Cervical Spondylosis that is also known as Cervical Osteoarthritis is one kind of degenerative condition of the cervical spine, in which neck or spine suffer from unbearable pain and stiffness.
Some beneficial foods help us tremendously to fight back the symptoms of this illness effectively, apart from other medications.
Home remedies are one more mentionable category here which could aid you stupendously either in this endeavor of combating cervical Spondylosis. So, let’s check out some useful ideas about how to control and reduce the signs of cervical Spondylosis naturally. Take a look-
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle spasms
- Headache on back of neck
- Pricking sensation
- Neck stiffness
- Increasing pain while coughing or sneezing
- Neck injuries
- Heavy lifting
- Work related Stress
- Aging *
- Genetic Disorder
- Obesity / Over Weight
Best Foods for Cervical Spondylosis:
We all aware about the motto of ‘eat healthy to stay healthy’ and this catchphrase is not exceptional in this matter as well! Thus, doctors say that include as many essential nutrients to your daily regimen as you can to keep your spine free of any sort of Spondylosis attack. Let’s find out what kinds of foods are helpful in cervical Spondylosis-
- Vitamin D rich foods like fatty fish, milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, or other low-fat dairy products, soy milk, egg yolk, etc. are good things for bones as the produce enough amount of calcium to your body and strengthen the bones and joints efficiently.
- Pulses are one more beneficial item to resolve the problem of cervical Spondylosis skillfully. Beans, lentils, peas, legumes, etc. or any kind of edible seeds are considered as pulse, which is loaded with various vitamins and minerals and able to work out on your spine or neck pain in an optimistic way.
- Magnesium rich foods such as nuts, seeds, beans, whole grain, dried fruits, dark chocolate, are some good products in Spondylosis, which help to produce energy in out body, promote the bone health and transport calcium to our body to strengthen the bones naturally.
- Foods rich in oxalic acids are good for Spondylosis bone condition as they could diminish the spinal irritation and fortify the root of spinal cord proficiently. Wheat bran, spinach, beets, rhubarb, chard, cocoa, utmost berries, beans etc. are some recommendable sources of this particular acid content.
- Mineral rich foods like foods rich in zinc, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, etc. content are one must-include category in Spondylosis, as they make your bones and joint healthy naturally.
- Foods loaded with fiber content such as asparagus, lentils, lima beans, artichokes, peas, banana, broccoli, Brussels sprout, etc. are good choices to add to your regular diet, as experts claim that low-fat fiber rich foods provide us the strength to fight back the pain of neck and reduce the stiffness gradually.
- Nutrient dense foods are one essential category in this attempt which prevents the development of neck and shoulder pain along with dematerializing bones. Leafy greens, seasonal fruits, seaweed, root spices, oily fishes, etc. are some foods with multivitamins and adequate nutrients, which are effective in such matters.
- Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acid like almond, walnut, salmon, sardines, tuna, cod liver oil, etc. are skilled in fighting the joint irritation and inflammation effectively. But, remember not to consume them in a high amount as that could increase the other unhealthy symptoms in your body!
- Vitamin E rich foods such as sweet potato, almond, sunflower seeds, palm oil, avocado, squash, etc. are other beneficial components in cervical Spondylosis. These types of foods maintain a balanced health of your bones as well as joints proficiently.
- Foods rich in vitamin A and C are other helpful items here which could keep you energize and constantly produce strength to fight the bone weakness in an expert way! Colorful fruits, vegetables, beef liver, butter, eggs, citrus fruits, leafy greens, etc. are some recommendable items from this list.
Home Remedies for Cervical Spondylosis:
Apart from foods, home remedies are highly effective on cervical Spondylosis and help you to get rid of this disease permanently if you chose right method to apply! Here we are referring some paramount methods to get remedied from neck pain effortlessly, let’s check them out-
Yoga is the most effective way to trim down the pain and stiffness of Spondylosis. These days, people are suffering from overwork and excessive schedules, in which they lost their adequate time of rest.
In such matters, long hours of overwork drive this cervical Spondylosis type of spine and neck disorder. You can’t be irregular every single day for the sake of this restlessness, neither could take too much of painkillers to get back to the normal position!
Yoga is the best respite in such cases, which not only give you relief from that stiffness but, also prevent that symptom from coming back again! Let’s see top 3 yoga poses for cervical Spondylosis-
- Bhujangasana in which you need to lie down on your abdominal and lift up your torso towards the ceiling, with the help of your hands. This is a very effective pose to diminish the stiffness from our spine, neck, and shoulder that is also known as Cobra Pose.
- Makarasana is another effectual yoga process for stiff neck and spine, in which you need to lie down similarly as Bhujangasana first. Now, set your elbows on the ground and lift up your head with the help of your palms which must keep still with perfectly placed elbows. This pose is efficient to reduce the pain from your neck and spine that is also known as crocodile pose.
- Surya Namaskar is an asana or poses that could give you relief from several bones and joints disorders permanently. This is basically a complete procedure with a bunch of specific poses which work very systematically to increase the flexibility and strength of your spine. To know more details of Surya Namaskar, check out this link below-
Related Video: Yoga for Neck and Shoulder pain
Neck exercise is an expert way to get rid of neck stiffness flawlessly. These exercises have an instant effect on neck and shoulder pain and give you total cure of such stiffness if you practice them on a regular basis! Let’s check out some easy yet effective exercises in this matter-
- At first, sit straight on your hips close your eyes, and make your mind as much stress-free as you can.
