Sunburn is very unfortunate for every skin type, in which the top surface of our skin gets discoloration and carries a deep dark shade for a certain while. Sunburn or tan usually happens when we get direct contact with the harmful UV ray of the sun for long. The worst part of sunburn is that it doesn’t go away easily once incorporated your skin and take several days to restore the previous complexion of your skin.
Although there are lots of cosmetics are available in the market now to remove such sunburn tone proficiently, but unfortunately, they come with a high price tag and aren’t affordable for anyone of us. Also, these products use some chemical component to be made, which sometimes hamper our skin more than enhancing or restoring the previous tone! In such matter, homemade remedies come like a godsend solution for us, which are utterly inexpensive, highly effective to the sunburns, and easy to prepare as well.
So, why are you wasting your money buying such unnecessary thing, when you can get the same or sometimes more effective outcome from your simple household product? Here we are suggesting you a few brilliantly effective product which has magical effects on suntan and reinstates your previous glow more quickly than any other readymade products, let’s check them out-
Calming Home Remedies for Sunburn:
Before you are jumping to any conclusion about homemade packs are better for sunburn or the market-based cosmetics are good, let us inform you that each and every cosmetic item for removing sunburn uses the beneficial extract of these components which we use in our homemade packs.
So, isn’t it more appreciating to use a raw and pure extract of such beneficial product in removing sunburn, than buying the same product from the market in exchange for a large amount! Well, we think, it is; and thus we are referring you the top 10 best home remedies for sunburn, which will bring back your previous skin tone swiftly without charging a penny from you, let’s take a look at them-
Apply Coconut Oil:
The high saturated fats found in coconut oil make this simple ingredient heavily beneficial for any type of skin problem and the restoration of skin tone. Its fatty content moisturized our burnt-skin cells effectively, while the anti-inflammatory compounds soothe the irritation of sunburn proficiently. Lauric acid, found in coconut oil not only helps to remove suntan but also aids to prevent any type of skin infection due to its antibacterial quality. The richness of vitamin A and D in coconut oil also nourishes our skin cells naturally during the process of restoration. Let’s find out how to use this useful component on sunburn appropriately-
How to use
- Take 4 ounces of fractionating coconut oil along with 15-20 drops of chamomile or lavender essential oil in a small bowl and stir them in finely with your fingertips.
- Now, apply this solution on your sunburn area and massage gently in a circular motion for a couple of minutes.
- Then, let it work there for 5-6 minutes over your skin cells and after that certain duration, wipe it off with a clean washcloth.
- To use direct coconut oil on sunburn spot, try to dampen and cool down your skin a little and then apply it following the same process to get rid of the dark patches of suntan naturally.
Use Aloe Vera:
Aloe plant is literally overloaded with lots of medicinal properties, like skin beneficial vitamins, minerals, amino acid, salicylic acid, lignin, etc. which all are effective in the reduction of suntan efficiently.
The gel of this aloe plant contains highly advantageous protective effects against the UV rays and has the capability of heal sunburn most effective than the other remedies. The glycoprotein compounds found in aloe vera gel clam the inflammation of sunburn, while the polysaccharides properties regenerate the damaged cell by repairing them rapidly. in addition, the good properties of aloe vera gel hydrate our dry cells and provide an effective shield to our skin from the further skin damage or tans naturally. Let’s watch out the applying method of this effective remedy on sunburn expertly-
- Take 3-4 tbsp of aloe vera gel along with 15-20 drops of lavender essential oil and 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a blender to blend them out.
- After making a smooth paste take it out in a bowl and whisk finely with a fork.
- Now, apply this mixture on your sunburn spots and let it work there for several hours before rinsing off.
- Keep applying this method 2-3 times a day to get fast restoration effect on a suntan.
- To use ale vera juice against sunburn, simply mix ½ cup raw aloe vera juice with 1/8 cup melted coconut oil and a mixture of some effective essential oil like lavender oil, peppermint oil, etc.
