Leaky gut is one type of intestinal disorder, in which the lining of the small intestine get congested with undigested food parts, pilled toxins, some harmful bacteria, etc. and flood the bloodstream with this debris by getting leaked.
This simple stomach issue could give you serious health issues and drive several other health disorders along with indigestion if you keep it untreated for long. So, let’s note down some imperative notes about this griming intestinal problem along with simple home remedy methods about leaky gut and give your digestion a boost to break all its obstacles naturally. Take a look below-
Signs of Leaky Gut:
According to the medical journals, a person must recognize and identify the true signs of leaky gut, so then, he or she could start the medications at its primary stage. There are many digestion problems could occur in a human intestine, and thus it is quite difficult to classify the exact symptoms of leaky gut if you haven’t witnessed them before. So, here we go with some suggestions in this regard, let’s check them out and be certain whether you actually have a leaky gut problem or it just simple indigestion, before going for a proper medication-
- Gas and bloating
- Regular indigestion
- Chronic diarrhea
- Extreme fatigue
- Poor immune system
- Nutritional deficiency
- Fluid in joints
- Eczema and itchy skin
- Celiac disease
- Depress, stress and anxiety
- Skin problems like a pimple, rashes, blemishes
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive hunger
- Craving for sugar and carbs
- A headache and memory issues
- Abdominal cramps
- Food sensitivity
- And stomach pain
Reasons for Leaky Gut:
There are many reasons which lead this leaky gut problem in your intestine and hamper your digestion process badly. According to the medical terms, despite this fact that various reasons work behind this damaged intestinal lining, there are a few common causes always found in the leaky gut. So, if, you eliminate them in time, you can reduce the possibilities of having this intestinal issue smartly. Here we are referring the most common causes of this leaky gut problem; let’s check them out closely-
- Nutrient deficiency or insufficiency in required vitamins and minerals, especially, which enhance the digestion process like fiber, zinc, vitamin B, A, C, iron, potassium, etc.
- Having unnecessary stress or suffering from depression
- Excessive consumption of lectins, like edible seeds, grain foods, legumes, nuts, etc.
- Following bad diet like having fatty foods, heavy consumption of saturated fats, eating processed foods, etc.
- Having harmful drugs for long like a steroid, aspirins, acetaminophen, antibiotics, etc.
- Burn injuries or heavy damaging injuries which lead organ dysfunction to a human body
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or alcoholic products
- Having bacterial imbalances in your internal system, like having harmful bacteria more than good bacteria
- Getting any type of infection in your intestine
- Any kind of inflammation or burning sensation in your stomach
- Having chemotherapy
- Incorporated by any other lethal diseases
- Due to the natural aging system
- And sometimes for birth deficiency
Best Foods for Leaky Gut:
As we mentioned above that diet chart causes leaky gut in a human intestine, if you can’t include beneficial items in your regular food chart. To do this, you must be knowledgeable what types of foods are advantageous and could heal the leaky gut naturally, right? So, here we go with some apparent suggestions and a helpful foods list of a perfect diet for the people who are suffering from leaky gut, let’s take a look-
- Steamed vegetables, especially the leafy ones
- Foods rich in anti-inflammatory properties like coconut, olive oil, collared vegetables, etc.
- High mineral fruits like strawberries, blueberries, cherries, oranges, grapes, etc.
- Fatty fish with a high omega-3 fatty acid like salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines, etc.
- Noon-dairy fermented foods like unsweetened coconut milk, kimchi, yogurt, sauerkraut, etc.
- Organic meat or meat from the grass-fed animal products
- Vitamin D rich products soy milk, cereals, beef liver, etc.
- Fermented vegetables like kefir, kombucha, miso, tempeh, kimchi, natto, etc.
- Pungent root spices like ginger, peppermint, etc.
- Apple cider vinegar, bone broth, pumpkin seeds, walnut, etc. are some other beneficial foods in this regards.
