Seborrheic Dermatitis is one type of eczema that occurs in a deterioration or chronic form and affects our scalp & face hugely.
It may hit you for several reasons and demonstrate as dandruff for the foremost times. This disgusting illness mostly incorporates babies under 3-12 months, young adults and old people. Seborrheic Dermatitis could take place after following some unhealthy symptoms on your skin cells, lie oily skin, virus infection, dry scalp, etc.
So, if you want to get rid of this irritation from its roots, then you must try some medications which are effective on its every single symptom! Here we are referring a perfect diet chart for the people with Seborrheic Dermatitis along with some useful home remedies, which will help you to get remedied from this disease naturally. Check them out-
Possible Reasons / Causes
- Poor skin hygiene
- Lack of sleep
- Environmental factors
- Weak immune system
- Any underlying health issue
- Season and condition
- Vata – Kapha dosha ( Ayurveda)
Best Foods for Seborrheic Dermatitis:
It has been seen that many people with Seborrheic Dermatitis symptoms could able to get cured of its ghastly signs with the help of some healthy foods! Thus, here we enlighten your thoughts with some beneficial foods that could aid you proficiently in this attempt of remedying Seborrheic Dermatitis signs clearly, take a look-
- Whole Carbohydrates or foods with complex carbohydrate are one good category to include here, as these types of Carbs help to keep your insulin level normal and reduce the symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis gradually. Brown rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, potatoes, quinoa, etc. are some preferable items here.
- Nutrient dense foods such fresh vegetables, citrus fruits, and seasonal fruits are good to add in your diet list, as they are enriched with various nutrients and strengthen your immune power naturally.
- Healthy fats like coconut oil, fish oil, Chia seeds, avocado, cottage cheese, etc. are some preferable items here, as they balance the healthiness of our skin cells and soothe any type of skin inflammation swiftly.
- Protein rich foods except for the egg are advantageous in Seborrheic Dermatitis symptoms, as they will make you skilled in combating the viral attack Lean meats, legumes, beef liver, and protein supplements are some preferable items here.
- Foods rich in antioxidants are experts to diminish the inflammation and irritation of your skin surface in Seborrheic Dermatitis, thus consuming foods which are rich in antioxidant properties in high amount. Green tea, leafy greens, berry fruits, etc. are some well-known sources of antioxidant properties.
- Vitamin B rich foods like green veggies, some nuts, fortified cereals, and some fruits are essential to fight back the signs of Seborrheic Dermatitis effectively. It has been observed that lack of vitamin B complex lessen your immune power and increasing the viral or bacterial attacks in your body. Thus, try to consume a certain amount of foods which are rich in vitamin B6 in Seborrheic Dermatitis.
- Foods rich in Zinc mineral are one more mentionable criterion here to add to your daily regimen, as it is loaded with anti-inflammatory compounds along with various medicinal properties, which help to lessen the irritation of Seborrheic Dermatitis amazingly. Wheat germ, dark chocolate, pork, oyster, lamb, beans, mushrooms, etc. are some foods which are high in zinc component.
- Foods high in omega-3 fatty acid like walnut, flaxseed, salmon, tuna, sardines, etc. are other beneficial items here that could help you spectacularly in this attempt. This nutrient lends a hand to nourish our skin cells and reduce thousands of skin issues naturally. Consequently, this fatty acid could lessen the risk of Seborrheic Dermatitis attack efficiently.
Foods to avoid in Seborrheic Dermatitis:
There are some foods either which could trigger the signs of Seborrheic Dermatitis and make its symptoms worse than ever! Thus, dermatologists always prescribe to shun those foods which may degenerate the signs of Seborrheic Dermatitis badly. Let’s check out which kinds of foods are dreadful in skin disease-
- Simple carbohydrates like white rice, white bread, white pasta, desserts, pastries, candy, soda, syrups, etc. are hugely health-damaging products which spike the volatile insulin in our body and drive some irritating swelling in our skin cells.
- Dairy products like cow milk, high-fat cheese, sweet yogurt made desserts, butter, margarine, etc. are must-avoidable items in Seborrheic Dermatitis, as they exacerbate the symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis through your disturbing guts.
