- You can use cardamom by mixing the cardamom powder to a glass of lukewarm water
- Drink it half an hour before going to bed.
6. Have Garlic – Decongestant to Avoid Nasal Congestion
Garlic proves effective as it has anti-inflammatory and decongestant property owing to which reduces the inflammation present in the nose and throat while it also reduces the mucus build-up in the nasal region.
- You can use garlic either by chewing raw garlic before going to bed
- Use it in the meals prepared for dinner.
7. Do Pranayama (yoga) – Increases blood Circulation for Snoring Relief
Yoga is an ancient technique that holds the power to cure all types of problem associated with the human body, you can use it for curing snoring too.
Pranayama is a branch of yoga that focuses on the breathing techniques, thus if you practice pranayama regularly then you could cure your snoring problem.
Pranayama increases the blood circulation in the body, thus delivers more blood throughout the body which in turn relaxes the entire body.
- You can either do pranayama at home or join yoga classes nearby to your home.
- It is advisable to first learn yoga by a certified trainer and then practicing it at home.
8. Sip Honey water – Treats Inflammation to Cure Snoring
One of the easiest and readily available home remedy for snoring is Honey. It has anti-inflammatory property that reduces the swelling associated in the chest and throat regions, which can obstruct airways and cause snoring.
The lubricating property of honey relieves from the muscle vibrations which in turn eases out the sound associated with snoring.
- You can use Honey by mixing one tablespoon of it in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Drink it before going to bed.
- Doing this daily would not only protect you from snoring, but also would help you in losing the excess fat stored in your body.
- You can also use honey by adding it in herbal teas, like green or chamomile tea, and having it before bedtime.
9. Avoid sedatives and alcohol
It is advisable to avoid drinking alcohol or alcoholic beverages and sedative at least three hours before going to bed.
They are known to expand the airways by making them diluted and thereby blocking off the passage of air and causing you to snore.
10. Gargle Peppermint – Reduce Swelling and Gives Free Breathing
Peppermint has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the swelling associated the throat and chests, thus aiding in smooth and unobstructed breathing. Seasonal snoring related to allergies could be cured by using peppermint remedies.
- You can use peppermint either by adding few drops of peppermint oil to a glass of hot water.
- Gargle with it before going to sleep.
- You can also add a few drops of peppermint oil in your humidifier.
- Use it for few hours before going to bed.
Why do we snore?
Snoring occurs when the movement of air is restricted as it passes through your throat and nose when you sleep. This obstruction causes the tissues surrounding the nose and throat to vibrate, thus producing the snoring sound.
Is it normal for babies to snore?
It is not uncommon for babies to snore at night, but it is advisable to consult the snoring pattern with your baby’s doctor so as to ensure that it’s not a symptom of an underlying medical condition.
There are various home remedies by which you can get rid of snoring, thus saving your loved ones from the mental stress associated with hearing the snoring sound.
Take Home Message in Picture