Nausea or morning sickness is a nuisance for anyone and it bothers the utmost women during their pregnancy period, along with a few people with a weak stomach. You know the worst part of this trouble is that there is no particular medication we have in our hand, which could cure this illness completely!
But, it doesn’t mean that you have to bear this irritation throughout your whole life or the entire pregnancy session if you are incorporated with this morning sickness! There almost plenty of alternative remedies is available in our hand, which could aid us to combat this illness naturally.
Let’s check out some of those remedies below along with a precise suggestion on your eating order, which could act beneficial in this attempt-
1. Essential oils for Morning Sickness:
Aromatherapy is an effective method to treat morning sickness positively, as it has been observed that aromatherapy could pacify our stomach by smoothing the digestion system and provide a relaxation to our entire organs.
Essential oils are the key ingredient of this method thus, they are considered as one of the boons for curing morning sickness efficiently. Let’s see how to use them in this procedure-
- Take 2 drops of lavender oil along with 2 drops of sandalwood oil and merge them with some fractionated coconut oil. Now, merge them onto your abdomen regularly for a few minutes.
- Pour one drop of peppermint oil under your tongue and then rubbed on your abdomen or the bottom part of your feet for a few minutes.
- To use essential oils internally, mix 2 drops of ginger oil and 2 drops of lemon oil. Now, merge them into the water with honey or stevia and take it in the morning.
- You can also pour in some drops of grapefruit or peppermint oil into a diffuser by your bed. Place it there for the whole night and you will get up with a less effect of nausea for sure!
Essential oils which help you ease pregnancy – young living
Peppermint oil and lavender oil could help you get relief from morning sickness, nausea – olivia
2. Yoga for Morning Sickness:
The irritating feeling of nausea in our stomach could get relieved by some effective yoga process. Thus, the foremost health experts advise trying these yoga asanas to fight the symptoms of nausea.
The most applauding part of applying yoga to treat morning sickness it that it caters a positive effect on every single sign of morning sickness, while the other methods are functional on some particular symptoms! Let’s check out top two poses among those yoga asanas which are tremendously functional on nausea-
- Adho Mukha Swastikasana is the simplest yogasana which could be applied any time a day, even when you are suffering from nausea! This asana work so rapidly that brings you an instant abdominal relief within 10 minutes of doing this pose! In this asana, you need to sit on your hips first on the floor by crossing-legged position. Now, bend your body forward at an angle of 45 digress, rest your arms on a sitting object in front of you and keep the head downside by keeping your eyes close.
- Viparita Karani is another easy yoga that could be performed effortlessly, without too much of physical effort. This asana keeps your organs relaxed and soothes your abdomen irritation swiftly. In this asana, you need to lie first on a mat near a wall and rise up your legs up to the wall. Try to stretch your legs and sitting bones straight against the wall and hold this position for 7-8 minutes. Get back to the normal position and repeat this process for at least half an hour.
How yoga can help you with your morning sickness – Huffingtonpost
3. Best Foods for Morning Sickness:
Well, foods play a significant role in this endeavor of fighting morning sickness off, as the stomach is the source of all the symptoms of nausea! Consequently, some foods could definitely bring you relief here from the unforgettable feelings of morning sickness.
Nutrients are able to combat any kind of illness in our body, and it is not exceptional here as well! Thus, a plate full of vegetables, fruits, and nutrition rich foods could help you spectacularly in this attempt. Try out these below-mentioned items in your daily diet to control the nausea trouble naturally-
- Raw vegetable
- Cold foods like veg-sandwiches
- Blend foods like soups
- Baked foods
- Seasonal fruits
- Green leafy veggies
- Colorful vegetable
- Cucumber juice
- Oats-made biscuits
Apart from these, you can also try to include some less-oily crackers, Jell-O, flavored popsicles, lemon, ginger, pretzel, and boiled vegetables in your daily diet to treat the symptoms of nausea proficiently.
4. Magnesium for Morning Sickness:
Magnesium could provide you an unbelievable relief from the signs of morning sickness and could give you a permanent relief gradually. Though nausea originally occurs from the disorder of digestive tract, yet an external therapy with magnesium could give us a magical effect on the abdomen irritation.
