De-worming is a process in which effective medicines use to clean helminths parasites from the intestine of humans or animals through painless medication process(1).
There are many types of tiny parasites could be found in the intestine route like flukes, roundworm, tapeworms, flatworms, pinworms, etc. though they contain different shapes and texture yet the internal disorders occur in a similar way for every single worm-infection.
It is actually unfortunate for any of us to get infected by such harmful intestinal worms and we have to try our best to cure those infectious internal parasites as soon as possible. So, here we go with some effects as well as inexpensive home remedies in this regard, let’s check them out, and before that take a quick look at the common symptoms of having worms, so then, you can be more certain whether you suppose to apply these remedies on you or not! Take a look-
Signs of Worms:
There are many reasons behind intestinal issues, like indigestion, bowel disorder, liver issues, stomach issues, gastric problems, etc. thus it is difficult to decide for a novice person whether he or she has the intestinal worm infection or not(2). Consequently, we are referring you a few common signs of having worms in your or your favorite pet’s intestine more apparently, let’s check them out and start your de-worming process more quickly at its primary stage-
- Abdominal cram
- Undefined gas or bloating symptoms
- Diarrhea or frequent stool passing
- Vomiting and constant vomit tendency
- Nausea with
- A headache
- Lack of appetite
- Unwanted fatigue
- Suddenly excessive weight-loss
- Intestinal tenderness
- Unexpected dysentery
- Itchiness around rectum or vulva
- Stomach pain
- Low fever
- Stress or irritability
- Excessive hunger
- And passing worms through stool
Remember that these signs appear in a mild form at the primary stage and start getting prominent after certain days or weeks.
Reasons for Having Worms:
One person or an animal doesn’t achieve this intestinal disorder suddenly without any valid reason(3), there are some particular causes we always found behind the infected intestine and you can actually keep yourself worm-free if you eliminate those causes properly. They are as follows-
- Consuming unhygienic foods
- Drinking contaminated water
- Eating contaminated foods
- Direct skin contact with soil
- Having a weak immune system
- Living in unhygienic or unsanitary lifestyle
- Having a sluggish digestive system
- Keeping fingernails unclean
- Eating foods with unwashed hands
- Consuming undercooked meats or having flesh foods
- Having nutrient deficiency
- And if you have any deadly disease like AIDS
Food to Take and Avoid in Worms:
Foods play a key role in the in the curing process or de-worming process of the intestine and thus, you have to recheck your diet chart entirely, once you realize that you have worm infestation in your intestine. Here we are suggesting you a few beneficial foods in the intestinal worms problem to include in your regular diet along with a few must-avoidable items, which worsen the signs of worms or increase the infestation more badly, let’s check them out-
Best Foods to Add:
- Root spices like garlic, ginger, green onion, etc.
- Fruits with anti-parasite enzymes like papaya, pineapple, lime, lemon, etc.
- Fruits with high mineral content like berries, pomegranate, etc.
- Green leafy vegetables
- Black walnut hulls
- Apple cider vinegar
- Products with medicinal properties like pumpkin seeds, coconut oil, etc.
- Fish and organic meats
- Herbs and herbal items
- Pungent spices like pepper, clove, chili, etc.
- And fiber-rich foods like beetroot, edible seeds, etc.
Foods to Avoid:
- Raw sugar
- Foods with artificial sugar
- Carbonated products
- Junk foods
- And products of refined carbohydrates like white bread, cake, pasta, flour-products, etc.
Home Remedies for Worms:
Simple home remedies always have shown their magical curability in such delicate health issues, and the best part they work effectively on your worm signs in a complete low-cost way. Here we are referring the top methods among them which are made of simple household products but have an impactful action on the intestinal worms to remedied entirely, let’s take a close look at them below-
Neem or Indian Lilac:
Neem or Indian lilac is a highly beneficial plant-leaf, which mostly located in Indian regions and has a powerful effect on intestinal worm from the very beginning. Green leaves of this plant contain a large amount of anti-parasite compounds which are intensely effective on worms and provide a natural shield to your stomach from the further infestation(4). Raw neem extract also helps our body to detoxify naturally and get back the uninterrupted normal form of the healthy stomach more quickly. Let’s find out how to use it in worms-
- Dry handfuls of neem leave and crush them properly to prepare a powder; now, consume this dries neem powder with a glass of milk.
- Try to follow this consumption two times a day for more than a week and you will get a satisfactory result soon.
- You can also take green neem paste with a glass of warm water every day on an empty stomach to get the similar consequence.
- People, who can’t consume neem directly, could take neem-capsules through oral taking-process for the same result.
Carrot is a great vegetable to treat or cure the intestinal worm optimistically. This colorful root veggie is rich in beta-carotene that helps to enhance our digestive tract when ample of vitamin A promotes the immune power and destroy the inside parasites swiftly. Regular consumption of carrot cleanses all the unwanted junks and worms from our system and strengthens the immune power innately. Let’s find out how to consume this advantageous product for a de-worming human system more effectively-
- At first, remove the rinds from 3-4 carrots with the help of filler and cut them into small chunks with a sharp knife.
