At some point, almost every one of us gets an abdominal pain. These troubles are always short lived, either come and go or appear after a heavy meal or as menstrual cramps in women. There are a number of simple home remedies that provides good relief over your abdominal pains.
What causes stomach pain?
Abdominal pains are caused by various factors. They occur either due to indigestion or some inflammation in the abdominal organs or glands. One main reason is the accumulation of gallstones. These stones form in the gall bladder and lead to swelling of the intestine and result in pain. Similarly ulcer, food poisoning, stress, poor diet, dehydration, Infections, Nutritional deficiencies can also lead to pain in the stomach. Stress and depression also leads to irritable bowel syndrome that causes pain in the abdomen due to improper digestion and bowel movements. The stomach pain can occur on either sides of the abdomen or on the entire area.
Some simple and effective home remedies that can cure abdominal pains:
Three acupuncture points to calm down your stomach
Acupuncture has proved to balance the unbalanced energy in various parts of our body. Especially for stomach pains, the acupuncture technique provides instant relief. Some of the important pressure points are:
- Union valley: Located between the index finger and the thumb, on the upper hand. It helps to relieve constipation, diarrhea and abdominal cramps.
- Crooked pond: Located at the top of the elbow, at the edge of the joint it stimulates indigestion, nausea and relieves stomach pains.
- Center of power: it is the point at the center of your chest, between the base of the breastbone and the belly button. It helps in relieving emotional stress, improper bowel movements and indigestion.
Go for yoga and regular workout to prevent it
It is always easy to feel bloated and puffy after a hefty meal. This is due to accumulation of gas and acid refluxes. Regular exercise and yoga can help you overcome this discomfort. Yoga, being the best remedy for many health ailments for over 5000 years has various poses like forward folding, Seated twisting and backward folding that is proven to diminish stomach pains. Also going for a regular jog or a walk will help to ease out the bowel movements, thus making it painless for you.
Consume Ginger for happy stomach and good digestion
Ginger is known to treat stomach pains effectively. Ginger contains some naturally occurring compounds like gingerols and shogaols that help you in relaxing the muscles in the intestinal track. The pungent odor of ginger is known to relieve nausea, which may lead to stomach ache. Ginger can be consumed by either chewing on them or making a hot ginger tea out of it. Nowadays edible ginger candies are also available in the market.
Apple cider vinegar for stomach pain relief
Do you feel accumulation of gas or acid reflux after every meal? Then apple cider vinegar will give you the best remedy. Apple cider vinegar is a fermented product obtained from crushed and aged apples. They are naturally rich in Phosphorous, calcium, magnesium and potassium. It helps in breaking down the food in your stomach, thus easing the digestion. Thus symptoms of reflux or heartburns can be treated by the intake of apple cider vinegar in a diluted form. Mix a teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of warm water and drink it for instant relief.
Use essential oils to pacify your stomach and reduce cramps
Some essential oils can be either taken orally or applied on the outside that helps to reduce stomach cramps. Some of the oils are:
- Gingerly oil: It can be applied over a full and bloated stomach for fast relief. For proper relief, take a few drops of gingerly oil and heat until it is warm. Rub this oil on your abdomen and massage slowly. This will relieve pain in the intestine and lower abdomen.
- Chamomile oil: it is known to reduce bowel inflammations and calms spasms in the gut. It is very effective in eliminating the intestinal gases and getting rid of sour stomach. It can be directly inhaled, diffused or can be taken orally in the form of capsules.
- Cumin oil: It is rich in detoxifying agents that makes it a perfect remedy for digestive problems. Diarrhea, constipation, abdominal cramps and nausea can be cured by using this cumin oil. Can be applied externally or taken orally in a dilute form.
Maintain good diet which keeps pain miles away
Even the food you eat has a great impact on your stomach ache. Eating deep fried, spicy and oily fat foods may worsen your stomach ache. Bananas prove to be a good source of potassium and are easily digestible. Fruits like papayas, apples, dairy products and coconut water provide high source of energy and helps regulate irregular digestion.
Take fresh juices for stomach pain
When you are troubled by stomach pains, then the best intakes can be in the form of juices. Apple, carrot and oranges contain vitamin K, C and E that can be easily absorbed by the body when taken in liquid form. Blend an apple, a carrot and some orange pulps together and drink it sugarless. This aids you at times of digestive troubles.
The magic of Tea recipes to soothe your stomach
Green tea is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols that are responsible for boosting memory and preventing diabetes. It also increases metabolism, reduces blood pressure and relaxes the ligaments around your abdomen. Peppermint tea and fennel tea are also effective against bloating, heartburn and helps dissolve the gallstones. Tea can be made by dissolving a tea spoon of fennel, mint or green tea leaves into a cup of boiling water. It can be sweetened by adding sugar to it before intake.
Three Homeopathy remedies to clear up the toxins causing pain
Homeopathy provides a slow but a complete cure against stomach aches. Some homeopathic remedies include:
- Arsenicum Album: By intake of warm milk vomiting, stomach stress due to anxiety and lower abdominal cramps can be cured.
- Bryonia Alba: By lying still on the painful side, sharp and stitching pains that occur during slight movements can be diminished.
- Lycopodium: Stomach bloating and rumbling sounds from the stomach can be treated by lying on ones stomach and drinking warm water once in a while.