- Now, take your head left side and rotate it in a circle way towards the right and take to the first position again.
- Repeat this process 10 times at a time, switch the side and do it again with same amounts.
- You can also try one more easy neck exercise to reduce the neck stiffness and to do so, sit as we mentioned above.
- Now, place our right palm on your right ear and give some force to push it to
- At the same time, push your head in the opposite direction, like you are preventing the first procedure.
- After holding this position for 3-4 second, switch the side and repeat it again.
Related Video: Best Neck exercises / stretches for cervical spondylosis
Pressing acupressure points is another simple yet effective method to get cured of cervical Spondylosis naturally. In this procedure, you just need to press down some particular points of your body which are related to the nerves of your spine and neck, and you will get an unbelievable effect on your cervical Spondylosis symptoms instantly! Let’s find out top 3 acupressure points in for treating your Spondylosis effortlessly-
- B 10, which is located on the back of your neck, on finger width out from the centre of your spine, on both sides of your head.
- GB 16 that is found at the end of your skull on the back side of your head, exactly at the centre of your spine on the upper
- GB 20 that is located in the vacant places below the base of your skull, on the both sides of your head-back, about 3-4 inches from each other.
Vitamins are one necessary category to defend the symptoms of cervical Spondylosis effectively. It has been seen that sometimes lack of vitamins could lead such spinal or neck disorder to our body and low immunity also could be a reason behind such diseases.
Thus, health experts always insist on taking an adequate amount of nutrients regularly and keeping the risk of Spondylosis away from your spine. Vitamin D, C, E, A, B12, B3, etc. are some essential nutrients to strengthen your bones, joints, and spine. Try to consume at least 75-100 mg of Essential nutrients like vitamin A, D, C and 10-15 mg of subordinate vitamins like vitamin E, B12, B3, etc. regularly for healthy bones.
Epsom salt is a wonderful method to use against the cervical Spondylosis, as this element normalizes the pH level in our body and aid to reduce the stiffness as well as joint inflammation and pain of the neck, shoulder, spine, etc. Let’s see how to use this home remedy properly-
- Fill up your bathtub with bearable warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt into that water.
- Now, let the salt dissolve properly into the water and then, soak your body in that solution for at least half an hour uninterruptedly.
- Take this type of bath on a regular basis and you will get rid of the neck and back stiffness shortly.
Lifestyle Changes and Tips:
Besides these home remedies, you must change your hectic lifestyle as well, to get remedied from that intolerable pain and stiffness of Cervical Spondylosis. An organized way of life could get you everlasting relief from such attacks of Spondylosis and keep your spine healthy as a horse. Find out what kind of tips could help you expertly in this attempt-
- Exercise your neck muscles regularly
- Follow a healthy diet
- Take adequate rest
- Get enough sleep in a day
- Get rid of unhealthy habits like drinking or smoking
- Take frequent break between your long shift works
- Use back-supportive chair or stool to sit while working
- Take rest on firm or stiff type of pillow when resting, to boost your tired neck optimistically.
Massaging oil on your stiff or painful neck could give you some relief and flexibility in an Ayurvedic way. This ancient method has been moved in for centuries to treat the signs of Spondylosis. Sesame oil is the best ingredient for this activity, let check out how to apply it for Cervical Spondylosis-
- Add 1 tsp of sesame oil into one cup of cold water and boil it for a few minutes.
- Now, let the solution calm down a little, so then, you could bear it on your skin.
- After that, apply it to your neck or back and massage it for at least 20-25 minutes and let it work there for the rest of that day!
- You can also apply sesame oil directly on your stiff neck or apply it with a little amount of lavender oil as well.
Posture and Sleeping position:
Sleeping posture or sleeping order could influence the symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis hugely. Thus doctors always prefer to change your sleeping posture immediately, if you are suffering from any sign of Spondylosis, as the awkward sleeping position could worsen the symptoms while a good posture could get you relief remarkably!
According to the health experts, sleeping on your back without a pillow is the perfect align for a healthy spine order. On the other hand, sleeping on your stomach or using extra soft too many pillows could drive excessive neck and back problem to your body!
Best Pillow for Spondylosis:
Pillows play an imperative role in Cervical Spondylosis, as some extra soft or spongy pillows could drive or worsen the neck pain dangerously by treating your spinal tissues in a wrong way! Try to use a pillow which is stiff or firm and could give support to your neck with a wavy edge. U-shaped coir-made pillow is a magnificent choice for the patient of Cervical Spondylosis.
Is Swimming Good for Cervical Spondylosis?
Swimming is an effective cardio exercise which could benefit to build and promote muscles in a healthy way. Thus, obviously, it is a good method to improve your neck, back, and spinal health efficiently. It has been observed that a regular swimming practice could aid you to overcome the pain and stiffness of neck along with resolving the symptoms of bone spurs expertly!
Is Traction Good for Cervical Spondylosis?
Traction is another good attempt to get cured of the symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis naturally. This procedure diminishes the compression of spinal discs, relieve the muscles spasms, and soothe the pain or inflammation from its roots. This process is effective on the cervical joint as well that could make your vertebrae nerves free from any kind of stiffness or inflexibility, while applied on a daily basis!
Pin it for later