- All need to do is that take all the ingredients in an empty spray bottle, shake it well for combining the inside material and spray on your sunburn area directly several times a day.
- Apply this method for 3-4 days persistently and you will get a noticeable change in your suntan spots for sure.
Spray Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is a perfect ingredient to use against sunburn as its super effective properties help to restore the previous skin completion, while the high acidic content actually aids to soother the inflammation of sunburn rather than increasing it. the best part of using ACV against suntan is that it takes less-laborious methods to prepare the main pack and provide an instant effect than other equivalents. Let’s see how to use it properly on sunburn area-
- Mix 1 cups of diluted apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water in an empty spray bottle and mix them well.
- For mixing, simply set the lid of your spray bottle properly and then, shake well for several times with firm hands.
- Now, spray it directly on your suntan area and let it work there for half an hour or until they dry on your skin surface properly.
- Then, take a wet towel or soft washcloth and wipe it off from your skin gently.
- Apply this method at least 2 times a day to get the best outcome on sunburns spots.
Apply Baking Soda:
Baking soda is a magnificent ingredient to use against the harshness of sunburn, as it contains natural antiseptic properties which work expertly in soothing skin irritation and reduce the inflammation swiftly. Also, the high alkaline compounds of baking soda help to balance the body pH level and thus fasten the skin tone restoration process efficiently. Let’s see how to use it in this regard-
- Take 4 tbsp of baking soda in a tiny bowl and add enough water into it to make a smooth paste of them.
- Now, apply that paste directly onto the sunburn area and let it work there for 10-12 minutes uninterruptedly.
- After that certain duration, wash the pack off with lots of plain water and pat dry gently.
- If you have sunburn spot in a vast area like your whole back or legs, try to apply a baking water soak for rapid effects on sunburn.
- To do so, simply dissolve 1 cup of baking soda into full tub water and take a bath in this water for 15 minutes.
- Try this method regularly and you will get a noticeable restoration soon on your skin surface.
Use Potato Paste:
Potato is one more excellent product to use in treating sunburn at home. The cool starchy pulp of potato provides an instant calmness on the sensation of sunburn and mineral compounds found in potato help to restore the natural skin color rapidly. this root vegetable is known as a topical ointment, which not only helps to regain the real skin tone but also, reduce the redness of suntan in the most rapid way. Let’s find out the perfect way to use this method-
- Peel and cut two medium sized potatoes into small chunks and blend them smoothly in a blender.
- Now take out the paste in a bowl and apply it on your sunburn areas directly.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes or till the layer dry out completely and then, wash it off with cold water gently.
- Keep repeating this process daily until you find that the dark patches of suntan are completely gone.
Wash with Yogurt:
Yogurt is a natural probiotic and thus, it helps to restore the natural skin complexion in the fastest way. Also, the high amount of lactic acid found in yogurt dissolves in our skin cells easily and moisturizes our cells manually. It also works expertly in alleviating the inflammation of sunburn with an instant effect. Let’s see how to apply it to suntan properly-
- Take 4 tbsp of unsweetened yogurt in a tiny bowl and add 1 teaspoon of organic honey into it.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of fresh lime juice along with 1 teaspoon of rosewater into it and combine them smoothly with the help of your fingertips.
- Now, apply this pack on your suntan area and let it work there for 20-25 minutes on those spots uninterruptedly.
- After the certain duration, wash the pack off with normal water and pat dry gently.
Apply Tomato Honey:
Tomato is one more magical component to use against the stubborn sunburn marks and regain the normal skin tone naturally. Its lycopene properties help our skin to fight against the harmful UV rays and provide deep protection against its damaging qualities. It is also skilled in the reduction of skin inflammation, which often occurs in the sunburn spot for consuming extra harmful heat of sun directly. Let’s check out the applying process properly-
- Cut one tomato into two equal halves or from the middle and grate the pulp with a grater into a small bowl.
