Although intestine gas or bloating feeling couldn’t harm us hugely but, consistency in such unhealthiness could drive a discomfort sensation into our digestive tract and often lead to several gastric symptoms like farting, breaking the wind, burping, diarrhea, etc. So, it is necessary to get rid of bloating signs as soon as possible, before it turns wide and uncontrollable!
There are some antacids or liquids medicines available in the market, which could provide us temporary relief, but these medications fail enormously, when it’s come to the matter permanent relief, and home remedies are exactly that thing which aids us in this endeavor. Some particular foods also demonstrate their optimistic affectivity in such attempt. Hence, find out how to combat the signs of bloating and get rid of it naturally, without any chemical based medications-
Best Teas for Bloating:
Some herbal or unusual teas with medicinal properties could exhibit their excellences in this attempt of curing bloating symptoms. These kinds of herbal teas are loaded with loads of antioxidant properties which detoxify our system naturally and wipe out any kind of toxins from our body that often lead to bloating.
These types of teas have shown their affectivity on the causes of bloating as well as its symptoms, whether it is water detention, constipation, indigestion or hormonal disorder. Thus, check out the skillfulness of such products at first, before jumping to the other remedies. Here we are referring top 4 herbal teas, which are more effective on bloating symptoms than their other equivalents, check them out-
Peppermint tea is rich in various medicinal properties along with healing compounds and cool menthol effects, which diminish the analgesic attacks from our intestine, that originate gas or bloating in our body. Let’s see how to prepare this tea easily at home-
- Boil 1 cup of diluted water into a pan, and add 1 tsp of dried peppermint leaves into that water when the water shimmers
- Now, let the leaves steep there for 10 minutes.
- After that duration, strain the tea and add ½ tsp of raw honey into it.
- After stirring them well, drink this solution with small sips and get rid of the symptoms of bloating smoothly.
Ginger is a root spice which is overloaded with lots of medicinal properties along with anti-inflammatory compounds in it every bit, which has made ginger one must-recommendable product in the treatment of intestine disorders. The ginger extract not only boosts our digestion process, but it regulates the bowel movement and thus, resolves bloating symptoms from its roots. Let’s check out how to prepare a cup of tea using this beneficial root spice in step by step methods-
- Add 1 tsp of dried or grated ginger into 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let the thing steep there for 8-10 minutes and then, strain well.
- After adding ½ tsp of organic honey into the solution, stir finely and drink as a regular tea.
Dandelion is the root of common weeds which contains various medicinal properties along with an earthy flavor that works efficiently on every digestive sign stupendously. The high amount of minerals found in this root lessens the water detention in our body, and increase the urination aptitude hugely that drag out all the unwanted junks from our body through the urine. It is also rich in some effective nutrients that work optimistically on bloating signs, like vitamin B complex, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin C, etc. Lets’ see how to prepare this tea in some easy steps-
- Take 1 tsp of dried dandelion root dust and add 1 cup of hot shimmering water.
- Lets it steep there for 5-8 minutes and then strain well into a cup.
- Now, add ½ tsp of freshly extracted lemon juice into that cup.
- Stir ½ of organic honey and combine them well before taking your tea sips.
- You can also use dandelion flowers instead of dandelion roots, but in such cases, you will get rejuvenating effects more vigorously than digestive effect.
Chamomile tea is another wonderful tea recipe to add here in the reduction of bloating naturally. The anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile soothe the irritation of intestine in bloating, the digestive compounds boost your digestive process and the richness of minerals lessen the water detention from our body which all sanguinely work for the reduction of bloating symptoms. It’s relaxing properties also refresh our body and mind amazingly. Let’s check out how to prepare this tea at home-
- At the initial stage, rinse some chamomile flower with cold water.
- Now, add some boiling water into your teapot and add a few apple slices into it.
- After smashing those slices with a ladle, add those flowers and cover the pot properly.
- Now, let the whole thing steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Finally, strain them into a cup and add ½ tsp of raw honey to increase its taste.
- Now all you want is just drink this solution with small sips and you will get rid of the signs of bloating shortly.
