Cold sores are one disgusting and embarrassing illness, which is basically an allergic infection, seems as a blister around the lips. These tiny allergic blisters lead by the herpes simplex virus, which could break open, ooze, or crust over and stay for 7-10 days. The worst part of incorporated with this virus is that it never leaves you easily after preliminary breakouts, and stays in the dormant in the nerve cells of your body.
Cold sores could appear for several reasons and it hard to get rid of, once affected you! Research has been proven that home remedies effect more optimistically on curing cold sores than market-based medicines. Thus, hold your money before wasting it on any expensive medicine and try out any of these below-mentioned remedies to get rid of cold sores effortlessly-
Home Remedies for Cold Sores
1. Essential Oil:
Essential oils are skilled in sorting out any of viral infection and as these painful skin lesions emerge because of the simplex virus, thus essential oil could offer you an instant relief in this problem. Instead of one or two essential oil, a mixture of some highly effective and medicated essential oil provides us more delightful result in this endeavor. Let’s check out how to prepare and use this thing at home-
- Take 5 drops of lavender oil, 8 drops of tea tree oil, 6 drops of chamomile oil, 3 drops of lemon oil and 8 drops of geranium oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Now, stir that combined essential oil into 2 fl. Oz. sweet almond oil and mix them well.
- After that, soak a cotton ball in water and pour a few drops of that essential oil mixture into that ball.
- Finally, apply that cotton ball on the cold sore-affected area on a regular basis and you will get rid of that infection soon!
2. Aloe Vera:
The medication of aloe vera gel improve our blood circulation, the healing properties soothes the inflammation of blister, and the richness of good nutrients in this gel cure the virus effect from your cells. Studies also claim that aloe vera gel not only aid to get rid of cold sores but, it also prevents the attack of herpes simplex virus from attacking again! Let’s check out how to use this thing to get relief from cold sore-
- At first, clear the surface of your blister with a soaked cotton ball.
- Now, extract some raw aloe vera gel from a broken stalk and apply that gel instantly on the cold sore-affected spot.
- Work this solution on your blister until the next application of aloe vera gel.
- We will recommend you to try out this solution at least 4-5 times a day to get relief from that disgusted illness rapidly!
3. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil in rich in anti-inflammatory properties along with antiviral, antibiotic and antifungal properties, which each is equally effective to kill any kind of infective compound from our body! the good fats of this oil dissolve the layer of bacteria or virus and destroy invaders naturally. Thus, this oil plays a significant role to kill the reason of cold sore and cure the infection organically. Let’s see how it works-
- Take 10 drops of totally melted coconut oil in a dram glass vial and add Melissa essential oil with Myrrh essential oil each in 5 drops quantity into that vial.
- After that, mix them well and open up the glass vial to take out the mixture at your fingertips.
- Then, apply the mixture on the clear surface of cold sores and let it work there as long as possible.
- Try out this solution three times a day, and you will get a magical result within a week!
4. Epsom Salt:
Epsom salt is loaded with essential minerals which are skilled to soothe inflamed skin infection and cure the viral attack completely. It not only wipes out the infecting compounds from our skin but at the same time rejuvenate the broken cells into the newer one! Let’s check out how to utilize this thing to get rid of cold sore in step by step method-
- Add 1 tbsp of Epsom salt into a glass of distilled water.
- Now, stir it with a spoon to dissolve the salt granules finely into the water.
- After that, swish the cold sore-infected area with that salted-water.
- You can also apply it with the help of a cotton ball. To do so, soak a cotton ball in that solution and apply it on the infected area.
- Do forget to clear up the surface before applying this solution to get a better outcome on the cold.
Epsom salt for herpes simplex.
5. Baking Soda:
Baking soda is enriched with several medicated properties that work positively to heal and cure any type of skin impurities or infection of its root. The alkaline pH level of this product naturally heals the fever blister and prevents the growth of bacteria. This element is skilled to cool down the sore of that infected area and clear the viral attack entirely. Let’s check out how to use it on cold sore-
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda in your palm and add a few drops of filtered water into it.
- Now, prepare a thick paste from them and apply that paste on the affected area around your mouth.
- After waiting for 10-15 minutes, wash it off with normal water.
- Try out this solution twice a day and you will get rid of the irrigation of cold sore shortly!
6. Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil is rich in antibacterial and antiseptic properties which make this item a perfect alternative medication to treat cold sores optimistically! The natural healing compounds of this essential oil aid to destroy bacteria, sterilize injury of for that blister, and provide a shield to your skin cells from getting affected by any other bacterial attack soon. Let see how to apply this thing-
- Take a few drops of raw tree tea oil on a cotton ball and dab that ball on your affected area.
- If you feel a little itty or irritating feeling on your infected spot, then, avoid the raw application of tea tree oil and add a few drops of distilled water with it, before applying on your skin.
- After a gap of 10-15 minutes, take a wet washcloth and gently rub the surface to remove the crusty substance from the top of your skin.
7. Oregano or Peppermint Oil:
Peppermint oil is another great essential oil to get rid of cold sore naturally. It is loaded with antiviral constituents work as a disinfectant against the HSV compounds of this fever blister and clean the cold sore infected area proficiently than any readymade medication! This essential oil also soothes the sore of those blisters and prevents them from unwanted breakouts. Let’s find out how to apply this oil for curing of cold sore swiftly-
- At first, dip a cotton ball in some distilled water and then, pour in a few drops of peppermint oil onto that cotton ball.
- Now, it directly on the cold sore and let it work there overnight.
- Try this method twice a day and you will get rid of the sores of fever blisters within 4-5 days!
