Gout is one kind of joint pain or arthritis that provides an unbearable pain and swelling sensation along with firmness in the joints and especially, in the big toe. This inflammation in joints could harm your tissues permanently over time if you don’t cure it properly.
Studies on gout have proven that home remedies and a proper restriction on foods give more effective impacts on the symptoms of this arthritis than any other medications!
Hence, check out some of these immensely proficient home remedies along with some preferable food suggestions that will help you optimistically in this endeavor. Take a look-
What Causes Buildup of Uric Acid:
Before jumping to the remedy methods and food suggestions, let’s validate at the main causes of this disease, as it can incorporate you for a specific reason and finding the main cause will help to get rid of gout more effectively.
According to the medical research on gout, doctors elaborate that gout mainly occurs because of the affluence of uric acid in our blood. That’s means if we can find out the real reason behind the buildup of uric acid in our tissues; we can clear it more vigorously.
It has been seen that if our body consume purines in high amount through some rich foods, uric acid stored in our tissues and start giving issues in our joints.
Generally, uric acids eliminate from our system through our urine system, but it can’t leave our body completely while stored in a huge amount, and those excessive uric acids build up in our joints, which begin to damage our tissues with their unbearable inflammation.
Best Diet for Gout:
Before finalizing you diet plan to fight the signs of gout, let’s find out what types of foods are good for your system to prevent storing uric acid and transforming gout in your joints-
- Complex carbohydrate, like season fruits, leafy greens, colorful vegetables
- Low-calorie foods, like celery, radish, arugula, zucchini, cumber, plum, watercress, etc.
- Whole grain foods like cereals, oatmeal, barley, whole-wheat spaghetti, brown bread, etc.
- Nutrient dense foods like kale, shellfish, salmon, potatoes, garlic, etc.
- Foods, which help to hydrate our body naturally, like cucumber, Brussels sprouts, flaxseeds, okra, turnips, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Foods with saturated fats, like low-fat dairy products
- Foods with good protein, like lean meat, legumes, lentils, etc.
- Foods, which help to reduce weight naturally, like cruciferous vegetables, beans, legumes, etc.
Diet Plan in Gout:
- Let’s start your day with whole-grain cereal with some nutrient-dense dried foods and low-fat
- Accompany your breakfast with a bowl of fruit salad and a glass of unsweetened fruit juice.
- In your mid-day meal, take some heavy yet healthy foods like chicken salad or boiled vegetables or whole grain chapatti.
- Plain vegetable salad in some olive oil dressing along with a bowl of boiled and seasoned lentils or legumes would be a great choice here.
- At afternoon take some gout relieving foods like cherries or a veg sandwich made from whole grain bread along with a cup of ginger tea.
- In the night, treat your tongue with some roasted or steamed foods like steamed veggies with roasted shellfish.
- A plate of whole-grain pasta or spaghetti with some vegetable salad would be a nice pick in this attempt.
- Complete our meal with a cup of herbal tea or a bowl of low-fat dairy product at the end.
Mentionable in this regards that no matter you are eating what foods and consume them in how much quantity but, always try to drinks lots and lots of water throughout the whole day, to keep the signs of gout away from your joints as well tissues!
Foods to Avoid in Gout:
Foods are the key reason in the storing process of uric acids in out joints, thus if you want to get rid of this arthritis problem effective then, try to shun some harmful foods from your eating list as soon as possible! Here is a complete list we are referring to such foods which trigger uric acid and cause gout directly. Let’s check them out and eliminate them immediately-
- Vegetables with purine compounds, like spinach, cauliflower, peas, mushrooms, ladies fingers, tomatoes, etc.
- Glandular meats and animal liver along with red meat and animal organs
- Some seafood, like herring, mackerel, tuna, trout, etc.
- Alcohol, sugary beverage, carbonated drinks, etc.
- Caffeine products like coffee, black tea, etc. in high amount
- Refined carbohydrates, like white rice, white bread, white pasta, sugar, etc.
- Processed foods, canned foods, and some specific lentils,
- And high protein shellfish like shrimp, lobster, etc.
Best Home Remedies for Gout:
If you are suffering from gout despite following a precise diet then, try out these highly effectual home remedies, which are made of some mere kitchen ingredients and aid you to get rid of the signs of gout effortlessly. Let’s find out the methods with precise using process-
1. Cherry Juice:
Cherry is one type of anthocyanin fruit that is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which soothe the sensation in joints or tissues effectively.
Raw juice of this red berry fruit outstandingly diminishes the level of uric acid from our blood and escalates the anthocyanin compounds that fight the signs of gout flare skillfully. Let’s see how to prepare and consume this thing in gout-
- Take 100-300 milligram of fresh cherries and wash them off clearly.
- Now, put them in your blender and blend them finely.
- Then, extract the juice from that blended cherries into a glass and drink in an empty stomach.
- Try to follow this routine for at least 20 -25 days uninterruptedly and you will get rid of the signs of gout soon.
- Remember that these types of berry fruits contain a certain amount of sugary content thus, try to avoid the consumption of the juice these fruits in an excessive quantity!
- Doctors say that people, who don’t like to drink cherry juice, could also eat 10-15 cherries on a regular basis, instead of this juice method.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is the powerhouse of various beneficial nutrients as well as minerals like potassium, iron, calcium, etc. These minerals soothe the irritation or inflammation from your big toes or tissues and the acidic content of this ingredient maintains a balanced pH level in our body that reduces the symptoms of gout magnificently.