Foods to Avoid in This Problem:
Like including advantageous foods, you must eliminate a few harmful foods from your eating list to boost up your leaky gut healing process naturally. According to the medical diagnosis, intestinal permeability or leaky gut could occur in your system due to the extra consumption of such harmful food; and not only that, these foods also speed up the signs of leaky gut dangerously, if, you don’t eliminate them immediately from your diet list! Those toxic or harmful foods are as follows-
- Foods with gluten, like wheat, barley, bulgur, graham flour, farina, rye, couscous, etc.
- Soy food like soy milk, soybean, soy nuts, miso, soy sauce, tempeh, etc.
- Full-fat dairy products like fatty milk, butter, tofu, cheese, ghee, etc.
- Sugar and any food that contains artificial sugar
- Alcohol and soda
- Caffeine products
- Package foods
- Processed food
- Flavoring products
- Treated meats
- Grain products along with gluten-free grain items
- Refined vegetable oils like sunflower, safflower, canola, etc.
- And high proteins, like an egg, red meat, legumes, etc. are hugely harmful to leaky gut.
Best Home Remedies for Leaky Gut:
Healing leaky gut could be effortless, if, you know the right remedy for it. Sometimes, leaky gut needs natural or home-based remedies than pharmaceutical treatments or medical aid, as natural remedies always work in a painless and inexpensive way.
Leaky gut not only initiates holes in the lining of the digestive tract but also leads various intestinal issues like bowel disease, indigestion, stomach issues, Crohn disease, gastrointestinal problem, etc. and thus, we need such remedies which work effectively on it entire symptoms as well as healing the main damages. So, here we are referring the topmost curing methods in this regard, let’s take a look at them-
Yoga is an immensely effective process to treat the leaky gut problem externally. Also, this ancient method enhances our whole digestion procedure efficiently, and thus keeps the intestine protected from any kind of damages in the near future. Always try to consult an expert before finalizing a yoga pose for treating leaky gut, as any kind of wrong or mishaps could increase your intestinal issues badly. Some yoga poses work more proficiently in this attempt of healing intestinal permeability and they are as follows-
- Spinal twist, in which you need to keep your torso straight but twist your lower portion in a twisted way after lying down on your back
- Bridge pose is one more beneficial pose, in which you need to lie down similarly and then pull up your entire body on the strength of your feet, hands, and neck
- Downward facing dog in which you need to hold a posture like a bent bridge by aligning wrist put your whole weight on your hands and knees
- Cow pose in which you need to hold a posture of crawling and make some deep movement on over your back during this posture, by looking upward and downward repeatedly
- And the famous sun salutation in which you need to practice 12 totally linked posture back to back until you get back to the first step at the end again!
Probiotics are one type of good bacteria that balance the bacterial effect in our intestine and provide a shield from getting any type of intestinal damages. This simple product not only good for repairing lining n your smaller intestine but also advantageous for the entire digestive issues like a bowel movement, constipation, stomach irritation, etc.
Try to take probiotic medicines from reliable industries and you can even try natural Probiotics instead to avoid any kind of health disorder in further times. Yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, tempeh, kimchi, pickles, kombucha, etc. are some natural sources of Probiotics.
Detoxification of intestine is essential in the curing process of leaky gut, and detox water is the most efficient one in this deed. Detox water not only eliminate unwanted toxins from your system but also immune your digestive tract, boost your metabolism, and soothe the stomach inflammation effectively.
Some products work more efficiently in the preparation detox water which you are using to cure leaky gut and cucumber, watermelon, raspberry, mint, lime, lemon, dandelion, ginger, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera gel, grapefruit, etc. are mentionable ones among them. Let’s find out top 4 processes to make different detox water for healing leaky gut more efficiently-
- 2 cups of cubed watermelon, 1 side of lime and a handful of mint leaves
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries, 2 cups of cubed watermelon, and 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- A half cup of fresh lime juice, 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup, and a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, juice of ½ lemon, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and 3-4 apple slices
In all cases, soak these ingredients in a large pot with a 4-5 glass of drinking water and let the detox mix prepare uninterruptedly for at least 7-8 hours in your fridge.
