Dry feet are one of the commonest problems that most of the people face, especially during the winter season. The skin type on our feet is generally dry, and if we will not tackle it wisely, this condition leads to a cracked condition, which we never desire! Sometimes, these cracked feet start to bleed and give us an unbearable painful reaction whenever we move our legs or feet. Thus, it is essential to take proper care the dry condition of our feet, before it becomes out of our hand, right? You may find numerous creams or lotions that could smoothen dry skin type of your feet, but if you want to cure this problem of its root and in a natural way then, try out one of these below-mentioned home remedies to control any sort of dry feet condition fluently, let’s take a look-
Home Remedies for Dry Feet:
1. Foot Soak:
Soaking your feet would be a brilliant idea to rejuvenate the feet and control the additional dryness of your skin. Well, you can definitely take a commercial foot bath from any expensive beauty salon, but trust me that would be very good for your wallet! As this kind of commercial foot bath claims a lot of fees which would not be possible for most of the people. One the other hand, by preparing your own foot soak, you can alter the ingredients according to your own choice and have this effective service within your affordable cost! Let check one functional foot soak recipe for dry feet-
One soft absorbent towel, a huge heat resistant bowl with wide surface, 6 gallons of warm water, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 tbsp of baking soda, 5 drops of flower based essential oil, a few petals of fresh aromatic flowers like rose or chamomile and a light moisturizer cream to use after completing the process.
- At first, lay the towel on the floor where you are going to soak your feet to avoid any kind of damages for wet feet or water on the floor.
- Now, fill the container 2/3 full with warm water and one cup of oatmeal into the water.
- Then, add the baking soda and stir them well until they absorbed completely in the water.
- After that, add the essential oil to give a mesmerizing fragrance after the foot bath.
- Now, spread some petals of a flower and dip your feet into the water and keep it dip for at least 20 minutes or until the water goes cold.
- Finally, take your feet out of the water and soak it up with the towel very gently.
- Apply that moisturizing cream immediately and see the amazing difference of your feet after this easy yet effective foot soak!
2. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is another mentionable element that works excellently for any kind of skin problems, particularly the dry feet problem. This product only controls the extra dryness from the feet surface but at the same time, exfoliate the dirt, fight the fungal infection and moisturize the skin with natural nourishment. Thus, coconut oil is immensely used to treat the cracked heels and soften the dry feet. Let’s check out the right procedure of using this product-
To make a coconut oil pack to treat the dry feet take 30 grams of brown sugar, 100 grams of melted coconut oil, ½ tbsp of lemon essential oil, and one small mixing bowl.
- Take all the ingredients one by one into the bowl and combine them well by using your fingers.
- Now, put the mixture into an airtight container until it gets prepare to apply.
- Generally, the mixture gets ready after 20 to 24 hours.
- After that certain period, take 1 tbsp of this mixture and use it as a scrubber on your feet, before taking a bath.
- Then, rinse it off with plain water and toweling down to soak it appropriately.
Listerine is one more wonderful component to control the extra dryness of our feet, apart from callouses, warts, fungus and other feet problems. Generally, this product uses as a foot soak ingredient and works magnificently to pamper your feet in a gentle way and lends a hand in attaining healthy foot. Let’s check out the utilizing process of this item below-
Take ¼ cup of Listerine mouthwash, ½ cup warm water, 1 big plastic tub where both or your feet could fit comfortably without overflowing the water and a gentle absorbent pad or towel.
- Take all the ingredients into the plastic tub with warm water and combine them well.
- Now, sit down on a tool, dip both of your feet into the water and relax for the next half an hour.
- Then, use a loofa (soft scrubber) to rub the wet feet gently to take out the dead skin cells from your feet.
- Now rinse the foot well with water and dry it up with the pad.
- You can repeat this treatment two times a day to get the best result.
4. Best Lotion:
Lotion or any sort of moisturizing cream can help you even more dynamically to heal the cracks on heels and control the dryness from the feet. Commercial lotions for controlling dry skin are easily accessible from the market as we all know but, they claim a bit high price, and some of these products even don’t suit every skin type without problems. Consequently, a homemade lotion to control dry feet would definitely be a wonderful solution for such crisis! Let’s check out how make it at home-
To make an effective lotion for dry feet, take one tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, a few drops of lemon oil, one small mixing bowl and one airtight container.
- Take both the ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir them well with your finger.
- Then, let them merge with each other until they form a thick lotion of cream and then pour it into the airtight container.
- Now, whenever you feel a little dryness on your feet, apply this lotion and let it work for the rest of the day.
- Never forget to shake the bottle before every use and apply twice daily to get rid of the dryness of feet.
Also read home remedies for dry scalp.
Vaseline is another superb element to use against dry skin type, especially the dry feet section. Use can apply this thing directly on the dried area in a raw form or amalgamate this product with some other effective components to get a better result. Let’s check out one of the best solutions to get remedy from this dry feet condition using Vaseline in the preparation, take a look-
To make an effective Vaseline pack take one tbsp of Vaseline, juice from a whole lemon, one spoon, and small mixing bowl.
- At first, take the mixing bowl and pour both the ingredients into the bowl one by one.
- Now, whisk them with a spoon until they make a thick or milky paste of it.
- Then, wash your feet and pat them dry completely.
- After that, apply this pack on the entire feet, particularly on the heels before going to bed to work out the pack for the whole night!
- Now, wear a woolen sock if possible to lock the moisture for the foremost times.
- Wash it off on the next day with a little warm water, while taking a bath.
