Post-pregnancy, women need to produce an adequate amount of breast milk to feed their newborn babies, as such infants could live only upon their breast milk, but unfortunately, a few ladies endure through this curse called lactation. Lactation or lack of breast milk could happen because of various reasons, but it must be cured by some effective home remedies for all the times. As because, this will allow them to cure the problem in an organic and harmless way!
Remember that any kind of risky procedure not only hampers the food of your child but, at the same time, it will ruin the proper growth of your newborn as well! So, stop worrying if you are suffering from lactation and produce enough amount of breast milk naturally with the help of these few simple yet effectual home remedies for lactation. Check them out-
Best home remedies for Lactation:
1. Stimulate Acupressure Points:
Acupuncture is a good way to increase the production of breast milk naturally. This ancient Chinese remedy procedure could help you spectacularly in this attempt but pressurize some exactly pressure points through a few sharp objects. CV17 that is located in the center of the sternum and ST18 that is located at the lower margin of breasts are 2 top most pressure points to use in the acupuncture process. To apply this type of remedy, always contact an expert and then try the procedure precisely, otherwise the whole method could work pessimistically and decrease the milk flow instead of increasing it!
2.Take Fenugreek Seeds with Milk:
Fenugreek or fenugreek seeds are one brilliant kitchen ingredient to use against the crisis of lactation. The high amount of phytoestrogens properties in these seeds escalate the production of milk in the breast and bind the estrogen receptors naturally. Let’s find out how to use this effective element properly in this endeavor-
- At first, wash some fresh fenugreek seeds and dry them properly.
- Now, place them in your mixer grinder and grind until smoothen.
- After that, put those ground fenugreek seeds in an airtight container.
- Now, mix 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds dust into 1 glass of cow or goat milk and drink regularly.
3. Drink Almond Milk:
Almond milk is a wonderful component to use against the symptoms of lactation. Almond milk is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids that increase the production of breast milk in a huge quantity. Also the rich amount of calcium and phosphorus found in this milk help to promote and health of your newborn proficiently, along with strengthening their bones naturally. Let’s see how to use this nutrient dense element in this attempt-
- Soak 10-15 almonds in filtered water for overnight at the initial stage.
- Then, on the next day morning, blend them in your blender till they turn smooth.
- After that, extract the juice of that blended paste into a cup and add ½ tsp of organic honey into it.
- Drink this solution on a regular basis, and you will get a noticeable change in your breast milk quantity shortly!
4. Consume Garlic:
Garlic is a magnificent kitchen ingredient that is loaded with various medicinal properties, which are skilled in increasing process of breast milk. Garlic is a natural galactagogue that rouses the milk flow in our breast and enhances the flavor of breast milk wonderfully. Let’s find out how to utilize this roost spice appropriately-
- Take 2-3garlic cloves and peel them first.
- Now, place those chopped garlic cloves into one heatproof bowl and add 1 cup of distilled water into that bowl.
- Then, oil the water for several minutes, until it shrinks into 1 quarter.
- After that, turn off the heat and strain the solution properly.
- Finally, add 1 tsp of raw honey into that solution, stir well and it is ready to drink.
- Try to take this solution daily in the morning and you will get an amazing flow in your breast milk soon!
5. Include Coconut Oil in Regular Diet:
Coconut oil is loaded with fatty acids like caprylic acid, capric acid, lauric acid, etc. which benefit the health of your baby optimistically. Also, the anti-inflammatory properties along with antimicrobial compounds enhance the health of your newborn magically! It has been seen that women, who use coconut oil in their regular diet could produce more amount of breast milk than their normal time. The lauric acid found in coconut oil mainly escalates the milk consistency and reduce the lack of breast milk naturally. Some people take 1 tbsp of raw and organic coconut oil directly on an empty stomach, while a few use this ingredient instead of their regular cooking oil to get its outstanding benefit in the increasing process of breast milk effortlessly.
6. Sip Herbal Tea:
If you are a tea lover then, it is more effortless for you to treat your lactation in a refreshed way, as some kinds of herbal teas work spectacularly in this endeavor. These types of teas are rich in antioxidant properties, which increase the milk flow in your breast in a complete caffeine-free way. The anti-inflammatory compounds of such teas also help to soothe the irritation of your breast while it initiates milk naturally. Fenugreek seeds, fennel, alfalfa, thistle, stinging nettle, coriander, raspberry leaf, etc. are some common and most effective method to use to make these sorts of effective teas in the treatment of lactation. Let’s find out making procedure of one of such teas below-
- At first, dry the ingredient of your preferable herb naturally and store it in an airtight container.
- Now, take 1 tsp of that dried herb and place it into a cup.
- After that, fill the cup with enough hot water and let it steep there for 2-3 minutes.
- You can steep the solution for more than 5-6 minutes if you like a strong flavor in your herbal tea otherwise; 2-3 minutes are more than enough!
- Now, strain the solution properly to eliminate the loose herbs in your tea.
- Finally, add ½-1 tsp of raw honey for the taste and drink immediately.
7. Take More Fluids – Best Juice:
Some juices are really helpful in this attempt of treating lactation naturally. Juice is a liquid food that easily merges in our body and produces adequate nutrients to our blood more effortlessly. Thus, doctors prescribe to increase the intake of fluid foods during the breastfeeding period of a woman.
