Kidney stones are one kind of firm crystalline mineral substance that forms into small stones within the tract of the kidney of human’s body. It may happen for several reasons, but eating habit is the most influencing thing here, which could affect having or curing kidney stones hugely!
Scroll to bottom for take home message in simple steps.
If you don’t tackle this disease properly, it might give you ache in your abdomen, flank or groin frequently. Diet it the most sharpen weapon here to combat this trouble swiftly.
Thus, here we have come up with a few recommendable diet ideas along with some simple home remedies, which not only lessen the possibilities of having kidney stones in your near future but, also help you spectacularly, even if you already have infected by this disease! Let’s check them out precisely-
Best Diet Chart to Prevent Kidney Stones:
It is always better to consult a doctor before treating your kidney stones, but once you get remedied from such tones through operation, it doesn’t’ mean that you are completely cured!
In fact, here comes the most delicate part of caring yourself as well as your kidney by maintaining a perfect diet chart. Let’s see how it should be-
- Low protein in your food is a good way to manage your kidney stone, as much amount of protein; especially, the animal protein could drive your kidney towards a dangerous outcome, particularly those have the uric acid stones!
- Limit the amount of sodium in your daily food, as salt could increase the possibilities of initiating stones in the kidney, especially, when you have calcium phosphorus stone.
- Reduce the number of foods which are high in oxalate, especially when you have calcium oxalate stones. Frozen fruits or vegetables, whole grain, milk, nuts, seeds, etc. are those kinds which have oxalate content in high amount.
- Calcium rich foods are highly essential for dealing with a kidney stone, like milk (fat-free), low-fat dairy products, tofu, soy and rice drinks, etc.
- Drink ample of water daily which helps superbly to lower the risk of having kidney stones. A plenty of water aids for cleansing our system and flushes out of the toxins from our body. According to the health experts, almost 2½-3 litters’ water is necessary daily for an adult human being!
- Plant base protein is a bit helpful here to manage the kidney problem smoothly. Lentils, peas, beans, tofu, seeds, etc. are some of those kinds. But don’t take these items in high quantity if you have a uric acid problem, as uric acid could bring some stones in your kidney as well!
- A detox diet is a spectacular way for cleansing your kidney stones naturally, thus, a few modern age health experts insist on including Detox diet in the curing process of kidney stones. lemon juice, cranberry juice, etc. are some beverages cum natural Detox diets, which could detoxify stones from your kidney innately.
- Nutrient supplements are one great substitute for handling your kidney stones professionally; thus, try to include a few beneficial vitamin and mineral substitutes in your regular diet. Vitamin B, vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acid, folate, calcium, iron, etc. are some essential nutrients in such case.
However, remember that kidney stones have four types of patterns like calcium phosphate stone, uric acid stone, cystine stone and calcium oxalate stone.
So your diet chart always should be made with the type of your kidney stone, as different sort of diet suits a different type of kidney stone!
Related link: How to prevent kidney stones through diet – webmd
How to prevent kidney stones with lifestyle and food changes
- Drink more water
- Take you calcium as low levels may result in increased oxalate levels
- Avoid the list of foods which help in stone formation
- Limit your red meat intake and animal protein
- Reduce your sodium intake, opt for low sodium diet
ref: how to reduce kidney stones risk with dietary changes – nutrition facts.
Best Foods for Kidney Stone:
As the chances of having kidney stone depend on your feeding habits, thus it is essential to finalize your daily foods according to that necessity!
The possibility of kidney stones changes in how much protein, calcium, oxalate or sodium you take in a daily basis, so choose those items which are rich in beneficial nutrients among them and shun those which are harmful to your health.
Beans, dried peas, peanuts, green vegetables, beet, fresh fruits, soy foods, tofu, soy milk, almond, almond butter, walnut, pistachios, sunflower seeds, low-fat milk, Greek yogurt, dark chocolate, black tea, spinach, other leafy greens, wheat bran, rhubarb, legumes, lentils, etc. are some healthy items to incorporate into your daily diet in the prevention of kidney stone.
