During our regular works or daily cooking, we often get ourselves hurt by minor burns. This type of burn usually doesn’t harm us hugely, only bother a little, in which basically, the op surface of our skin gets burned, but the inside thick layer remains undamaged.
You don’t have to rush to the doctors or any medical store near you for this minor injury if you know some effective home remedies to cure such wounds effectively.
Let’s us tell you the paramount methods in this matter, which are phenomenally effectual to heal the burn and restore your skin appearance proficiently. Check them out-
Best Home Remedies for Minor Burns:
1. Apply Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is a highly beneficial herb that is loaded with various medicinal properties which heal the minor burn swiftly.
The astringent compounds along with anti-inflammatory properties, which provide an instant calmness to our burn surface and gradually heal the damage with a mild smoothness. The best part of using aloe vera on your burn wound is that both the juice and the gel are equally effective for the healing of minor burn and both contain the same amount of medicinal value from the core! Let’s check out how to use this thing on your minor burn-
How to Apply
- Cut one aloe vera stalk and extract the juice from it with a spoon.
- Now, apply that gel immediately on your urn-affected area with a thick layer and let it work there for several hours.
- Once the gel all dried up, take it off with a piece of the wet cotton ball and you will rid of that flaming sensation shortly.
- You can also use aloe vera juice instead of aloe vera gel, but in such matter, try to amalgamate the juice with 1 tsp of turmeric paste to get the best upshot on burnt area!
2. Use Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is rich in anti-inflammatory properties along with a huge amount of vitamin E and some beneficial fatty acids, which both are skilled in the healing process of burn wounds. While the antiseptic properties heal the burn, the richness of moisturizing compounds restores the skin damages wonderfully along with lightening the scar of your burn. Let’s find out how to use this magical method on your minor burns properly-
- Mix 1 tsp of tea tree oil into ½ tbsp of coconut oil finely.
- Now, apply that mixture on your burn wound with several layers and let the solution work there for many hours.
- Try to apply this mixture frequently on your wounds during a day, and you will get rid of the irritation within 24 hours.
3. Cold Water Cool Off:
Applying cold water on a minor burn is an ancient and simplest method among all the equivalents. The minus or zero degree temperature of such material holds the inflammation of your burnt area and soothes it instantly.
However, some people thought that cold water only could reduce the sensational swelling of minor burns for a small while, but it doesn’t cure the wounds properly.
So, it is better to use this method immediately after getting a slight burn on your body to diminish the inflammation, but you must apply another curing method to heal the place properly.
- At first, hold your burnt area under the flow of cool water for a few seconds.
- After that, soak a soft towel with cold water and press it gently on your wound for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, take off the towel and apply your preferable method on your burn, and you will get relieved from your inflammation immediately.
4. Soothe with Egg White:
Egg white is another effective method to use on burn wounds. It is a natural collagen which contains many nutrients and medicinal properties inside it. The most amazing part of using egg white is that it not only heals the burn rapidly but at the same time, diminishes the scar of your wounds magnificently. Hence, let’s check out how to regenerate your skin surface by curing the small burns from this simple cooking ingredient-
- At first, break an egg and take the white part into a small bowl.
- Now, beat the portion with a fork for a couple of times.
- Then, apply that smooth white part on your burn area and let it work there for more than half an hour.
- After that duration, simply wipe that part out with a cold-water soak tissue.
5.Use Raw Potato:
Raw potato is one more preferable item here which has an immense optimistic effect on the burn surface of our body. potato contains some soothing properties along with anti-inflammatory compounds while staying in raw or uncooked form. These qualities lessen the burning sensation instantly and work on the scars as well. Let’s see how to apply this method properly-
How to Use Smashed Potatoes
- Cut some slices from a potato with its peel and place them into a pestle.
- Now smash those sliced a little and then, apply that smashed potato along with their juice on your burn area.
- You can also apply grated or uncrushed potato slice on your wounds as well, to get the equal outcome.
- Now, wait for 15-20 minutes and then, wipe off with a wet object gently.
6. Lavender Oil:
Lavender oil is a good product to use to treat the first-degree burn. It is an essential that why loaded with huge amount of anti-inflammatory properties, which soothe the burning sensation immediately. Also, the therapeutic compounds of this product heal the wound rapidly along with lightening its blister. The anti-infectious and antibacterial elements of this component help to recover firstly than any other healing method. let’s see how to use this thing on your minor burn-
How to Apply
- Take 1-2 tbsp of cool water and compress it with 8-10 drops of lavender oil.
- Then use that solution on your burnt area and let it work there for the next half an hour.
- After that, wipe it out with a wet tissue soaked in cool water.
7. Heal with Mustard:
Mustard is another effective method to use against minor or fist degree burn. Mustard, especially the yellow ones is loaded with healing properties, which regenerate the skin health naturally and give you fast relief than any other expensive medicated cream.
The anti-inflammation excellence of this product has made this one a must-applicable product for such first-degree burns. Let’s see how to use this simple kitchen ingredient on your minor burns-
- Blend some yellow mustard in your blender until they smoothen.
- Now, apply that blended paste with a thick layer on your burnt area.
- You will get an instant soothing feeling on your burn sensation.
- Now, let the solution dry and work there for overnight.