According to the medicated studies, morning sickness happens when our body is exhausted with requiring vitamins or minerals, and magnesium could maintain the proper balance in our body at that moment.
Probably that why, it is considered as a godsend component to several pregnant women, who suffer nausea during their first trimester. Let’s see how to utilize this nutrition in such matters-
- To apply magnesium therapy, spread ½ cup of Epsom salt in your bathing tub and then, fill it up with lukewarm water.
- After that, soak your body in an Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes.
- After patting dry your entire body with a soft wash towel; rub a dime-sized amount of magnesium lotion on your calves and let it work there for throughout the day long.
- Apply these two methods daily, and you will get permanent relief from this disgusting feeling of nausea shortly!
Suggested meals snacks and tips for morning sickness during pregnancy – American Pregnancy.
How to prevent morning sickness with magnesium and vitamin B6 – mama baby love
5. Lifestyle Changes and Tips for Morning Sickness:
Apart from these few home remedies, you can also try some simple tips to get rid of the signs of morning sickness cleverly. They are as follows-
- Try to get a little earlier than your regular time and start taking your first meal immediately after leaving the bed. because, as long as you keep your stomach busy, you can keep yourself away from the vomiting tendency of morning sickness!
- Always maintain a slow and steady speed to get out of you bed, as any kind of shakiness in your abdomen in the morning could trigger the symptoms of nausea instantly!
- Drink plenty of water half an hour before taking you big meals, and skip drinking water during meals. It will help to slow down the speed of your digestive tract and prevent your stomach from being too full or too empty after completing your meal.
- Include as much fluid in your daily diet as you can, because they will prevent your system from being dehydrated.
- Take small and frequent meals, instead of large and extended meals.
- Sleep sufficiently and try not to wake more than once, throughout the entire night.
- Avoid any flavored food that may give you burping later, as these types of items make the nausea symptoms even worse!
- Try to avoid being in hot or warm place, especially during the day time, as it could increase you morning sickness symptoms heavily.
Have more questions on morning sickness during pregnancy? – acog
6. Vitamin B6 for Morning Sickness:
Vitamin B6 is a highly beneficial nutrient to combat the morning sickness normally. It is mainly effective on the symptoms of nausea which occur during the first trimester of pregnancy, thus several gynecologists prefer to increase the intake of vitamin B6 vitamin during this period!
As per the suggestions of health experts, 50 mg of vitamin B6 supplement is effective for the goodness of curing morning sickness. However, you can take some natural sources of this nutrient in your regular food.
Bran, pistachio nuts, tuna, liver, turkey, lean beef, etc. are some foods which could provide an adequate amount of vitamin B6 after being cooked. Dried fruits, banana, avocado, etc. are some more items which could cater this vitamin naturally.
How to use vitamin B6 for pregnancy morning sickness signs and combat it with simple tips – Healthline
Vitamin B6 food sources and benefits ( but some B6 rich source may cause bloating) – live science
7. What to Eat for Morning Sickness:
We have already narrated above about some best foods to deal with the symptoms of morning sickness naturally. This time let us suggest you a few items which could wipe out the main reason of nausea from your torso.
- Protein and fat saturated foods, as they work superbly to stabilizing blood sugar and reducing nausea steadily. Eggs, fatty fish, lamb, lean beef, etc. are some of those kinds.
- Vitamin A is good for combat nausea, so include such items which are naturally rich in vitamin A nutrient like, sweet potato, lettuce, dried apricot, bell pepper, squash, carrots, etc.
- Vitamin D and E are two other beneficial items to fight the symptom of morning sickness. Egg yolk, Swiss cheese, sardines, beef liver, cereals, yogurt, spinach, almond, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, etc. are some of those types.
- Raw milk is another good thing for morning sickness, but try to drink it in cold condition.
- Bone broth is a wonderful thing to eat for the would-be mother as it is a calcium-rich product that could provide an adequate amount of magnesium to our body as well!
- Vitamin B12 is another efficient nutrient here that could help you stupendously in this endeavor of battling nausea signs. Thus try to incorporate scallops, fatless yogurt, shrimp, venison, salmon, sardines, etc. in your regular diet which is the natural source of vitamin B12.
8. Foods to Avoid in Morning Sickness:
Our stomach turns extra sensitive during the period of the first trimester of pregnancy and a tiny wrong step could ruin our entire day with several health issues.