- Allergen fishes like bass, cod, flounder, shellfish, crab, etc. could instigate some unwanted itchiness and irritation on your skin surface, thus try to lessen them from your daily diet immediately.
- Allergen veggies like eggplant, bell pepper, etc. are some planted components that could initiate similar reaction to your skin and make the Seborrheic Dermatitis totally worst.
- Foods with over protein content such as egg, lobster, red meat, tree nuts, peanut, cashew, etc. could drive some bloating feelings to your gut and trigger the skin irritation eventually.
- Processed foods like pizza, hotdogs, or any readymade foods could originate non-beneficial bacteria in our guts that hamper the digestion and drive some signs of Seborrheic Dermatitis eventually.
- Vegetable oils or any animal fats are bad for Seborrheic Dermatitis, as they could increase the inflammation of itchy skin cells immensely. Sunflower oil, soybean oil, etc. are some must-avoidable items here.
- Caffeine products like coffee, black tea, etc. are another type of harmful category in Seborrheic Dermatitis as they could misbalance the insulin level and lead some skin irritation on your scalp and face.
- Carbonated drinks such as cold drinks, soda, readymade fruit juices etc. are also very bad for Seborrheic Dermatitis, as they could decrease your defending power against bacteria and could hamper your digestive tract hugely.
- Alcohol and yeast foods like beer, wine, whiskey, or bakers’ yeast, brewers’ yeast, etc. are another dangerous element in Seborrheic Dermatitis, as they could raise some inflammation in your guts and make the fungal symptoms hazardous!
Best Home remedies for Seborrheic Dermatitis:
Home remedies could help you even more dynamically in this endeavor of curing Seborrheic Dermatitis completely. The most applauding part of using these household products to get remedied from Seborrheic Dermatitis is that they are rapidly effective and easy to your pocket as well! Let’s check out some top home remedies for Seborrheic Dermatitis below along with their using process-
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar in Seborrheic Dermatitis:
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best methods to use against the fungal attacks of Seborrheic Dermatitis. This component is loaded with magnesium mineral which provides instant calmness on the skin irritation. The malic acid in this product helps to reduce the bacterial effects from your skin cells and prevent them from attacking again by balancing the skin Ph level perfectly. Let’s find out how to use it on Seborrheic Dermatitis infected skin-
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar in 50:50 ratios in a small bowl, as in 2 tbsp of water with 2 tbsp of ACV.
- Now, add 1 tbsp of baking soda into is and stir until smoothen.
- After that, apply this solution on your infected skin and let it soak there for 5-8 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off with normal water and repeat this process consciously one week, until you get the desired outcome!
Use Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is the healthiest fat around us which could benefit the signs of Seborrheic Dermatitis from both internally and externally.
The richness of skincare properties in coconut oil nourish our skin impurities, the antifungal properties fight with fungal issues, anti-inflammatory compounds soothe the skin irritation and antibacterial elements prevent the bacterial assail from hitting back to your skin again.
Use coconut oil instead of other cooking oil to get the benefit of this healthy oil internally, and to use externally, check out the steps as follows-
- Take some melted coconut oil in your palm and rub it finely to make the oil warm enough.
- Now, apply the naturally warmed oil on your itchy scalp and hair evenly or your infected facial area.
- Massage the oil for 2-3 minutes and then let it set there for 40-45 seconds.
- After that, soak a washcloth in warm water and place it on your oil-applied skin for 20 seconds uninterruptedly.
- Now, gently wipe out the oil texture from your skin surface and let the skin dry normally.
Apply Tea Tree Oil:
Tea tree oil is another wonderful method to use against the attack of Seborrheic Dermatitis. The affluence of antifungal and antibacterial properties of this oil has made this product an exclusive component to treat the skin disorders effectively. Let’s find out how to use it in step by step process-
- Take some amount of your regular shampoo into your palm and add a few drops of tea tree oil into it.
- Stir them finely and then, apply the shampoo mixture on your entire hair as well as scalp.
- Now, after a gap of 5 minutes, rinse your hair off with normal water.
- To apply it on your facial skin, merge a few drops of tea tree oil with the equal amount of water.
- Then, apply the mixture on your affected area and wash off after 5-6 minutes with lukewarm water.