8. Salt and Toothpaste:
Salt contains antibacterial agent and toothpaste is skilled as a professional virus inhibitor. When both of these ingredients merged perfectly, they could act as a proficient antifungal and antiseptic substitute which cure the sore of fever blisters naturally. Let’s check out how to amalgamate salt & toothpaste and how to use them to the treatment of cold sore in details-
- Take ½ tsp of any regular toothpaste in your palm and add ½ tsp of organic salt into it.
- Beat them well to prepare a thick paste and apply that paste on your cold sores.
- Now, let it work overnight on that spot and wash off with normal water in the next morning.
Garlic is another good kitchen ingredient to heal cold sores naturally. The anti-inflammatory properties of this element reduce the soreness of those fluid filled blisters rapidly and antibacterial compounds of garlic destroy the effect of HSV from your skin. The antioxidant properties of garlic spice smoothen your skin in a short period. Let’s see how to use this product properly-
- At first, mash or crush some fresh garlic cloves into a bowl.
- Now, add a few drops of filtered water into it and blend them well.
- After getting a fine paste from them, apply it on your cold sore infected area.
- Allow the solution to work on that spot for at least 15-20 minutes.
- After that, rinse off the paste with normal water and pat dry gently.
- Try out this solution thrice a day and you will get relief from the attack of these blisters within a week!
Ginger is rich in fatty acid along with some good nutrients which are effective to soothe irritation of viral infection, and it is not exceptional here as well! The healing properties of this root spice also aid to cure the fungal effect from those fluid filled blisters and heal the sensational feeling rapidly after a few applications. Let’s see how to apply this ginger solution on cold sore-
- Grate some ginger slices in a grate or finely chop a medium sized ginger on your cutting plate.
- Now, squeeze the inside extract or raw juice from that grated ginger into your palm.
- Then, dip your fingertip into that juice and apply it immediately on your cold sores.
- Let us told you that this single process is very difficult to bear in the first or second attempts, as the raw juice of ginger provides you an unbearable sensation of the sores!
- However, if you could stand that irritation once, you will get rid of cold sores more easily than any other home remedies.
- Wash off the juice of ginger after a gap of 15 minutes and repeat this process several times a day to get a rapid relief.
Honey is a natural moisturizer which rich in healing properties, and that’s why it has been healing wounds since centuries! The antiviral properties of honey combat the HSV effect from your cells and heal the soreness effortlessly within a short period. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of honey also work positively on the inflammation of these fever blisters. Let’s find out how to use it on cold sore-
- Stir 4 drops of raw organic honey with two drops of distilled water in your palm and combine them smoothly.
- Now, clear up the surface of your fever blisters and apply that solution on your cold sore infected area.
- Let this solution dry there on your lips and treat your sores four times a day like this way.
- Honey not only cures the attack of these fever sores within three days, but it also diminishes the mark of those fluid filled blister naturally!
Yogurt contains acidophilus bacteria which prevent the growth of bacteria in our cells. The probiotic properties, found in this cold dairy product also combat the viral effect from our skin and avert them from coming back again. Let’s see how to use this beneficial thing to fight off cold sore naturally-
- Take ½ tbsp of unsweetened yogurt in your hand and rub them a little with your fingertip.
- After getting a smooth texture, apply that paste on your cold sore affected area directly.
- Let it work for half an hour and then wash off with plain water.
- Apply this pack twice a day for achieving a better outcome of your home remedy.
- To use yogurt internally to fight the possibilities of a cold sore, eat two or three cups of fatless yogurt daily, especially during the outbreaks of your blisters!
13. Tea Bags:
Tea bags are loaded with bergamot oil and tannins properties which are equally effective to soothe the inflammation of fever blister and control its breakout condition naturally. The inflammatory properties of this thing heal the soreness calmly and clear up the viral infection effectively. Let’s see how to use this thing perfectly-
- At the initial stage, soak a tea bag in one cup of hot water.
- Then, allow it cool down properly and when it’s done, apply that cool tea bag on your skin directly on the sore-infected spot.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes and remove it after that period.
- Apply this process after a gap of 1 or 2 hours and you will get a magical effect on your fever blister within 2 days!
14. Good and Bad Foods for Cold Sores:
Cold sore not only gets remedied from external treatment, it can be cured by some internal attempts as well! Such as following a good food habit or avoiding some harmful foods, which might bear the HS virus in your skin cells! Hence, let us enlighten your idea with some useful suggestions on what kinds of foods are good for cold sores and what is bad for these blisters, take a look-
Good foods for Cold Blister:
- Foods which are rich in lysine like fish, meat, poultry, lamb, beef, mung beans, sprouts, beans, dairy products, etc. good in cold sore
- Foods rich in zinc sulfate, like spinach, shrimp, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, oysters, watermelon seeds, egg yolk, garlic, turkey, etc. helpful for curing cold sore.
- Fresh vegetable like leafy greens, cabbages, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, onion, etc. is greatly effective in this attempt.
- Fruits like mangoes, apricot, pear, grapes, papaya, cucumber, cherries, etc. are a god in cold sore.
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acid like salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel, etc. fishes are highly valuable to get rid of cold sore naturally.
- Nuts, dried fruits, oatmeal, whole grains, cereals, etc. are also working positively in cold sores.
Bad foods for Cold Blister:
- Inflammatory foods like oily fries, fast-food, donut, pastries, white bread, artificial sweetened, sweet beverage, red meat, margarine, lard, ham, etc. are bad for cold sore infected people.
- Arginine-rich foods like chocolate, cola, carbonated drinks, peas, peanuts, cashew, beer, grain cereal, are bad for cold sore.
- Acidic foods like citrus fruit, caffeine products, lemonade, organ juice, lemon candies, etc. bring bad effect on your skin cells and lead HSV to your body!