Though there are plenty of readymade juices available in the market nowadays, yet try to avoid those things and make your preferable juices at home in normal ways, as these readymade juices contain a huge amount of preservatives which are literally poison for your newborn baby!
Pineapple juice is the most effective one in such matters, apart from that any kind healthy juice made from fresh fruit and vegetables are effective here.
8. Do Yoga Poses:
Yoga is another splendid way to treat and cure the lactation crisis proficiently. We all know the outstanding effects of yoga on various health issues, but you will be wondered to know that some simple yoga process how can promote the milk flow in your breast naturally!
Yoga effortlessly increases the blood flow in our vessels, reduce other health troubles and enhance the stamina of breastfeeding wonderfully.
Before jumping to the yoga steps, remember that you should do some steps which take less time, less physical-effort and easy postures, as, during the period of post-pregnancy, these qualities are essential for a new mom in her daily workouts! Let’s check out which are the most effective yoga poses in this matter-
- Cat-cow stretch pose
- Sphinx pose
- Spinal twist pose and
- Cobra pose
9. Add Kale to Your Salad:
Kale is a leafy green that is loaded with essential nutrients which make this one a perfect lactogenic component in the delicate period of post-pregnancy.
The richness of beta-carotene and chlorophyll in this type of green veggie not only increase the milk flow in your body but, enhance the immune system of your baby as well. The high amount of omega-3 fatty acid found in this leafy green diminishes the irritation in your breast and promote the quality of your breast milk wonderfully.
You can eat this beneficial thing through your regular diet or daily salad. Drinking the raw juice of kale is also very much effective in such attempts; just make sure that you are following a regular routine in all matters!
10. Massage Gently with Essential Oils:
Essential oils are loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as we all know, but their medicinal properties also help to stimulate the amount of breast milk naturally.
Aromatherapy is an outstanding process to amplify the breast milk in an organic way and essential oils are the key component of this simple procedure.
Fennel oil, clary sage oil, rosemary oil, lavender oil, melaleuca oil, roman chamomile oil, etc. are some are some effective essential oils in this matter. Let’s find out how to use essential oils in this method precisely-
- Take 10 drops of lavender oil, 5 drops of chamomile oil, and 10 drops of rosemary oil into a small mixing bowl.
- Now add 2 tbsp of coconut oil or any preferable carrier oil into that bowl and combine them well.
- After that, take some of this mixture and start massaging your breast through armpit towards nipple in a circular motion.
- Do repeat this process regularly and you will get a remarkable augmentation in your breast milk quantity soon.
11. Kalonji Seeds:
Kalonji seeds or black seeds are one more highly recommendable ingredient in the natural escalating process of breast milk.
The richness of therapeutic and medicinal properties in this black spice increases the breast refill rate with an adequate amount of milk supply.
The highly effective nutrients found in these seeds make this one a magical method to use against the lactation since the ancient period. Let’s see how to use this method to escalate the flow of your breast milk innately-
- Crush or grind some Kalonji or black seeds in your grinder and store in an airtight container.
- Now, take 1 tsp of this dust and mix into 240ml distilled water finely.
- After that, drink this solution frequently throughout the whole day in your post-pregnancy period.
- You can also fry this dust with a few garlic cloves along with a green chili and take it with some warm rice regularly in this period to get the similar effect n your lactation.
Best Foods for Lactating Mothers:
Women go through various health issues during their post-pregnancy period and thus, they need to follow a precise diet chart throughout this entire session.
In this time, women body need to consume an adequate amount of nutrients with essential vitamins and minerals which could normalize the blood flow, promote the breast milk consistency, regularize the intestine and keep the body healthy all through the day. Let’s find out what kinds of foods are beneficial for new moms-
- Green vegetables
- Red vegetables
- Leafy greens
- Juicy fruits
- Colorful plant-based products, whether it is fruit or veggie, like asparagus, green beans, yam, sweet potato, carrot, watercress, green papaya, alfalfa, etc.
- Grains, like brown rice, barley, wholegrain products, bread, cereals, etc.
- Legumes, millets, peas, chickpea, and other plant-based high-protein foods
- Magnesium rich foods like nuts, macadamia, etc.
- Healthy oils, like flaxseed oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc.
- Healthy fats, like fatty fishes, butter, ghee, etc.
- Beneficial herbs, like turmeric, ginger, caraway, dill, marjoram, etc.
- Healthy liquid foods like juices, water, barley-water, herbal teas, coconut water, etc.
Tips and Ideas :
Besides including these above mentioned foods and home remedies, a new-mom should always follow some tips too, for keeping the lactation crisis from their body away. Here we are referring the top most tips among them, check them out-
- Eat healthily and stay healthy throughout the whole season
- Keep your body hydrated as long as you can
- Follow a nutritious diet chart regularly
- Often feed your baby to let the breast generate more milk, naturally
- Pick up the latching position frequently during breastfeeding
- Avoid all harmful foods and drink during this delicate period
- Shun all the bad or harmful habits like drinking or smoking during this session
- And more importantly, always switch to the next breast only when the feeding breast turns empty!
Home Remedies and Foods for Breastfeeding Moms