Probiotics or Yogurt for Bloating:
Probiotics have a positive effect on bloating symptoms and have shown its effectiveness on the stomach blow up for several times. It has been observed that belly bloating sometimes occurs because of the imbalance of bacteria in our stomach. As probiotic is loaded with good bacteria thus, it shows its magical effects on bloating symptoms and gradually cures them of your tummy. Fortified market-based probiotic supplements could help you spectacularly in this endeavor but, you have to complete a course of two weeks with your chosen probiotic supplement, and there are some criteria available among them, which don’t work properly as expected. That’s why; natural sources of Probiotics are more effective on bloating signs. Try to eat 1 cup of unsweetened low-fat yogurt twice a day after taking your main meals to treat bloating with Probiotics.
Best Foods for Bloating:
Foods play the key role in the treatment of bloating symptoms thus, health experts always insist on choosing your foods wisely that not only digest easily but, at the same time, could resolve the symptoms of indigestion as well. Here we are referring some types of foods which could fit into your daily regimen easily and help your expertly to get rid of the signs of bloating too! Check them out-
- Leafy greens are nutrient dense foods which are low in calorie and high in nutrients. These types of foods absorb the belly gas and swell the stomach irritation effectively by keeping the intestine properly working. Spinach, sprouts, kale, lettuce, etc. are some of those kinds.
- Fiber rich foods are highly beneficial in bloating symptoms as fiber normalize the bowler movement and keep constipation away from your body which reduces the possibilities of gas or bloating immensely! Banana and apples are two must-recommendable items here.
- Whole grain products are one more tolerable category here which is also loaded with high fiber content. These products are basically complex Carbs which take a long while to digest and maintain your appetite wonderfully. Some of the grain products stabilize our blood sugar level as well, thus they influence your digestive tract as well as stomach irritating perfectly. Brown rice, whole grain bread, cereals, oatmeal, etc. are some mentionable items from this category.
- Healthy fats are another great thing to add to your daily diet which basically regarded as the structural fats that don’t store on your body and speed up your digestion noticeably! These fats mostly come with some advantageous fatty acids which absorb gas or bloating signs from your intestine and keep it uninterrupted consistently. Fatty fishes, healthy oils, flaxseeds, Chia seeds, etc. are some preferable items here.
- Antioxidant-rich items are highly demanding in the reduction of bloating symptoms as, the antioxidant is that particular nutrient, which is skilled in the diminution of toxins from our body and thus diminishes the gastric attacks from our stomach effectively. Herbal teas and berry fruits are two mentionable categories here which are considered as the natural sources of antioxidant properties.
- Foods rich in minerals lessen the water detention possibilities from our body and at the same time weaken the stomach sensation that often leads bloating in your tummy. Potassium, mineral, iron, zinc, calcium, and folate are some preferable mineral compounds which are essential in such cases. Cucumber, tomatoes, asparagus, almond, etc. are some preferable items here.
- Water soluble products could help you more spectacularly in this endeavor to control and solve the signs of bloating effectively. It has been seen that hydration washes out belly-bloating sodium, even out our stomach, and appease our digestive tract methodically. That’s why, doctors insist on including some water-soluble items to our daily diet plan, apart from drinking a huge amount of water on a regular basis. Lemon, watermelon, eggplant, celery, etc. are some natural water-soluble products, which are fit to include here.
Besides those above-mentioned criteria, kiwi, lemon water, lemon balm tea, kefir, honeydew, melon, turmeric, salmon, shrimp, etc. are some other valuable items which have shown their high effectiveness on bloating and its symptoms since years.
Home Remedies for Bloating
Baking Soda for Bloating:
Baking soda is the natural source of sodium bicarbonate which absorbs the stomach gas, diminishes the intestine acid and solves all the gastrointestinal disorders swiftly. Thus, this simple kitchen ingredient demonstrates its magical effect on bloating signs spectacularly. The best part about using baking soda in the reduction of bloating is that it works more rapidly than other simple home remedies! Let’s find out how to use this thing to get rid of bloating-
- Add ½-1 tsp of baking soda into a glass of warm water.
- Now, add a pinch of sea salt and a few drops of lemon juice into the water and stir them well.
- Then, drink the solution immediately and you will get relief from the irritating sensation of bloating within 10-15 minutes.
