Freckles are those tiny brownish or reddish spots which appear on the surface of the skin and belong to the pigmentation category.
It mainly appear on the facial skin, covering entire portion of nose and cheeks. The disgusting part of having freckles on your face on any part of your body is that they not only make your whole appearance weird but, give you real trouble to get rid of, once emerge properly!
Freckles mostly occur because of the UV rays of the sun, which force to produce more melanin to your cells. You can lighten and get cured completely of these stubborn freckles if you know the right ingredient to use.
Here we enlighten your idea about how to get rid of freckles naturally with some simple kitchen ingredients, let’s check them out-
14 Natural Home Remedies for Freckles
1. Lemon for Freckles:
Lemon is a citrus fruit which contains citric acid in the each drop of its juice. This acidic content help to fade the dark spots of freckles while the bleaching agent found in lemon whiten the skin cells and restore the real tone of your skin. This single ingredient works more efficiently on the dark patches of freckles while merged with other skin beneficial components. Here we are referring top 2 packs for freckles using lemon as the base ingredient, let’s take a look-
Lemon and Vinegar:
- Take 1 tsp fresh lemon juice and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar into a spoon.
- Now, add a few sugar granules into the spoon and mix them well with the help of your fingertips.
- Once you find that sugar has dissolved properly, apply the solution on your freckles affected areas and let it dry there.
- After the duration of 15-20 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water and apply some light moisturizing cream immediately.
Lemon and Yogurt:
- Take 4 tbsp of unsweetened yogurt and 2 tbsp of lemon juice into a small mixing bowl.
- Now, beat them finely with a fork and make a smooth paste.
- After that, apply this paste on your affected area with a thick layer.
- Wait to dry the pack or wait for 20-25 minutes and then, rinse it off with normal water.
- Try to apply this pack regularly on your freckles, and you will get rid of those tiny spots shortly.
2. Sour Milk for Freckles:
Sour milk is one more effective home remedy to apply to the dark spots of freckles. It contains lactobacillus properties lactic acid content along with the bleaching quality, which lightens the tiny patches of freckles steadily. The best part of using sour milk for freckles is that it not only fades the spots but, your cells from generating tyrosinase enzymes, which cause the main reason behind increasing pigmentations. Sour cream is also much effective on freckles as sour milk. Let’s check out how to use it on freckles to wipe them out completely-
- Take some sour milk in your palm and add 2-3 drops of fresh lime juice into it.
- Now, mix them well and apply that sour milk on our freckles with the help of your fingertips.
- Let the solution dry n your freckles to get the best upshot.
- Once the pack is dried, wash it off with normal water or you can gently wipe off the milk with some cotton balls as well.
3. Honey for Freckles:
Honey is loaded with natural moistening properties because it is a humectant, and it also has an optimistic effect on deep, dark patches, that’s why honey it a perfect component to use against freckles.
The medicinal compounds found in honey fulfill the skin impurities, while the beneficial enzymes protect our skin from the harms of UV rays. Let’s check out top 2 packs for freckles with this single ingredient, which are equally effective on the pigments of the skin surface. Check it out-
Honey and Wheat Germ:
- Take 2 tbsp of raw organic honey in a large spoon, and heat it up a little.
- Then, add 1 tsp of wheat germ into it and stir them well, until they form into a smooth paste.
- Now, apply this paste on your affected area and wait 15 minutes to dry it up.
- After that, rinse the pack off with warm water and keep repeating this process daily until you get a satisfactory result on your freckles.
Honey and Water:
- Take equal amount of raw honey and diluted water into a small heatproof bowl and mix them up finely.
- Then, heat the mixture as your preferred way, like using the microwave or your gas oven, whatever you prefer.
- Now, let the solution cool down a little as you can bear the heat, and then, apply it on your skin, particularly the freckles prone areas.
- Let the solution sit there for the next half an hour and then rinse off with warm water.
4. Butter Milk for Freckles:
Buttermilk is another good thing to apply on freckles to fade the dark patches and to get rid of those disgusting pigmentation permanently.
It contains natural bleaching properties which help to lighten the tiny spots of freckles, and its moisturizing properties make your skin supple soft at the same time.
A small amount of mineral content in buttermilk also exfoliates and prevents the skin cells from producing harmful enzymes that form into the freckles later. Let’s check out how to use this simple thing to reduce and get remedied from the problem of freckles effortlessly-
- Take 1 tbsp of buttermilk and ½ tbsp of oatmeal powder into a small bowl and whisk them well.
- When you have a smooth paste, apply it on your affected areas and wait till dry.
- The pack could dry within half an hour, then rinse it off with cold water and pat dry gently.
- If you can try the method twice a day, you will get rid of freckles within 2 weeks!
