Eyes are one of the most imperative organs of our body and we should not take them for granted without nourishing them adequately, as loss of eyes doesn’t mean only loss of witness power, it also means that loss of your half senses! So, be careful and start concerning your eyesight in good time, before it’s going too late.
Applying some effective eye drops or having some vitamin supplement for bright eyesight is not enough until you merge them with a nutritious diet chart.
Your diet plan must be depended on some foods which are beneficial for bright eyesight. Let’s check out what kind of nourishment your eyes need to maintain a healthy from for a long period-
Best Foods for Healthy Eyes/ Eyesight
- Leafy greens such as spinach kale, lettuce, peas, broccoli, parsley, asparagus, etc. loaded with lutein and zeaxanthin properties, which are skilled in developing the eye tissues skillfully. They are also considered as the natural source of antioxidants which is an essential nutrient for bright eyesight.
- Protein-rich foods are one recommendable item for achieving good eyesight. Egg, beef, pork, oily fishes, legumes, etc. are some preferable items here that come with lutein compounds and work for bright eyesight naturally.
- Foods with minerals are skilled in washing out the haziness from your retina and boosting up the overall health of your eye effortlessly. Zinc is an essential mineral for eyes, so try to include zinc-rich foods in your diet, when you are seeking for good eye health. Legumes, kidney beans, lentils, etc. are the natural sources of zinc.
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like oily fishes, fish oil supplements, flaxseeds, flaxseed oil supplements, black currant seed oil, walnut, pistachios, etc. are highly beneficial for eyes health. The EPA and DHA acids of such products help to reduce dry eye syndrome and diminish the possibilities of cataracts or macular degeneration with age.
- Colorful fruits and veggies are loaded with vitamin A and C nutrients which are proficient in maintaining a healthy form of your eyes for an extended period. So, include as many colors in your daily food as you can, like any citrus fruit, berries, tomatoes, pumpkin, bell peppers, strawberries, cantaloupe, etc.
- Vitamin E-rich items such as healthy dry fruits, almonds, walnut, sweet potato, avocado, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, butternut squash, etc. capable of making your eyesight brilliant. Nutrients increase the power of eye cells and lessen the possibilities of dry eyes naturally.
- Whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat products, whole oats, etc. are one highly recommendable category to include for better eyesight. These products are the natural source of niacin or many other nutrients that help improve your eyes’ overall health by resolving many eye problems innately.
Related Video: Yoga Eye Exercise for Bright Eyes
Quick Ideas and Tips for Healthy Eyes
- Eat Nuts, Legumes, Wild Salmon/fish, omega 3 rich foods, Almonds, Leafy greens
- Avoid watching mobile or computer screens in low light/ darkroom. stare at greenish objects or even better real plants and trees and take deep breaths every 30 minutes.
- Go to bed early and avoid staying awake after 11 pm.
- Practice pranayama and meditation
- Slowly takes yourself out from smoking / Alcohol
- Maintain a healthy weight to avoid diabetes and blood pressure, which in turn could affect your eyes
- Get your shoes and quit a sedentary lifestyle
- Wear sunglasses to protect yourself from harmful rays
- Get your eyes relaxed for every 20 – 30 mins while working with a computer. Also, look for options the place the top of the monitor screen at your eye level.
- Control yourself from rubbing your eyes while exposed to a dusty environment or on the project. wear safety goggles. In case you suspect a spec in your eye, use eye cups or a clean cup with pure water.
- Take Vitamin C, E, A Rich Foods
- Visit your doctor to get your glass or contact lens updated and for regular visits once in a year/ two.
- In the summer season place cucumber slices on your eyelids.
- Take good care of your liver, as per Chinese eye health and liver health are interlinked.
Pinterest: Save it for later