Depending on these abovementioned methods of diet and best food, let us show you a precise eating order, which will help you spectacularly in this endeavor-
- Try to start your day with wheat bran stuff and include some advantageous dry fruits here along with the low-fat dairy product.
- In the middle part, you can take some fresh fruits as well as fruit juices to give your system a boost and detoxify the toxin from your system.
- Take as many leafy greens and fresh vegetables as you can in your lunch pack and merge it with some tasty salads. Remember that salads won’t taste good without a little touch of salt, thus use some tossing here to make your salad delicious in a healthy way!
- Legumes or lentils could assist you here brilliantly and finish your meal with fatless
- In the evening, take some light snacks like peanuts, walnut, popcorn with almond butter along with a cup of black tea.
- For dinner, salads, boiled-vegetables, lentils, and yogurt could make a wonderful meal platter for you.
Keep in mind that empty stomach for too long could bring as many problems as taking harmful foods in the curing process of kidney stones.
Thus, no matter you follow how much strict diet in your treatment course but, always remember to eat frequently and keep the intestine busy all the time. As because, several studies claim that the gastrotrich acids, that come from empty stomach often lead stone in our kidney.
Getting rid of kidney stones and preventing recurrence is not so hard as you think – mercola.
Foods to Avoid in Kidney Stones:
Following those diet orders or having a precise food habit couldn’t provide you relief from the possibilities of having kidney stones until you shun some harmful foods from your regular list. Let’s check out some must avoidable foods in such matters-
- high sodium foods
- processed red meat
- grapefruit juice
- injected poultry
- fast foods
- fatty dairy products
- sweetened foods
- creamy bakery products
- animal based protein
- oily fries
These are some must avoidable items from your eating list and one bit of these products could harm you hugely in this endeavor of curing kidney stone naturally.
Most of these products are bad for your health because they act as diuretic supplements, which could make your system dehydrate gradually and no amount of fluid intake could help you then from preventing stone in your kidney tract!
Foods to avoid if you have kidney stone – niddk.nih.gov
Self care foods to avoid and what to take on and how to prevent kidney stones – Healthlink.
Also avoid having hot food and soups in plastic bowls/melamine bowls, as it may increase chances of kidney stones – dailymail.
Best Yoga Poses for Kidney Stones:
Yoga is an external process to handle the kidney stone proficiently and prevent the possibilities of having them in your kidney again.
Almost 6-7 effective asana methods we have on our hands which could help to flushes out the waste products through urine and avert them from turning into stones.
Here we are referring top 3 yoga process among them; those are regarded as the most effective asana for kidney stone, check them out-
- Bhujangasana is an effective yoga process which is also known as cobra pose that solves several problems by stretches the kidney and cleanses the blockage. In this asana, you need to lie down on your abdominal and pull your torso up by facing the head upside on the strength of your both hands.
- Ustrasana is another useful yogasana that is also known as camel pose. It aids to send fresh blood flows in your organs, oxygenating and detoxifying them naturally, and this way eases the symptoms of kidney stone as well as prevent them from coming back again! In this asana, you need to sit on your knees on the mat and place your hands on your hips. Now, hold both of your feet with your palms, see upside by facing the ceiling and keep keens & shoulder in same lines.
- Anulom Vilom is the best asana for them, who don’t want to give much physical effort yet desire to solve kidney problems through yogasana! It is basically a breathing exercise which helps to detoxify our body naturally! In this asana, all you need to do is just sit in Padmasana pose, place one hand on your keens, and the other one on your nose. Now inhale and exhale deeply and keep changing the direction of your head as per the direction of your nose-side. As in keeping your head on the right side if you are closing the right nose with your finger and inhaling through your left nose-side or switch the position as required.
suggested link: Yoga poses and tips for kidney stones prevention and relief – yoga international.
Also learn five yoga poses which help kidney in better functioning – Chatelaine.
Best Exercise for Kidney Stones:
Exercise is another commendable way to solve kidney stone problem manually. Because, exercise keep us fit, prevent us from being overweight, and thus, it innately flushes out the waste materials from our kidney tract.
Choose to do fitness exercises like cardio workouts, skipping, cycling, small weight lifting or aerobics for treating kidney stones. Because such exercises promote HGH syndrome that helps for muscles loss and keep your body healthy without any unwanted wastages.