6. Epsom salt:
Epsom salt is a highly beneficial element to control the dryness from our feet and at the same time benefits our skin by exfoliating it from inside. Hence, this excellent component clears the dead cells from the surface and moisturizes the place as well. You can use this product into the foot bath process instead of an oatmeal product to get the similar or rather say, the most effective upshot on the dry feet. Here is another usage of Epsom salt apart from the typical foot bath recipe, which will help you in the same way, take a look-
Take 2 cups of Ultra Epsom salt, some ounces of warm water, ½ cup of baby oil, 2 drops of peppermint essential oil, one small bath tub, a foot brush and a gentle towel to absorbed the wetness from your feet.
- Mix the ingredients into the water, after pouring them in the tub and combine them very well.
- Now, dip both of your feet and let the dry skin wet for a few minutes.
- After that, take the brush and rub away the entire foot, especially around the heel section.
- After that, add the essential oil into the water and let your feet relax by drawing them in the tub for a few more minutes.
- Now all you need just, take out the feet, dry it up and apply some heavy moisturizer on both the feet immediately.
7. Essential Oil:
We usually use essential oil to get beautiful fragrance or aromatic quality in a pack as several home remedy packs contain different types of essential oil. But did you know that this product also works to heal the foot cracks and control the feet dryness amazingly! Any kind of essential oil works for many dry skin based troubles like reabsorbing the sebum, growing new skin cells, rejuvenating the whole skin type, etc. So let’s check out one homemade pack that is made from different types of essential oils and acts spectacularly on the dry feet sections.
To make such pack take, 1 tbsp of rose-hip seed oil, 5 tbsp of apricot kernels oil, 3 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of rose oil, 2 drops of geranium oil, 2 drops of palmarosa oil and one small mixing bowl along with a 2-ounce glass container.
- Take all the ingredients into the bowl and stir them well with a toothpick until you get a smooth and milky paste of it.
- Now pour the mixture into the container and place it in a cool and dark place to store.
- Apply this mixture on your feet daily at night and let it work for the rest of night until sunrise.
- In the morning, you will feel an amazing smoothness on your feet after a few uses of this pack; just don’t forget to shake the jar before each use.
You can also use essential oils to get rid of foot corn.
Honey is another mind-blowing ingredient to managing the dryness of feet and moisturizes them in an organic way. We all know how raw honey performs greatly to heal the crack heels and prevent the dehydration of skin; let’s check this quality out one more time with this effective honey pack for dry skin-
To make this pack you will need 1 cup of organic honey, 1-2 tbsp of milk, juice from a whole orange, a mixing bowl, an airtight container, and a foot file or pumice stone.
- Warm up the honey slightly in your microwave oven, at the initial stage.
- Now, add the milk into the warm honey and stir them well.
- After that, combine the orange juice and stir for the one last time.
- Now, pour the mixture into the container and keep it in a cold place to let it cool down perfectly before use.
- Then, rub the foot, especially the heel areas with the foot file and after that apply this cream on the entire foot.
- Leave this pack on for the next 45 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
9. Petroleum jelly:
Petroleum jelly is one more mentionable object to work against dehydration of feet. This thing normally apply directly on the dry skin to provide an instant oily content to the surface, but this mention pack will work even better than the raw petroleum jelly on the dryness of your feet, let’s take a look-
To make this pack you will need, 1 tbsp of petroleum jelly, ½ tbsp of glycerin, and a toothpick along with a small mixing bowl.
- Amalgamate all the ingredients together, after pouring them in the bowl.
- Use a toothpick to stir them well and then, apply on the dry feet.
- Now let it on overnight to work for an n extended period and wear a pair of sock if possible to lock the moisture in during the whole working period.
- Do apply this process 3 to 4 times a week and you will get rid of extra dryness from your feet soon!
10. Apple Cider Vinegar Gel:
Apple cider vinegar gel would be another superlative product to control the dehydration from your feet. One of the uncountable benefits of apple cider vinegar is the act of managing dryness from the skin surface. Let’s check out the gel making procedure which performs most excellently on the dry skin of foot-
To make this pack, take ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp of organic Aloe Vera gel and a toothpick along with a container with a lid.
- Now take both the ingredients into the container and combine well with the toothpick.
- Then, take ½ tbsp of this pack and apply on the whole feet gently.
- After that set the lid air-tightly and let the gel work for moisturizing the skin overnight.
11. Almond Oil:
Last but one of the best ingredients for dry skin type is almond oil, and you can make various effective packs for fighting the dry skin type on your feet. Let’s take one of the most effective packs of this element below-
Take 1 tbsp of paraffin wax, 1/3 cup of almond oil, a microwave safe bowl and an airtight container.
- At first, grate the wax into the bowl and warm it up for 30 seconds at low heat.
- Now, add the almond oil and warm them up again for the next 30 to 40 seconds in medium heat.
- After that, take out the bowl and stir them up with a toothpick.
- Then, let them cool down and pour into the container.
- Now, apply this pack every time after getting a foot scrub and leave overnight to get the best outcome of it.
How to Prevent Dry Feet?
It is better to get the prevention previously than, applying remedies, isn’t it? Thus, we will recommend you to be relevant with some healthy habits to prevent the dry skin, before it hits on your feet! You just need to validate a few things to get rid of this trouble and these are, drinking lots of water regularly, rinse off feet with clean water, using gentle towel to pat dry every time you are soaking up, using pumice on your feet at least once in a week, applying moisturizing cream every time after scrubbing feet, wearing cotton socks at night after using foot moisturizing cream, exfoliate feet monthly, etc.