It has been seen that apple cider vinegar consistently break down the uric acid content in your bloodstream and prevent them from storing back again. Let’s find out how to utilize ACV in this matter-
- Mix 2 tbsp of raw and organic apple cider vinegar into a cup of drinking water.
- Stir them well with a spoon and drink half of that solution n the morning on an empty stomach.
- After that, keep the rest part in store and drink it after a gap of 10-12 hours on the same
3. Epsom Salt:
Epsom salt is another highly effective method to use against the pain and inflammation of gout. The richness of magnesium and sulfate components find in this organic sodium element provide an instant relief in our gout signs along with diminishing the stiffness, lessen the swelling, relax muscles and eliminate toxins effectively.
The best quality of this organic salt is that you can get an instant effect on the symptoms of gout after using it just once or two times. Let’s check out how to use them effortlessly-
- To use this ingredient in the reduction of joint pain, simply add 2-3 tbsp of Epsom salt into a half bucket of warm water and soak your feet or swelling big toes into that solution.
- You can also mix a cup of Epsom salt into a bathtub fill with lukewarm water and could soak your whole body in that solution.
4. Yoga or Exercises:
Yoga and some mild exercises are a very much effective process in the attempt of gout treatment through homely methods. These types of workouts increase the flexibility of your tissues, bones, and joints as well as promote the blood circulation process effectively.
Some particular yoga steps also capable of to reduce the inflammation, joints pains and in the natural eradicating process of toxins from our body.
It has been observed that people, who exercise or practice yoga daily are less incorporated with gout than the people who don’t! Any cardiovascular exercise is effective in such matter and, for yoga, try out any of the top 4 poses which are more effective on gout symptoms than their other equivalents-
- Triangle or Trikonasana pose
- Pawan Muktasana
- Warrior Pose and
5. Ginger and Garlic:
Ginger and garlic both are root spice and both are equally effective on the signs of gout because of their highly effectual medicinal properties.
The richness of anti-inflammatory properties along with the powerful compounds of antioxidants gives your relief from the swelling sensation and eliminates uric acid proficiently. Let’s see how to utilize these two simple kitchen ingredients to fight back the irritation of gout and to get rid of stored uric acid naturally-
- Mix 4 tbsp of unsweetened milk into a half cup of water first.
- Peel off 2-3 garlic cloves and drop them into that mixture.
- Now, boil that solution for 10 minutes and drink it while it cools down properly.
- You can also eat those 2-3 cloves directly in raw form if you can bear the deep smell of garlic!
- To use ginger, simply add 1 tbsp of grated ginger into 1 cup boiling water and turn the heat off immediately.
- Let it steep there for at least 10 minutes and strain before drinking.
- You can add a small amount of raw honey into this solution to increase its taste.
- Try to consume this solution regularly in empty stomach to get rid of the signs of gout most effectively.
6. Baking Soda:
Baking soda is another highly effective homely ingredient to combat the symptoms of gout.
The beneficial compounds found in this element increase the blood flow in our vessels, balance the pH level and flush out the toxins, strengthen the efficiency of kidneys and prevent uric acids from storing in your tissues. Let’s find out how to apply this thing on gout signs-
- Mix ½ tsp of baking soda in a quarter cup of water and stir them until dissolved properly.
- Now, drink this solution at once on an empty stomach daily and you will get rid of from your swelling sensation joint inflammation shortly.
Kale is loaded with numerous advantageous nutrients like magnesium, zinc, iron, vitamin B, A, B6, E, and K, along with a higher amount of folate.
The richness of acidic content in this leafy green balance the pH level in our body wonderfully, alkaline cells effectively and thus provide an optimistic effect on the gout problem spectacularly. Try to consume this highly beneficial leafy green in your daily salad and get rid of painful joints naturally.
8. Essential Oils:
Essential oils are rich in therapeutic properties which have made them one type of magical method to cure gout effortlessly. The richness of anti-inflammatory properties in essential oils provides an unbelievable instant relief from the sensational inflammation of joint pain.
Basil, clove essential oil, fennel oil, eucalyptus oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, chamomile oil, etc. are some recommendable essential oils in the treatment of gout. Let’s find out how to use them in this matter-
- Take 5-6 drops f your preferable essential oil and mix it with the equal amount of carrier or coconut oil.
- Merge them well and apply the mixture on your painful spot immediately.
- Massage the area with gentle hands and let the oil work there for the rest of the day.
- You can give some warm compress on that spot if you want.
- Try this method twice a day and you will get relief from the symptoms of gout within a month.
9. Lifestyle Changes and Tips for Gout:
Some lifestyle changes could help you spectacularly in this attempt of curing gout naturally. Let’s find out what kinds of habits are beneficial in such cases-
- Eliminate all the foods with pruine properties, whether it is vegetable, fruit or meat,
- Shun those foods immediately which triggers uric acids in your system
- Limit the intake of some high protein foods
- Exercise regularly
- Replace your alcoholic beverages with some healthy drinks
- Start taking care of your joint problems at their initial stage
- Try to apply some home remedies instead of high chemical medicine on your gout signs
- Eat those foods which help to eradicate uric acids from your body.
Take Home Message: Home Remedies to Reduce Uric Acid and Cure Gout