- Then, add those pieces in your mixer grinder along with a small piece of ginger and grind them well.
- After this, strain the raw juice of that carrot-paste into a glass and add 1 teaspoon of organic honey into it.
- Now, all you need is that drink this juice in empty stomach for a couple of weeks and you will get a worm-free intestinal order soon.
- If, you think that this is a hectic procedure then simply eat a raw or uncooked carrot daily in the morning every day for the similar outcome.
Castor oil contains lots of medicinal properties and thus uses to treat several health disorders naturally. Its antiseptic and antifungal compounds help to kill the intestinal worms effectively and cleanse the whole system perfectly. This helpful oil also enhances our digestive tract brilliantly and reduces the possibilities of having worm-infestation efficiently. Let’s see how to use it properly in this regard-
- Take 15-30 ml castor oil and stir it in 125-175 ml milk smoothly with a spoon.
- Lukewarm milk for this purpose and after mixing it well, drink this solution directly in a single sip.
- Take this medication solution in the morning on an empty stomach for a couple of weeks and you will de-worm your system noticeably.
Garlic is a great root spice that is loaded with a number of medicinal properties and work efficiently to de-worm our intestine naturally. Allicin and ajoene are two highly effective components found in garlic cloves, which destroy any type of parasite infestation from our system proficiently. Though every type of worm is curable with the goodness of garlic, yet this root spice is intensely effective on pinworms and hookworm than the other equivalents. Let’s check out the proper usage of this product in de-worming
- Mix 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in one glass of lukewarm milk and drink this solution on an empty stomach for a few days
- You can also eat 3-4 uncooked garlic cloves daily in the morning to get a powerful effect on intestinal worms.
- Garlic pills are equally effective and probably the best pick for people, who have smell-issue with this root spice.
- To use garlic externally for de-worming yourself, simply place a few crushed garlic cloves inside your shoes and try to wear those shoes throughout the whole day, you will get a quick remedy soon.
Turmeric is one more magnificent remedy for de-worming our intestine in a completely natural manner. The richness of antiseptic and antimicrobial properties found in turmeric works tremendously to cleanse the worm effects from our system, in addition, soothe the abdominal pain, nausea tendency, stomach cramp, etc. effectively. Hence, turmeric not only cures worms of our stomach but also, helps to soothe the painful signs of disorder efficiently. Let’s find out the proper ways of consuming turmeric in the de-worming process-
- Squeeze 1 teaspoon juice or raw extract of young turmeric in a spoon and drink it with a pinch of table salt on an empty stomach daily.
- You can also try a pinch of turmeric powder with 1 cup of warm water daily to get the same result on your worms.
- To feed kids, mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric juice in one glass of buttermilk let your kids drink it regularly for 7-8 days in the morning.
Papaya seeds are one excellent component to use in this attempt which is loaded with various health beneficial properties among them, anthelmintic and antiamoebic compounds work most efficiently in this de-worming process. It is clinically proven that the extract of papaya seeds provides an optimistic effect on parasites and kills the intestinal worms in the most rapid way. They also cater instant relief on the bad symptoms of worming like vomiting, nausea, gas, bloating, etc. Let’s see how to use them in this regard-
- Chew 1 tsp of papaya seeds with a sprinkle of honey every day in the morning on an empty stomach.
- If, you can stand against the weird taste of papaya seeds, then add them to a fruit smoothie and consume them regularly in the morning.
Pumpkin seeds are rich in anti-parasite properties that paralyze the intestinal parasites effectively and flush them out from y our system smoothly. A compound named cucurbitacin works most effectively in this regard and eliminate all the worms from our intestine effectively. Let’s see the right procedure of consuming this product appropriately-
- Place 2 tbsp of peeled & crushed pumpkin seeds in a saucepan and add 3 cups of water into it.
- Now, let it boil for half an hour uninterruptedly on a medium heat turn the heat off after the certain duration.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to let the solution cool down a little and then drink it after straining well.
- To consume raw pumpkin seeds, roast and crush a few pumpkin seeds and sprinkle a half teaspoon of organic honey on them.
- Now, take this item directly before breakfast and keep repeating every day for a whole week.
Coconut and coconut oil both are beneficial for treating intestinal parasite and de-worming process. It is up to you that you prefer which part of this tropical fruit to eliminate your intestinal parasites entirely. The antibacterial properties of coconut extract kill the worms effectively while the antimicrobial compounds prevent them from coming back again. On the other hand, lauric acid, capric acid, etc. antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties of coconut oil kill the worms instantly and cleanse your whole system naturally. Let’s find out how to use it perfectly-
- Mix 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a cup of herbal tea and drink it on an empty stomach daily.
- You can also use coconut oil instead of regular cooking oil to get the goodness of this fruit in your intestine more effectively.
- To get rid of internal parasites, you can also consume 1 tbsp of grated coconut daily in the morning for a couple of weeks to de-worm your system in a natural way.
Pin it for later