The possibilities of such delicacy increase itself when you have the issue of morning sickness! Some hard-to-digest food could leave some undigested gastric effects in your stomach.
Which make the symptoms of nausea even worse than ever, thus it is better to avoid these foods from your list as long as you suffer from morning sickness. Let’s check out what kind of items they are-
- Carbonated drinks
- Foods that contain monosodium glutamate
- Fried eggs
- Fried foods
- Oily preparations
- Greasy foods and
- High-fat foods.
Avoid triggering foods and fluid intake throughout the day is good for morning sickness –meicalnewstoday
Having lemonade, chilled foods and early eating could help gradually decrease the signs for it – fit pregnancy
9. Use the Goodness of Ginger/ Ginger Tea:
Ginger could bring you a long-lasting relief from the symptoms of morning sickness, after a few applications. They part of taking ginger for the treatment of nausea is that the anti-inflammatory properties of this root spice give us several benefits. Along with that it solves the morning sickness signs.
You can take ginger in various forms as a curer of morning sickness, like, ginger capsules, ginger ale, ginger candy, ginger tea or crystallized ginger.
Taking ginger tea is the safest way to take the goodness of this spice, particularly if you are in your pregnancy period. As because, ginger ale or capsules could provide some acid reflux feelings or heartburn in your stomach!
However, taking a doctor’s advice is always essential before finalizing your ginger intake to treat morning sickness naturally.
Ginger is good to fade the signs of nausea – nytimes
10. Drink Lemon Water or Lemonade:
Lemon water is rich in vitamin C component thus; it provides a boost to our digestive tract and solves any gastritis issues from there.Consequently, it will lead you towards a less-problematic condition in the morning.
In addition, the aromatic smell of lemon zest or husk provides an instant relief in the vomiting tendency of nausea. To get the goodness of lemonade in morning sickness just follow these steps below-
- Cut one lemon from the middle and squeeze its juice into a glass of water.
- Add ½ tbsp of raw organic honey and stir them well with a spoon.
- Now, drink it up slowly with tiny sips in the empty stomach on every day.
- People, who can’t tolerate lemon fluid in the morning, could take lemon candy instead for the same outcome.
Also check for health benefits lemon honey for sore throat home remedies.
Lemonade helps to relive nausea and give you energy boost – goodtoknow
11. Have a Sip of Peppermint Tea:
Drinking peppermint tea is a magnificent attempt to solve the issues of morning sickness effortlessly.
The smell of peppermint tea aids to settle out stomach and the inhaling properties of this component force for a better digestive tract throughout the whole day after taking a cup in the morning. Let’s check out how to prepare a cup of peppermint tea at home for morning sickness-
How to prepare peppermint tea
- Firstly, take 7-8 peppermint leaves and wash them clearly.
- Now crush those leaves harshly until the flavor or aroma completely releases them.
- After that place, those crushed leaves the bottom of a mug, and then, add some boiled-water into that mug.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, when the leaves seem completely submerged in the hot water, strain the leaves out of the tea with a strainer.
- Now add ½ tbsp of honey along with a few drops of fresh lemon juice and drink it slowly like your regular tea.
Though peppermint tea is good, make sure not more than two per day – new kids center
How Early and When Does Morning Sickness Start?
Morning sickness could start at different times for a different woman if you are suffering from this trouble for pregnancy. It has been seen that pregnant women could have nausea treatment from 6-2 weeks after missed their period. However, a few of them also could suffer from the signs of morning sickness as early as 2-3 weeks of their pregnancy. Some women get this morning sickness as their primary signs of pregnancy as well! As per the doctors’ journal, the precise time of nausea starts around 6 weeks of pregnancy.
How Long Does Morning Sickness Last?
Pregnant women, often ask that when does this morning sickness goes away or how long they need to bear this irritation nausea during this happy phrase of their life! Well, there is no particular time to conclude the exasperating feeling of morning sickness in the period of pregnancy, as per the health experts. Because, as different ladies have different timing to say goodbye to the signs of nausea. However, most of the times, the vomiting tendency of morning sickness goes away after 8-10 weeks of conceiving.
Morning Sickness: Take Home Message