Just give 20-30 minutes from your daily schedule to do such fitness exercise and you can keep yourself away from the chances of kidney stone certainly!
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones:
Here are top 5 home remedies which could lend a hand in the treatment of kidney stone, take a look-
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is a true friendly component to reduce the possibilities of having a kidney stone, which flushes out the toxins and prevents stones from building up in your kidney tract. Let’s see how to use it-
- Add tbsp of organic vinegar in 8 oz of filtered water and shake them well.
- Now, drink this solution frequently throughout the entire day, instead of your regular drinking water.
- Or you can take the half solution before your day meal and the rest half before taking the main meal at the night, but make sure that you drink this solution on empty stomach to get its’ best outcome!
Cranberry is one of the stupendous methods of treating kidney stone naturally. The richness of several good nutrients of this berry fruit help to run a flawless urine tract in human.it prevents any kind of disorder from our kidney.
It mostly swift the tube which carries urine from kidney to bladder, and this way solve the problem from having stones from its root! Let’s see how to use it-
- Firstly, choose some fresh and fully ripe cranberry and wash them clearly.
- Now, blend them in your food processor and strain the juice inside the beverage.
- Now all you need is just drink this juice in your empty stomach and keep your kidney stone free as long as you can!
Parsley is a leafy green vegetable which contains several beneficial nutrients, but it works in a completely different way when we use this green for treating a kidney stone.
The goodness of parsley unclog the toxin from our system and reduce the chances of having stones from our kidney. Let’s see the unique way to use parsley for kidney stone-
- Boil one cup filtered water in a saucepan and add 2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley leaves into it.
- Now, simmer the whole thing for 5-10 minutes and turn the heat off.
- Then, cool down the broth and add some drops of fresh lemon juice along with 1 tbsp of raw honey.
- Stir all the ingredients once and drink the solution like regular tea.
Ginger tea is beneficial is various fields and it is not exceptional here as well!
The natural content of this root spice helps to dissolve kidney stones. Reduce the pain of kidney along with detoxifies our system naturally.
Let’s see how to make this tea at home-
- Add 1½-2 cups of water in a saucepan and heat it up over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Then, add 1 tbsp of grated-ginger spice or dried ginger along with 1tsp of turmeric powder into the water.
- Now let the water boil for 7-10 minutes and lower the heat a little.
- After that add a 3-4 tbsp of raw and unsweetened milk and turn the heat off.
- After removing the pan from your gas oven, add a few drops of lemon juice and stir them well.
- Now all you need just strain the tea through a strainer and drink once cool down properly.
5. Essential Oil:
Essential oils also leave a recommendable effect on the curing process of kidney stones naturally. Some of the essential oils are good to work internally while a few work externally to cure kidney stones innately.
In both cases, they lend a hand to reduce the bacteria in our urinary tract that help to keep kidney stones, infection or other kidney disorders away from our organ. Let’s how to use the best essential oil for kidney stone-
- If you are going to use essential oil externally then, lime oil is the best item for you.
- In that case, take 30 ml coconut oil along with 2 drops of lime oil and massage it on your abdomen finely in a regular basis.
- For taking an essential oil internally, lemon oil is one brilliant item.
- Mix 2 drops of lemon oil in a glass of distilled water and combine them well.
- Now, drink this in empty stomach or stir it in your daily beverage and take regularly.
Take Home Message in Pictures
1. Drink Homemade Lemonade
2. Drink more water and consume healthy fluids
3. Do regular exercise and practice yoga which keep the fluids moving
4. Avoid soda and high sugar foods
5. Avoid processed foods
6. Reduce high protein animal products
7. Add fiber to your diet
8. Get enough sleep (at-least 8 hours if you ask me)
9. Keep your blood pressure under control
10. Avoid red meat until your back to normal
11. Strictly say to hot foods in plastic or melamine bowls
12. Reduce your green leafy veggies intake and foods rich in oxalate
If have any suggestion regarding kidney stones or tried any on of these previously, add you valuable comment. We would love to hear from you.