5. Papaya for Freckles:
Papaya is one more recommendable item here which could provide optimistic effects on the dark patches of freckles. This pulpy fruit is loaded with papain enzyme that is skilled to lessen the pigmentation from your skin surface and to avert the production of tyrosinase melanin, which directly diminishes the appearing possibilities of freckles. Let’s see how to use papaya on freckles-
- At first, peel off and cut out a fully ripe papaya into small dices.
- Then, blend it in your food processor or smash some dices with the help of a smasher.
- After getting a smooth paste of papaya, apply it on your freckles with a thick layer and let it dry there for the next 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse the pack off with normal water and apply some light moisturizer immediately.
- You can also apply raw papaya juice on your freckles to get the same outcome; just try to take off that pack with cold water instead of normal water to get the best
6. Cucumber for Freckles:
Cucumber is another highly effective component to combat the signs of freckles naturally. This green crop is enriched with vitamin E and bleaching properties in high amount, which help to lighten the freckle spots.
Cucumber also contains a skin beneficial compound named phenylalanine that not only reduce the melanin production but, also cleanse the stored melanin from skin cells.
That’s why cucumber works so much proficiently to in the curing process of freckles! Let’s check out how to utilize this single component against the spots of freckles-
- Make a paste of cucumber n your blender and extract the juice from that smashed pulp into a spoon.
- Add 2-3 drops of fresh lime juice into it along with a few drops of raw honey and stir them well once.
- After that, apply that solution on your freckles and let it dry there for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, rinse off with normal water and repeat twice a day for the best result.
- You can skip the lime juice or honey if you want, and could apply raw cucumber juice on your freckles.
- Mentionable here that smashed cucumber is as much effective as cucumber juice to lighten the freckle spots.
7. Onion for Freckles:
Onion, especially the red ones are good for treating freckles in a curable way. Onions are loaded with the sulfur component as we all know, and this compound exfoliates melanin from our cells naturally. The acidic quality of onion helps to fade the darkish or brownish shade of freckles and make the cells glow naturally. Let’s check out how to use onion to combat the spots of freckles-
- Blend some slices of red onion in your blender and extract the juice into a tiny bowl.
- Then, add 1 tsp of ACV in the juice and stir them well.
- Now, spread this mixture over your freckle-prone areas and let it dry there.
- After a gap of 15-20 minutes wash off with normal water.
- Try to apply this solution twice-thrice a day to get the best upshot on dark patches.
8. Almond Oil for Freckles:
Almond oil is the natural source of vitamin E which is an essential nutrient for skin nourishment, thus it is one more recommendable item to include in our home remedy list to get rid of freckles effortlessly.
This component is also loaded with other beneficial nutrients along with phytosterols compounds, which all are skilled to lighten the dark spots and control melanin production.
The best part of using almond oil is to restore your skin from sun damages naturally. Let’s find out how to apply this thing on freckles-
- At first, take some almond oil into a metallic container and place it into a wide pot that is full of boiling water.
- Let the almond oil warm up this way with indirect heat for a few seconds.
- Now, take out the container which holds almond oil, and applies it to your freckled areas, when the solution turns bearable hot.
- Massage the warm oil onto your affected areas with light pressure and let it work there for the next few hours.
- After a certain period, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
9. Banana for Freckles:
Banana is another good ingredient to use against freckles. The anti-aging properties in banana tighten our skin and lessen the melanin production with the help of some beneficial enzymes.
This yellowish fruit works even more effectively on freckles while amalgamating with mint leaves. The antioxidant properties of mint leaves detoxify the cells and exfoliate stored melanin naturally. Let’s find out how to use them together in the reduction of freckles-
- Take half of a fully ripe banana and place them in your blender with 2 tbsp of dried and crushed mint leaves.
- Blend them until smoothen and apply the smooth paste on our freckle affected area with a thick layer.
- Let it dry for half an hour and then rinse off with normal water.
- Try to apply this paste twice a day to get rid of the disgusting patches of freckles shortly.
10. Tomato for Freckles:
Tomato is rich in vitamin C for being a sour crop, thus it has an acidic content in its every bit. The richness vitamin C helps to lighten the dark patches of freckles, while the natural bleaching properties of tomato restore the skin tone which has been damaged by the UV rays.
The citric quality of tomato prevents the cells from producing melanin and diminishes the spots of freckle gradually along with averting them from appearing again. Let’s see how to use this simple thing to get rid of freckles-
- Blend a fully ripe tomato in your blender first.
- Now, make a smooth and thick paste by blending it finely.
- Apply some of that paste at your affected are with the help of your fingertips and massage gently.
- Now, let the pack dry at those areas for the next half an hour and after that duration, wash off with normal water.
- Try to apply this method more than once in a day to get rid of freckles with a couple of weeks.