Why to consume Low in Carbs Food
Low in carbs food is very useful for you as it
- helps you with weight loss but also protects your body from various health risks.
- The low carb diet has ability to sate your hunger thus saving up on calories that you would have eaten which in turn lets you lose weight.
- It reduces the levels of triglycerides in the blood thus preventing heart related diseases, low carb diet increases the HDL cholesterol (the good kind) level of the body hence protecting from cardiovascular problems.
- Reduces the high blood pressure while keeps the blood sugar levels low. Hence having a low carb diet is really advisable.
1. Low Carb Foods that are filling
There are various low carb foods that can make you your stomach feel full and they include:
Grilled skinless chicken breast, seafood and fish which includes tuna, shrimp and tilapia which are also full of proteins and protein has the tendency to make us feel full.Other foods include vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, and seeds.
2. Foods Low in Carbs and High in Protein
Sometimes we need high amount of protein while following a low carb diet regime like when doing bodybuilding which needs high amount of proteins for muscles formation. The various foods low in Carbs and high in protein include Chicken, Beef, Eggs, Turkey, Cheese, Pork, Almonds, Lamb, Salmon, Walnuts, Tuna, Prawns, Peanut Butter, Cod, Crab and Tofu.
3. Foods low in Carbs and high in Fiber
It is seen that generally low in carbs vegetables and fruit are generally high in fibers, the various foods low in carbs and high in fiber include:
- Wheat Bran, High Fiber Cereals, Unsweetened Coconut and Coconut Flour, Spinach and Chard, Collard Greens, Broccoli.
- Blackberries, Cauliflower, Asparagus, Lettuce, Romaine, Eggplant, Celery, Radishes, Mushrooms, Raspberries, Bell Peppers, Cabbage, Zucchini Squash etc.
You can also try Foods Rich in iron and why babies and pregnant women should consume iron rich foods.
4. Foods low in carbs and high in Potassium
Many times we search for carbs containing more of Potassium as high in Potassium foods have less amount of Sodium thus they are useful for the people suffering from high blood pressure. The various foods low in carbs and high in potassium include:
- Bananas, Mango and Kiwi in the fruits, Shellfish, fish, fowl, red meat in the prime non veg.
- bamboo shoots, Brussels’s sprouts, artichoke, pumpkin , spinach, tomatoes in the vegetable section.
5. Foods low in carbs for Breakfast
Having low carb breakfast is really a smart move as the breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Low carb diet ensures that there is no sudden spike in blood glucose levels and maintains the blood pressure. Various foods low in carbs for breakfast include: Eggs and steak with chopped tomatoes, skillet soufflé, fried eggs with onions and tomatoes, eggs with herbs, Greek frittata, Ricotta omlette, spinach and goat cheese frittata, Sausage, with Pepper and Cheddar Omelet, Shirred eggs etc.
6. Foods low in carbs and low in sodium
We search for low sodium low carb diet for managing blood pressure and consuming less of salt, the various foods low in carbs and sodium includes:
- carrots, kale, lettuce, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes.
- Lemon, lime, grapefruit and berries, fresh poultry, fish and meat fresh, basil, dill, ginger, cilantro, cumin, oregano, paprika, rosemary, parsley, and thyme, raw nuts ,seeds, and cheese etc.
7. Foods low in carbs and sugar
Diabetic people search for low carb foods and low in sugar as people suffering from diabetes should avoid having sugars as they raise the blood glucose levels. The various foods low in carbs and sugars include:
- Beef, pork, turkey, game meats, duck, goose, chicken, pheasant and lamb, halibut, cod, salmon, sardines, mackerel, herring, tuna, trout, flounder, and sole. Shellfish like crab, clams, mussels, lobster, shrimp, squid and oysters.
- All forms of lettuce, Asparagus, and baby spinach .Mushrooms, cauliflower, celery, peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, radishes and cabbage, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, flax seeds sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and macadamia nuts, milk, yogurt, and buttermilk.
8. Foods low in carbs and calories
We search for low calorie and low carb diet when we are trying to reduce weight or trying to maintain it. The various foods low in carbs and calories include:
- Reduced-fat cheese, egg whites, sliced tomatoes, fat-free cottage cheese, tofu, nonfat plain Greek yogurt and slice almonds.
- Cucumbers, broccoli, leafy greens, cauliflower, tomatoes, asparagus, bell peppers and mushrooms etc.
- If you are suffering from upset stomach you can also try light and best foods for upset stomach.
10. Foods low in carbs and fat
We all have to look out for unhealthy fat from our diets and so the various foods low in carbs and fat include:
- Eggs, most fishes and shellfishes like mussels.
- Eggplant, salad greens, radish, kale, spinach, cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes and onions.
- White meat chicken and turkey without skin, beef sirloin, tenderloin, pork tenderloin and ground beef.