Lemon and Lemon Peel Home Remedies for Acne
The anti-fungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of lemon peel have brilliantly optimistic effects on acne or a pimple on our face.
We all know how the juice of this citrus fruit works beneficially for skin enhancement, but it is surprising that how the peel of this fruit also benefits our skin from various aspects, especially, to wash out acne or pimples from the skin surface.
The high acidic content of lemon peel, kill the bacteria of acne, flush out the toxic component, and shrink the pores tightly, which eliminates all the possible ways of having acne manually.
Thus, if, you are trying to achieve acne-free clear skin type, then, think twice before throwing the peel of your lemon in your dustbin next time! Now, let’s find out the best way to use this ingredient to fight the signs of acne efficiently-
How to Prepare Dry Lemon Peel:
- Wash and pat dry 3-4 lemons with the help of a soft cloth first.
- Now, grate the peel from whole lemons through grater into a small bowl.
- Place the bowl on a windowsill for a couple of days when it can get at least 5-6 hours of direct sunlight regularly.
- Once you found that the grated peels are dried perfectly, place it in a tight container and store in a dry place.
How to Use:
- Take 1 tbsp of this lemon peel dust in a tiny bowl and mix 1 tbsp of freshly-extract lemon juice into it.
- Pour 2-3 drops of organic honey into it and combine them finely with the help of a toothpick.
- Now, apply this pack carefully around the acne and cover the acne entire with this solution.
- Massage the pack gently around the acne in a circular motion for 1 minute and let the pack work on your acne for 5-6 minutes.
- After the precise duration rinses off the pack from your acne and wash the face with normal water.
- Let your skin breathe for half an hour and keep it untouched to let dry normally for that duration to get the best effective result in curing acne through this dried peel pack.
Lemon Peel Face Masks for Acne:
Lemon peel contains a high amount of citric acid in its every bit along with some antifungal and astringent properties, which make this component a spectacular product to treat acne or pimples.
Also, the microbial properties found in lemon peel treat the excessive oil from our skin cells and effectively reduce acne by killing its bacterial effect skillfully.
The most amazing part of using the lemon peel to treat acne it that it not only help to get rid of these skin problems completely but, gradually lighten and wipe out its scar as well!
Let’s check out top 3 face mask using lemon peel as the key ingredient to getting remedied from acne permanently-
Lemon peel with Sandalwood:
- Mix 1 tsp of lemon peel powder with 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder with diluted water.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of fresh lemon juice into it and whisk them well to make a smooth paste.
- Now, apply that past eon your entire face, especially the acne prone areas with a thick layer and let it dry there.
- Once the pack seems dried properly, soak a cotton ball into rosewater, and gently wipe the pack off from your face.
Lemon Peel with Multani Mitti and Rosewater:
- Mix 1 tsp of lemon peel powder with ½ tbsp of Multani mitti, and soak them in 1 tbsp of rosewater.
- Then combine the ingredients well with the help of your fingertips and make a fine paste.
- Now, apply this paste on your face and keep the motion upward while applying.
- After a gap of 20 minutes, wash off the pack with cold water and apply some light moisturizer immediately.
Lemon Peel with Neem for Acne:
- Add ½ tbsp of lemon peel powder with ½ tbsp of neem leaves powder in 2 tbsp of diluted water and prepare a smooth paste.
- Add 3-4 drops of honey into the mixture and whisk the whole thing for the final time.
- Now, apply it on your face and cover the areas where acne usually appears.
- Let the pack dry completely or wait for half an hour and then, rinse off with normal water.
- If you want a rapid effect on acne then, try out this pack 2-3 times a week and you will get an acne-free flawless skin type soon, within a month.
Lemon with Honey for Acne:
Lemon has a huge amount of antibacterial and anti-microbial properties, while honey is loaded with anti-inflammation compounds which work remarkably when merge together!
Good extracts of lemon like vitamin P, L-ascorbic acid, etc. benefit our skin cells and prevent the bacterial effect from our skin which is the main reason for getting acne. Let’s see how to use them to kill and restore skin from acne–
- At first, squeeze the juice from ½ of one lemon and stir with 1 tsp of raw honey into it.
- Now, wash your face, pat dry and take a steam for 2-3 minutes to open up your skin cells.
- Then, apply the premade solution on your cleared face with a single coat and let it dry there for the next half an hour.
- After that, rinse the pack off with cool water and pat dry gently.
- Apply this process twice a week and you will get an acne-free face soon.
Lemon and Baking Soda for Acne:
Baking soda is another magnificent item to amalgamate with lemon juice, especially when it’s come to the matter of acne.
Lemon diminishes the attack of bacteria or harmful germs from our skin with its antiseptic properties and baking soda balance the pH level of our skin along with exfoliating the dirt, pollution, dead cells, bacteria, etc. from cells naturally. Let’s check out how to use them jointly-
- At first, take 1 tsp of each baking soda and diluted water into a small bowl.
- Now, mix them well and apply it on your acne-prone area.
- Then, gently rub it around the acne to exfoliate the germs and rinse off carefully after a few minutes of rubbing.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the pack to get a better effect and pat dry very gently.
- Try this method for2-3 times a week to get rid of acnes shortly.
Pinterest: Save it for later