Soak in Dead Sea Salt:
Dead Sea Salt is the natural source of magnesium mineral which is skilled to diminish the inflammation of your skin effectively. Thus, it is considered as one of the most effective methods to fight the signs of Seborrheic Dermatitis in an optimistic way. Let’s find out how to use this thing against Seborrheic Dermatitis-
- Merge 1 tbsp of Dead Sea salt into 1 cup of water and stir until it dissolves properly.
- Then, soak a cotton ball in that solution and rub over your Seborrheic Dermatitis infected area gently.
- Now, soak the solution there for 5-7 minutes and then, wash off with clean water.
Relax with Essential Oils:
Essential oils are rich in anti-inflammatory properties along with antioxidant compounds which not only soothe the irritation of your skin but at the same time combat the itching pityrosporum yeast from your cells that causes dandruff and other Seborrheic Dermatitis symptoms. Rosemary oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, nee oil, oregano oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, etc. are some effective essential oils for Seborrheic Dermatitis. Let’s see how to use them against this skin disorder-
How to use
- Mix a few drops of your preferred essential oil with equal amount of carrier oil.
- Stir them evenly and apply the solution on your infected area.
- Wait for 5-01 minutes and then, wash off the pack with warm washcloth gently.
- You can also apply these essential oils by merging them in some warm water.
- After dissolving the oil completely, use the water to wash your infected face and 2-3 times a day.
- Adding some drops of your preferable essential oils into your face or hair pack is a brilliant idea as well to cure the symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis effortlessly.
Nutrient deficiency is a valid reason behind the attack of Seborrheic Dermatitis, doctors say that always keep your diet chart full with adequate vitamins intake, which could escalate your immune power, provide healthy cells naturally and promote the healing properties of your skin proficiently. Vitamin A, B, D, and E are some highly essential vitamins to nourish your skin innately. If you are not sure of the adequate amount of these vitamins through your daily diet then, try to consuming some vitamins supplement regularly to get rid of the signs of skin disorder flawlessly.
Probiotics are one more beneficial category in this matter which heals the skin impurities effectively and balances the acidic or pH level of our skin naturally.
Probiotics are skilled in reducing the itchiness and inflammation of our skin surface, lessening the excessive oiliness from our scalp and resolve the issues of Seborrheic Dermatitis from its roots.
Market-based probiotic items like High Potency Probiotics, Probiotics Complex Quantum, Advanced Adult Probiotic, Coco-Biotic, Probiotic Fruit Drinks, or Probiotic Yogurt all are highly effective in such cases.
Also check buttermilk for hair.
Lifestyle Changes and Tips for Seborrheic Dermatitis:
Unhealthy lifestyle or harmful habits could drive this Seborrheic Dermatitis to your skin, so if you want to get rid of the signs of this skin disorder then, try to follow some healthy habits first to get help in the reduction Seborrheic Dermatitis naturally. Here are some useful tips on how to change your lifestyle to have an optimistic effect on Seborrheic Dermatitis-
- Clean your dead skin cells regularly
- Stay hydrated all the time
- Regular exercise
- Take solid rest / sleep adequately
- Dont skip meals/ eat warm foods
- Avoid left over food
- Reduce excessive dryness naturally
- Lessen the intake of foods which have inflammatory or allergen effects
- Boost your immune power with some powerful nutrients
- Nourish your body adequately
- Treat scalp problem delicately
- Cure eczema or fungal or bacterial effect carefully
- And use some home remedies to get cured of Seborrheic Dermatitis than other medications.
FAQ: Is Sun Good for Seborrheic Dermatitis?
Sun rays provide a high amount of vitamin D with its every bit of gleam and thus, experts say that an enough amount of sun heat could solve numerous skin problems easily!
The UV rays of the Sun play an essential role to inhibit the growth of fungus in our cells and trim down the fungal attack from our Seborrheic Dermatitis infected areas effectively.
Hence, it is superfluous to say that Sun and its ray is obviously good for people who are suffering from Seborrheic Dermatitis. According to the dermatologists, almost 600-2000 IU amount of vitamin D through sunrays are essential to achieving a problem-free skin type.
Pin it for later