Juice Cleanse Process in Bloating:
Some juices have shown their immense affectivity in the cleanse process of our stomach and that’s why they play the key role in the reduction of belly bloating comparatively any other homely medications! Bloating mostly happens when we consume undue gas in our intestine; these effective juices flush out those gastric signs along with sodium abundance from our belly with their fluidity and hydrate our body naturally at the same time.
Lemon, celery, cucumber, watermelon, blueberry, cranberry, etc. are some preferable items here which could benefit your bloating symptoms hugely. Let’s check out the juice making process of one of these products and treat your stomach irritation expertly at home-
- Get some fresh celery stalks from your garden or buy them from your near market.
- Now, wash them thoroughly and cut them into small pieces.
- Then, place those into your juicer or mixture grinder and grind well.
- After blending them well, take out the whole thing into a huge strainer and set a bowl below that strainer.
- After pushing the whole thing from the top, extract the juice from beneath and hold it carefully into your bowl.
- Then, add an equal amount of diluted water into that raw juice and drink in empty stomach to get rid of the signs of bloating instantly.
Epsom Salt for Bloating:
Epsom salt is another stupendous element to get rid of the bloating signs easily. The sodium quality of this component soaks up the acidic content of our stomach, relax the digestive muscles and cater a laxative outcome on our intestine. It is the best and most natural detoxification method of our body, especially while apply internally. Let’s find out how to use this salt to reduce the symptoms of bloating from our belly naturally-
- Mix 4 tbsp of Epsom salt into 3 cups of water into a jug and stir them
- Now, place that jug into your refrigerator and wait for a few hours.
- Then, take out the solution and add 1-2 tbsp of grapefruit juice along with 1 tsp of olive oil into it.
- After mixing the whole thing smoothly, drink half of the solution before going to bed and the rest part in the next day morning on an empty stomach.
Exercise or Yoga for Bloating:
Exercise and yoga are two magical methods to apply against gastric signs and de-bloating your system naturally. These workouts boots up your digestion process soak up acidic content from our stomach and regulate proper bowel movement uninterruptedly. This way, these workouts resolve all the origins of bloating and wipe out the possibilities of gastric attacks from its root. Any kind of muscles stretching or body movement related exercises are effective in this endeavor, like cardio exercises, aerobics, stretching, etc. Yoga poses are more effective than these exercises, in the attempt of de-bloating your intestine. Let check out top yoga poses to drag out bloating from your belly-
- Wind-relieving pose
- Warrior pose (both I & II)
- Open triangle pose
- Wide legged forward bend C pose
- Downward facing pose
- Bow pose
- Sitting twisted pose
Fennel Seeds for Bloating:
Fennel seeds are one more highly effective item for bloating which is loaded with beneficial volatile oil. This oil is skilled in the clearance of intestinal gas, and in the improvisation of the intestine formation. The anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties of these seeds relax the stomach muscles which speed up its work and reduce gastric effects from our belly instantly. Let’s find out how to use this thing against the attack of bloating-
- Add 1 tsp of dried and grounded funnel seeds into 1 cup of boiling water.
- Now, let them steep there for 6-10 minutes uninterruptedly.
- Then, strain the solution and drink after adding a ½ tsp of organic honey into it.
- You can also chew some fresh fennel seeds after taking a meal to improve the digestive process effortlessly.
Foods to avoid in Bloating:
Apart from all of these attempts avoiding some harmful foods is also essential in the effort of diminishing bloating or gastric attacks from or stomach. Some harmful foods not only originate bloating in our belly but also make it worst sometimes, where neither home remedies nor medicines could give you relief from those unbearable stomach irritations. So, before applying any curing methods, at first eliminate those injurious foods from your eating list. Here is a glimpse of those which drive bloating in your system and make its symptoms most awful than ever-
- Cruciferous veggies
- Root vegetables
- Pulses and beans
- Stone fruits
- Sodium rich foods
- Carbonated drinks
- High-fat dairy products
- Products with artificial sweets
- Rich and spicy foods
- Heavy meats
- Processed and readymade foods
- Fast foods
- Instant foods.
Pin it for later