- On the next day morning, wipe the dry pack off with a wet object, and you will get a remarkable result on your wound for sure!
8. Make use of Honey:
Honey is a natural humectant as we all know. This superbly advantageous component is rich in antiseptic and healing properties that help to recover fast and to restore the skin health more vigorously.
The affluence of various nutrients along with a high amount of antibacterial properties found in honey, not only heals the wounds rapidly, but it vanishes the mark of that injury too! Let’s find out how to soothe the burning sensation and treat your first-degree burn with this simple kitchen component-
- At first, place your burnt place under cool water flow for a few seconds.
- Now, let the spot dry a little and drops 2-3 drops of raw honey onto that place.
- Spread the honey with your fingertips gently, especially, around the affected area and cover that place with a mild dressing.
- Keep changing the bandage or dressing frequently, throughout a day.
- Let it work there for a few hours and then uncover it when you feel the burning sensation has gone entirely.
- Remember that honey, which is available on normal grocery store are not safe to use on a burn. So bring your honey only from certified medicated store, when you are going to use it on burn wounds.
9. Effective Plantain Leaves or Stem Juice ( Have used this for my mom):
Plantain leaves and the stem juice are one more highly recommendable product here to use as an effective healing method for your first-degree burn.
This is one kind of herb that we often cultivate in our backyard. Every single part of this plant is loaded with various nutrients along with some amazing healing qualities.
Anti-inflammatory and antitoxin compounds are mentionable among them, which provide a spectacular effect on the minor burns to heal them rapidly. Let’s see how to use this product on your burn perfectly-
- At first, harvest some leaves of some stems from your plantain plant.
- Now, extract the juice from that preferable segment by crushing them finely.
- Then, apply that juice or the thick paste of leaves on your burnt area and let it work there for at least 20-30 minutes uninterruptedly.
- You will get instant relief from your burning sensation, and capable of to get regenerated the skin health within 2 days.
- You can also try a different process to apply the goodness of the leaves of plantain plant.
- To do so, simply chew 4-5 plantain leaves after washing them thoroughly.
- When you get enough extract on your mouth, immediately spit on your burnt area and see the instant calmness of this method on your minor burn!
10. Get Relaxed with Yogurt:
Yogurt is rich in anti-astringent properties, along with antifungal, antibacterial and healing properties which make this one a great component to use against first or second-degree burns.
The cooling effects of cold yogurt are stupendous, while the acidic content help to restore the pH level of your burnt area and fade the scar of burn effectively. Let’s discover how to use this method on minor burn properly-
- Take 1 tbsp of cool yogurt and beat it finely to transform it into a smooth paste.
- Now, apply that smooth paste on your affected area with an even layer and wait for 10-15 minutes.
- After that duration, softly wipe out the pack with a wet tissue paper and apply some mild cream immediately.
- You can skip the cream part if you want and keep repeating this process more than once in a single day.
- Remember in this regards that, as yogurt has a high amount of acidic content, thus try to avoid this method immediately after that burn happen, and apply it later at least half an hour after you have got that wound!
11. Apply Olive Oil:
Olive oil is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which are skilled in the treat of any kind of burn wound.
The medicinal compounds found in this beneficial oil has an optimistic effect on our burn damages from both internal and external aspects.
The amazing effect of this product beats the effectivity of several expensive burn treatments as well, that’s why; many new-age doctors prescribe this method to treat the first class or second class of burn wounds even in some renowned medical institutes as well! Let’s find out how to use this thing on your burn directly-
- Take 1 tsp of olive oil and add 2 drops of chamomile oil into it.
- Mix them well with your fingertips and then apply the solution on your affected area.
- Now, let it work for the rest of the day and you will get rid of the burn injuries within 1-2 days.
Should we need to Avoid Applying Ice on Burn?
Some people thing that applying ice immediately at a burning place could provide them relief from the inflammation, but the truth is it is actually harmful than beneficial! Ice makes the area directly contacted in an unnatural cold circumstance, which could damage your skin cells rather than regenerate them! You can apply cool water instead of in such matter to diminish the burning sensation of minor burns instantly.
Burn has various classifications and its healing method must be decided on that specific degree. It has four clear divisions in which the whole types of burns incorporated; they are successively first degree, second degree, third degree and fourth degree.
First degree is minor burns in which only the first layer of your skin gets injured with a mild sensation and blister; in second degree, burn damage the dermis layer of our skin along with epidermis and provide a red and highly sensation painful place; in third degree, the burn completely destroy the epidermis and dermis layer of our body and reach to the subcutaneous tissues with an unbearable pain; in fourth or final degree, the burn will harm your underlying bones along with muscles and tendons, in which victim don’t feel any pain and probably gone senseless.
Why Should I avoid Toothpaste or Butter on Burn?
Some people thought that placing butter or toothpaste on your minor burn is a good way to get rid of the inflammation instantly, but it is not! it has been seen that toothpaste or butter no one has any antibiotic quality that could help you in this attempt of healing burns, and sometimes, they could make your wound infectious!
The preservatives found on these products also make your blister worse than ever, instead of regenerating the natural look of your burn skin. So, always try to avoid such products from applying on your minor burn, which come in a disguise of remedy but actually would harm you at the end!