Do you want to look beautiful and ageless for years regardless of what your age is? But, in today’s world, the use of cosmetics and skin surgeries actually damage the skin to the very core. Why not prefer natural ingredients when you are sure to get results within few days? As you know, there are many oils present in the market. But, how to know which one is beneficial for you? Then is the time you should go for a bottle of olive oil to work wonders!
Olive oil is a must have skin product which helps in making skin soft and supple. Olive oil contains many essential vitamins and minerals in it which make it a great use for skin.
Olive Oil for Skin
Olive oil works like a miracle on the skin and it can cure many skin diseases such as anti-aging, wrinkles, and fine lines. Olive oil helps to protect the skin and nourish it to a deep level. It is essential to hydrate the skin every day and continuous application of olive oil helps in maintaining the elasticity and softness of the skin. There might be some dead skin cells in your skin that needs to be washed off. This is possible only by using olive oil. Olive oil can be mixed with some other natural ingredients to make it a paste and applied on the skin which is just perfect for it. Some of the combinations of olive oil with other ingredients are listed as under:
- OLIVE OIL AND TURMERIC: Who doesn’t need a glowing and fresh looking skin? Turmeric has in it many inflammatory properties which are great for the skin. Olive oil and turmeric can be combined together to be made into a paste which needs to be applied on the skin. Ground turmeric should be mashed and mixed with around 2 tablespoons of olive oil and honey if needed and made into a fine paste. Using fingertips, spread the paste on your face and keep it for about 15 minutes and wash it with a cloth.
- OLIVE OIL AND LEMON HONEY: Honey is being used as a skin treatment and it also has surgical properties in it. First, take olive oil and honey in a small bowl and then mix about 1/2 tablespoon of lemon in the mixture. The mixture should be stirred properly till a white whisk is formed in the mixture. This mixture should be applied on the face with your fingers. Keep calm and don’t talk for some time. Then remove it with cold water.
- OLIVE OIL AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Apple cider vinegar helps to cleanse the skin in a deep way and protect it making it soft and healthy. Apple cider vinegar and olive oil can be used as a mask by pouring about 1/4th tablespoons of vinegar into olive oil and then applying it on the face.
- OLIVE OIL AND COCONUT OIL: Coconut oil has many antibacterial properties in it and protects skin from acne and fungal infections. The actual coconut oil should be taken from the extracts of coconut. The oil should be taken from that and about 2 tablespoons of olive oil should be mixed with it. The paste should be applied for about 20 minutes and washed properly.
- OLIVE OIL AND VITAMIN E: Vitamin E capsules are present in the market and they contain a whole lot of vitamin E in them which are great for the skin. First, take the capsule in a clean paper and then make a small hole in the capsule and take the oil out from there. Then stir the oil in 1 tablespoon of olive oil as this makes the capsule more pliable and apply it on the skin.
- OLIVE OIL AND ALOE VERA: Aloe Vera has inflammatory properties in them which make to keep the skin lively. It is also an antioxidant for the skin. Aloe Vera is helpful for glowing skin and also for removal of tan. The aloe vera should be mashed and the gel needs to be taken out and made into a paste with olive oil. This should be applied on the skin and washed with lukewarm water.
- OLIVE OIL AND SUGAR: If you are in need of a healthy skin, then you must try out sugar for the skin as it is really good. First, wipe your face with clean water. Then, mix olive oil and sugar and then apply it on your face. It should be applied more in the area with blackheads. Then the mixture should be washed off with water and apply a moisturizer then.
- OLIVE OIL AND CINNAMON: Cinnamon helps in fighting the skin diseases and it helps to improve the skin to a great extent. The scalp of the skin is cleansed from a deeper level and the pores are cleaned. It is an antiseptic. Cinnamon should be mashed and then olive oil should be applied to it which should be applied on the face.
- OLIVE OIL AND EPSOM SALT: Epsom salt is good for skin as it helps to heal any scar or rash on the skin. It also acts as a great face scrub. Mix 1/2 tablespoon of Epsom salt and olive oil together. Then this should be applied on the skin at frequent intervals. Regular use will show visible results.
- OLIVE OIL AND BAKING SODA: Do you want a face moisturizer?? The best way is olive oil and baking soda. With corn flour, rose water and fresh lemon, mix baking soda and olive oil. Apply this paste on face and neck. After keeping it for about 15-20 minutes, wash it with cold water.
- OLIVE OIL AND ROSEWATER: Glowing and light skin is what every girl desires. This can be done by a natural ingredient which is rosewater. Extra virgin olive oil is thick and when mixed with water from rose petals, it becomes a treatment for the skin. This paste should be applied on the skin and wash it with cold water.
- OLIVE OIL AND SEA SALT: Sea salt acts as a scrub and a pure antioxidant for the skin. First, take 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and mash sea salt and apply on the face. If you want to make your moisturizer a bit more workable, then extra virgin olive oil can be applied at the end.
Olive Oil for Hair
Shiny and good looking hair is possible only when you use natural products for its treatment. Olive oil helps in growing of the hair follicles and it makes the roots deep which leads to less hair fall. In this way, you are sure to get thick hair. The olive oil can penetrate deep onto the scalp and make hair healthy and shiny. If you have itchy or dry scalp, you can try out this process. It should be used overnight and washed off next day. Some of the ingredients that can be used with olive oil are listed as under:
- EGG AND OLIVE OIL: Egg white is best for hair growth as it contains a lot of vitamins needed for hair. It also helps to promote hair growth. The egg white should be beaten properly so that it becomes a white formation and it should be mixed with olive oil and applied on hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap and wash it with a good shampoo.
- OLIVE OIL AND COCONUT OIL: Coconut oil contains lauric acid and also capric acid. It also helps in retaining the protein in hair and prevents hair from damaging. Coconut oil should be taken more than olive oil. This should be gently massaged into the scalp and rinsed it off with shampoo.
- OLIVE OIL AND HONEY: Honey is a great conditioner for hair and makes it smooth and silky. If anyone has an oily scalp, this works the best. First, take olive oil in a small bowl and mix honey in it. This process should be continued for about 2 weeks to get great results.
- OLIVE OIL AND CASTOR OIL: Castor oil is very thick but it should be mixed properly with olive oil. Equal quantities of olive and castor oil should be applied. First, apply this on the hair and wrap your hair with steamed water for about 15 minutes. This should be washed off with a mild shampoo.
- OLIVE OIL AND ROSEMARY: Rosemary is an essential oil and it helps in promotion of hair growth. 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rosemary oil should be mixed together. Massage it gently for some time and then wash it off with a good shampoo.
- OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC/ONION: Onion and garlic have certain nutrients in them which makes hair thick and strong. This is needed for lustrous hair. Mash garlic or squeeze the juice of onion and mix it with olive oil and apply it to your hair. Cover it with a shower cap and let it soak in your hair. Then, wash it off with cold water.
- OLIVE OIL AND LEMON JUICE: Lemon juice should also be applied on your hair to get good results. Olive oil and lemon juice should be mixed together and massage the mixture on your hair in a good way. This practice can be continued for about 2 weeks and indulge yourself in the softness of your hair.
Olive oil has always been able to stand out from the rest and provide what people exactly needs. Bit expensive but worth the cost!