Fasting or Liquid Diet:
Fasting or liquid diet could help positively in this attempt of haling leaky gut naturally. In this type of diet, you need to fast or stop consuming foods for 2-3 days and must feed on some healthy liquid foods. In leaky gut condition, bone broth is the best liquid food you should consume in such matter. Let’s find out how to prepare a tasty yet effective bone broth at your own kitchen-
- Take 2 pounds of beef bones and make sure you are using the only grass-fed animal product in this preparation.
- Cook 1 bowl of vegetable stock with healthy veggies like carrot, garlic, onion, etc.
- Now, heat the bones in a pot and then add some freshly chopped soup vegetables along with equal amount of vegetable stock and water in a large saucepan.
- Finally, add 3-4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder, and then let them boil for several hours.
- After this, let the solution cool down properly and store in a hygienic place to drink this solution throughout the whole day of the liquid
Turmeric is a brilliant root spice that is overloaded with ample of medicinal compounds and thus, turmeric resolves numbers of digestive issues expertly, including leaky gut. The therapeutic properties of turmeric work on pathogenic bacteria and heal the leaky gut issue skillfully. It also aids soothing the stomach inflammation, strengthening intestinal lining and promoting the whole digestion process optimistically. Let’s see how to use it in this attempt-
- Boil 1-2 cups of drinking water on medium heat for 4-5 minutes and add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder into it.
- Now, turn the heat off and let it steep in the water for 5 minutes uninterruptedly.
- After the certain duration, strain the solution in a cup and drink after mixing 1 teaspoon of honey into it.
- Try to prepare and drink this solution twice a day for a week and you will see a noticeable change in your digestive process as well as leaky gut problem soon.
Coconut is one magical component that is rich in various medicinal properties and works efficiently to heal the leaky gut issue expertly. The richness of antibacterial, microbial, antifungal, anti-parasitical, anti-inflammatory, etc. properties makes this oil a superbly effective method on intestine tract from both internal and external sides. Coconut oil always leaves an applauding effect on intestinal problems whether it is bowel syndrome, indigestion, damaged lining, stomach irritation or abdomen pain.
Simply use coconut oil instead of your regular cooking oil for a better outcome on leaky gut. You can also use this healthy oil in your salad dressing to get more beneficial effects. For external uses, try to message 1 teaspoon of warm coconut oil with a pinch of water on your abdomen in a circular motion for a few minutes and then, let it work there for the rest of day. Try this method daily for 6-7 weeks and you will get a noticeable improvement in your leaky gut condition for sure.
Fermented Vegetable Oil:
Fermented vegetable oil provides an outstanding effect on the curing process of leaky gut, as this component aids balancing the pH level in our system and enhancing small intestine innately. Try to use such oil to prepare your regular food and you will get a beneficial effect on your leaky gut syndrome instantly.
Useful Tips in Leaky Gut:
Despite following a healthy diet chart and exercises those stomach beneficial yogas, you have to follow some simple active tips in your regular life, not only to stay away from intestine problems but also for healing the intestinal disorders more quickly, if you already have some. Those must-tractable tips are as follows-
- Stay away from all of those cuisines which are bad or harmful for leaky gut
- Eliminate grains and legumes for a whole month
- Take spectrum digestive enzyme supplements with a meal for a couple of weeks
- Take proper rest throughout the whole day and follow a seeping routine for at least 8-9 hours in every 24-hour
- Say goodbye to alcohol for 30-40 days, no matter how hard it is for you
- Take Probiotics regularly
- Get rid of stress with some homely methods like aromatherapy, meditation, relaxation etc.
- Switch to herbal teas instead of caffeine products
- Go for organic products
- Chew foods properly before swallowing them
- Say yes to gut-friendly foods
- Include beneficial herbs in your daily life
- Eat smaller and frequent meals instead of large or heavy meals
- And try to take nutrient supplements like multivitamins, mineral supplements regularly after food.