- Then, add ½ teaspoon of raw honey or ground sugar granules into this grated-tomato pulp and stir them well.
- Now, apply this pack on your sunburn area and let it work there for 15 minutes or dry them on those spots entirely.
- After that simply wash it off with some cold water and pat dry with a soft washcloth.
- You can use freshly squeezed tomato juice instead of grated-tomato pulp if you want.
Use Cucumber Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice is one spectacular component to use against the damaging skin part of sunburn. It is rich in ample of disinfecting properties, which reduce the harmful effect of UV rays from our skin and help us to restore the previous skin tone speedily. Also the citric acid content and vitamin C of this product balance the skin pH level, as well as help to bring back the real skin color more rapidly. let’s find out the proper using method of this ingredient below-
- Tae 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp rosewater, and 1 table cucumber juice in a tiny bowl.
- Stir them well with a toothpick and soak a cotton ball into it apply on your sunburn gently.
- Now, apply the damp cotton ball over your suntan areas and let the pack dry on your skin surface for 10 minutes uninterruptedly.
- Finally, rinse it off with cold water and pat dry with a gentle cloth.
Apply Honey Lemon:
Honey is rich in high antioxidant properties along with antiseptic and antibiotic compounds, which all are immensely effective in soothing the irritation of sunburn and restoring the natural skin color from the discoloration. Honey is a natural humectant and thus, it speeds up the process of skin regeneration and moisture our skin cells with a cool soothing effect on the sensation of a suntan. Let’s find out how to use it on sunburn expertly-
- Mix 1-2 tbsp of manuka honey with 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice and combine them finely.
- Now, apply this mixture on your suntan and let is work there for 15-20 minutes constantly.
- After the duration, wash off the pack with cool water and keep repeating this method two times a day for the best result.
Soak Yourself With Oatmeal:
Oatmeal is a common kitchen ingredient that works remarkably in the restoration of sunburn skin cells effectively. Its natural soothing properties provide an instant calmness on the burning sensation, while the other moisturizing compounds help to regain the proper skin color efficiently. Let’s see how to use it properly for sunburned skin cells-
- Fill your bathtub with enough cool water and mix 1 cup of oatmeal into it.
- Keep stirring oatmeal into the water until it dissolves in the water finally, and then soak yourself in this mixture for half an hour constantly.
- Try to repeat this process daily until you get rid of the signs of sunburn entirely.
Tips and Ideas to Stay Protected from Sunburn:
It is always better to keep away from such skin damaging problem, than applying remedies, right? so, here we are referring some useful tips in this regard which will help you to stay away from the harmful legitimacy suntan, even in scorching summer season. let’s check them out-
- Always use sunscreen when going out under direct sun heat
- Choose a sunscreen with high SPF and with broad spectrum quality
- Try to avoid direct sun exposure as much as you can
- Always carry an umbrella with you, whenever you are going out of your house
- Try to choose outdoor activates which is not in the peak hours of sun heat, like before 10am or after 4pm
- Wear appropriate clothes which are comfortable and unable to drag sun heat easily
- Use suitable accessories like sunglass, hat, etc. to protect your skin from direct sunlight
- And try to keep yourself under the shady area in the outdoor work, as much as you can.
How Long does a Sunburn Last?
Sunburn mostly happens in three different stages depending on its intensity, like a mild sunburn, moderate sunburn, and severe sunburn. Usually, the lasting period of sunburn depends on these stages rather than skin compatibility.
Mild sunburn could go away within 2-3 three days by applying proper remedies. Moderate sunburn could take comparatively longer period like 6-7 days to clean out properly and regain the previous skin color entirely, while the severe sunburn could take almost 2-3 weeks to get cleared entirely! So, you need to take protection from sunburn adequately and prevent it from reaching the extreme level, if, you want to get rid of sunburn more quickly!