Figs for Diabetes:
Figs are low in calorie content and high in fiber and potassium thus, they work very effectively on diabetic patients. This fruit is also a natural source of antioxidants that diminish cell damages and provide many good nutrients to our body, like vitamin A, C, K, B, etc. Let’s check out how to eat them in diabetes-
- Boil some fresh figs’ slices along with some tender fig leaves in a pot of water for 15 minutes.
- Now, strain the leaves and figs out of the water with a strainer and drink it like regular tea.
- You can add 1 tsp of dried ginger into it to increase the taste of your fig-tea.
- You can skip the fig slices and prepare the tea only with the fig leaves if you want! They provide the same effect on your blood sugar level.
Figs for Weight Loss:
This sweet tasty fruit could actually help you in the endeavor of reducing weight naturally! It’s low-calorie quality allures you to include this one in your regular diet, concurrently, the sweet texture helps you to replace other sweetened desserts with figs and increase the dietary fiber n your body along with an adequate amount of fiber. Let’s check out how to use figs for losing weight naturally-
- Slice some fresh figs into thin slices and add them to a bowl of whole grain bran cereal.
- You can also include some freshly diced figs in your midday meal salad along with some leafy greens.
- Bake fig slices with a sprinkle of olive oil and sever them with cooked check breast to get a high-fiber meal with a low-fat quality.
- Remember that fresh or cooked figs are more beneficial than dried figs when you are consuming them for losing weight!
Pin it for later